• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Horse meat found in Ikea's Swedish meatballs

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
PRAGUE (AP) -- The Czech veterinary authority says it has detected horse meat in meat balls labeled as beef and pork imported to the country by Sweden's furniture retailer giant Ikea.
The State Veterinary Administration says the one-kilogram packs of the frozen meat balls were made in Sweden to be sold in Ikea's furniture stores that also offer typical Swedish food.
A total of 760 kilograms (1,675 pounds) of the meat balls were stopped from reaching the shelves in the Czech Republic.
The authority said Monday horse meat was also found in beef burgers imported from Poland.
Last week, the Czechs detected horse meat for the first time — in lasagna Bolognese made by frozen food processor Tavola S. A. Comigel and sold at Tesco.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't know if it was horse meat but something has changed in Ikeas meetballs. The last time I tried the meat balls was last year & the standard of their meat balls was really bad. I stopped visiting for the meatballs.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Horsemeat in IKEA meatballs - Czexh

Don't we love IKEA Meatballs.... I do :p where these sold here??

==========================================================================================

Czech inspectors find horsemeat in IKEA meatballs
Reuters | Mon Feb 25 2013

Traces of horse meat were found in meatballs made in Sweden for IKEA group.

Czech Republic, February 25, 2013

PRAGUE - Czech inspectors have found horsemeat in meatballs made in Sweden for IKEA Group, the world's biggest furniture retailer, the Czech food regulator said on Monday.

The checks were carried out in response to a European-wide scandal that erupted last month when tests carried out in Ireland revealed some beef products also contained horsemeat.

It has triggered recalls of ready meals and damaged confidence in Europe's vast and complex food industry.

The Czech State Veterinary Administration reported its findings to the EU's Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed, it said in a statement.

The inspectors took samples for DNA tests in IKEA's unit in the city of Brno from a product labelled as "beef and pork meatballs", the statement said.

The consignment of meatballs that was tested had not been distributed to consumers, the statement said.

A spokesman for the institute said he did not know whether the meatballs were distributed in other European countries.

IKEA said they were made by a single Swedish supplier.

The inspectors also found horsemeat in burgers from Poland labelled as "beef pre-fried burger" supplied to the food trader and distributor BidVest Czech Republic.

Czech inspectors had previously found undeclared horsemeat in one other product sold on the Czech market.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Horsemeat in IKEA meatballs - Czexh

horse shit ! i love the meatballs at IKEA TAMPINES ,...the best so far!!! No wonder???

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Don't know if it was horse meat but something has changed in Ikeas meetballs. The last time I tried the meat balls was last year & the standard of their meat balls was really bad. I stopped visiting for the meatballs.

You are right. I found the taste different also. Even the chicken wings also taste funny. I have since stop eating there.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

You are right. I found the taste different also. Even the chicken wings also taste funny. I have since stop eating there.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

horse shit ! i love the meatballs at IKEA TAMPINES ,...the best so far!!! No wonder???

They have been horsing around with your BALLS..hmm! I mean Meat Balls....I just love those Swedish Meatballs from IKEA.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

so its ok to eat some horsemeat agfter all

whats the fucking problem?

got too much chemicals in them or eat already grow a horse cock? like that Tuayapeh better faster go and buy 10 packets ..... :wink:

imagery

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I like the meatballs and hotdogs at IKEA but now with this horseshit happening I'll give all of them a miss.

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lordshiva packs enough meat liao....no need to eat any horse meat ....any bigger I will have to fuck that elephant pussy Ris low just to get a good fit ...

:biggrin: