• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Hordes of Local Self-Employed Rushing For PAP's $9000 Relief! System's Crashed! Will Boss Sam Offer Similar Help To Self Employed Samsters And Locals?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE: The website that handles applications for the self-employed person income relief scheme (SIRS) has been closed as it implements a queuing system.

This comes after a surge in applications,
said Mr Ng Chee Meng, secretary-general of the National Trades Union Congress (NTUC) in a Facebook post on Tuesday (Apr 28).

Applications for the relief scheme opened on Monday, but a "massive surge caused major connectivity problems for users", Mr Ng explained.

“This meant that many users were not able to submit or complete their applications.”

A check by CNA at 6pm on Tuesday showed the website was still down, with a message indicating that the application system was closed

SIRS was introduced by the Government amid the COVID-19 outbreak to help those who were self-employed and have had their incomes disrupted by the pandemic.

It offers a total payment of S$9,000 that will be given in three equal payouts in May, July and October.
NTUC was tasked with administering the applications and appeals.

Mr Ng assured applicants that the payments they receive will not be impacted by when they apply for the scheme.

“We know that many of you are anxious. We want to assure eligible (self-employed persons) who are applying/appealing that the number of tranches is not impacted by when you submit your application.

“As long as you are eligible, you will receive payouts in three tranches.”

In the comments section of Mr Ng’s post, NTUC Singapore added there was no fixed deadline for applications, assuring applicants there would be time for them to submit their request.

The addition of the queue system, Mr Ng added, was to prevent the system from getting overwhelmed.

“This will avoid further disruption and manage user experience. In the meantime, we need to keep the application page closed to effect this,” Mr Ng said, apologising for the delay.

In a separate Facebook update on Monday afternoon by the Freelancers and Self-Employed Unit, an initiative by NTUC, the group urged applicants to try again later.

“We are experiencing high traffic due to the large volume of applications,” it said.

Comments on the post were by disgruntled applicants who faced issues with the online system.

WATCH: Freelancers suffer income loss amid COVID-19 outbreak | Video
One user claimed she kept getting booted out of the system while “uploading”. Others encountered error messages signalling the service was unavailable.

“Can’t access at all. Full of error messages,” said one person.

In response to an applicant who asked about how to register to be in the queue, the group said it would provide updates once the website was enhanced.

The self-employed income relief scheme is available to those who meet the criteria which includes being a Singapore citizen, identifying as a self-employed person no later than Mar 25 and earning a net trade income of no more than S$100,000 a year.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...-system-sirs-application-freelancers-12684300

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I am one of those that has applied for help because the income from my other site is now close to zero and I still have bills to pay including the hosting of this site.

Any help for me would be appreciated and to show my gratitude towards anyone that can donate some money I will send a bespoke sammyboy coffee mug in lovely LHL pink.

Thanks in advance for your generosity.

preview-1.jpg

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I am one of those that has applied for help because the income from my other site is now close to zero and I still have bills to pay including the hosting of this site.

Any help for me would be appreciated and to show my gratitude towards anyone that can donate some money I will send a bespoke sammyboy coffee mug in lovely LHL pink.

Thanks in advance for your generosity.

View attachment 77272
Are you serious?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
This type of "scheme", more effort will be spent explaining why people ineligible than actually handing money out to the needy. :cautious:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
In jiu hu, aid was given by previous recipients list plus record gathered from tax department.
If your declared income is less than certain amount, no need to apply. It's given out automatically.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
The bespoke mug part or the short of money part?

My online income definitely has taken a big hit.
where can I buy a bespoke mug? this is the kind of idea I was kicking around a year ago when I pm'ed you. I'm still playing with it in my head trying to make it work. :laugh:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
If I buy, are you able to ship to my PO box in Kiev? My agent will collect it and forward it to my contact in Hatyai. He will then drive down to Singapore to hand deliver.

But seriously, put me down for one. If you're able to meet the MOQ.

Let's see how it goes. :smile:

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I buy, are you able to ship to my PO box in Kiev? My agent will collect it and forward it to my contact in Hatyai. He will then drive down to Singapore to hand deliver.

But seriously, put me down for one. If you're able to meet the MOQ.

"KNN just send to your uncle's house la KNN"

:biggrin: