• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hooray! S'pore-Malaysia World Cup qualifier live on Ch5

CheesePie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Football: S'pore-Malaysia World Cup qualifier live on Ch5
By Alvina Soh |
Posted: 18 July 2011 1619 hrs
<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="260"><tbody><tr><td align="right" width="20">
</td><td align="right" width="240">
phpOAaNbF.jpg
</td></tr><tr><td height="60" valign="top">
</td><td class="update" height="80" valign="top"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td bgcolor="f6f6f6" width="138">Photos </td><td bgcolor="f6f6f6" width="47">1 of 1</td><td bgcolor="f6f6f6" width="18"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnPrev" value="<< Previous" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_previous.gif" height="15" type="image" width="18"></td><td bgcolor="f6f6f6" width="19"><input id="bntPlay" value="Play - Stop" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_stop.gif" height="15" type="image" width="19"></td><td bgcolor="f6f6f6" width="18"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnNext" value=" Next >> " src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" height="15" type="image" width="18"></td></tr></tbody></table>
dotline_240.gif

Fans at a Singapore football match.
</td></tr><tr><td>
</td><td class="update">
</td></tr><tr><td>
</td><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>
SINGAPORE: The tickets are sold out but not to worry.

MediaCorp TV's Channel 5 will telecast 'live' the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifier between Singapore and Malaysia.

It has acquired the 'live' rights for both the home and away matches.

The home match, to be played at Jalan Besar Stadium, will be shown 'live' on Channel 5 on Saturday, July 23 at 7:25pm.

The return leg, to be played at the Bukit Jalil National Stadium in Kuala Lumpur, will be shown 'live' on Thursday, July 28 at 8:40pm.

News 5 Tonight on Thursday July 28 will broadcast after the match.

The Football Association of Singapore (FAS) said all 4,000 tickets to the July 23 match were snapped up on the first day of sales on Saturday.

Having been a supporter since young, a 64-year-old elderly fan said: "Everybody is disappointed. I couldn't get tickets. What can I do. But no matter how, I'll find my way."

But another is "happy they are showing on TV. I can watch it 'live'. It's clear on TV."

Also looking forward to watching the match on Channel 5 is another fan, who said: "Jalan Besar is not a big stadium. More viewers can watch from the TV. It's a consolation, but the atmosphere will definitely be different."

A boy added: "Singapore, Malaysia will always be the most special game because of the rivalry (on the football field) that we have between the two countries."

The channel's vice-president for network acquisitions, Joy Olby-Tan, said: "Football matches between Singapore and our neighbour Malaysia have always evoked intense emotion amongst the fans.

"Let's all come together and support our Singapore Lions with all our hearts."

Fans can also catch the matches 'live' online at xinmsn.com/wcqlive and on Catch-Up TV on xinmsn.com/catchup the next working day.

The match between Singapore and Malaysia on July 23 is a second-round 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifier for Asia.

Singapore was given a 'bye' in the first round while Malaysia overcame Taiwan on away goals to make it to the second round.

-CNA/ck

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who will win?

Will the Mudland Tigers spanked our pampered Lions..??? :biggrin:

Or will our Pussy lions make stuffed tigers out of the Mudland?

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
can our rojak FT team goin to win the m&d team?:rolleyes:

maybe throw in more $$$$, our rojak FT team might have a chance.:biggrin:

Last edited:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singapore was given a 'bye' in the first round while Malaysia overcame Taiwan on away goals to make it to the second round.

Huh?? So sinkiepore oredi out? Den still play for wat? Lidat...result most likely depend on how much those m&d ish willing 2 pay our goalkeeper...striker...defender...:wink::biggrin: How long is dis kelong...:p

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Huh?? So sinkiepore oredi out? Den still play for wat? Lidat...result most likely depend on how much those m&d ish willing 2 pay our goalkeeper...striker...defender...:wink::biggrin: How long is dis kelong...:p

==
no lah...means we need not play "qualifying" and instead can play the Mudland instead..so instead of playing 8 matches to qualify, we need only to play 6 ~ something like that.

but i can tell you, the result sama sama, we will not progress any where after this.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
but i can tell you, the result sama sama, we will not progress any where after this.

OIC...thks 4 de head up...dis i cnot disagree...:biggrin::biggrin: we oredi achieved big big by habing a sinkie referee in WC 2010...dis time maybe aim 4 linesman....:p:p

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Singapore received a bye to the 2nd rd straight coz we did well in the last qualifiers. Last time round we made it into Rd 3. We are not out yet coz haven't even play a single game

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who will win?

Will the Mudland Tigers spanked our pampered Lions..??? :biggrin:

Or will our Pussy lions make stuffed tigers out of the Mudland?

ever since SFools open plate on singapore national team match, i notice a trend in most of the matches. Whenever there is great patriotism and everyone bet on spore to win which cause the odds on spore win to tumble, just bet opposite, confirm win $$ wan....:rolleyes:

anyway both teams kelong until siao, so just bet opposite of the trend, confirm win $$. :biggrin:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ever since SFools open plate on singapore national team match, i notice a trend in most of the matches. Whenever there is great patriotism and everyone bet on spore to win which cause the odds on spore win to tumble, just bet opposite, confirm win $$ wan....:rolleyes:

anyway both teams kelong until siao, so just bet opposite of the trend, confirm win $$. :biggrin:

Thanks for the tip Bro..

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore received a bye to the 2nd rd straight coz we did well in the last qualifiers. Last time round we made it into Rd 3. We are not out yet coz haven't even play a single game

===
bro...did well? Ok, we went all the way, needing a win against Palestine to progress...then what happened? We choked.

yup, thats what we like to do. Mentally weak. Choke at critical points.

we need to beat Laos or something to progress next rnd of Suzuki cup, then we choked again. But we could have saved all the trouble if we have beaten Philippines.

Same case here again...i tell you against Mudland.

Its not the progress...its the destination. Mudland may not have given a bye...but hey, they won the Suzuki Cup. They won a medal in SEA games (I am not sure if they are the champs)...

What does Lions have to show for all these efforts?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
===
bro...did well? Ok, we went all the way, needing a win against Palestine to progress...then what happened? We choked.

yup, thats what we like to do. Mentally weak. Choke at critical points.

we need to beat Laos or something to progress next rnd of Suzuki cup, then we choked again. But we could have saved all the trouble if we have beaten Philippines.

Same case here again...i tell you against Mudland.

Its not the progress...its the destination. Mudland may not have given a bye...but hey, they won the Suzuki Cup. They won a medal in SEA games (I am not sure if they are the champs)...

What does Lions have to show for all these efforts?

Let me put it this way, we have never even come close to making it to Rd 3 of the WC qualifiers. And we almost qualified for the last Asian Cup needing a win against Jordan. Yes they choked but look at it this way, No SG team in the past have ever gotten anywhere near where this team has been to.

Sure they are still not world class but compared to the days where we were still competing in the Malaysian Kelong league. We have come a long way. Back in the day we could even freaking win the Sea games, now we won the Suzuki/Tiger Cup 3 times. Sure MY won it this time round, doesn't mean we cannot win it back. For the record, Thailand 4 titles, SG 3 titles, MY and Vietnam 1. I don't think we are doing too badly.

Last edited:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

All dis soccer thingy so cuntfusing...think i better stick to pc gaming n hacking...much more kan dan leh...:biggrin::p:p

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me put it this way, we have never even come close to making it to Rd 3 of the WC qualifiers. And we almost qualified for the last Asian Cup needing a win against Jordan. Yes they choked but look at it this way, No SG team in the past have ever gotten anywhere near where this team has been to.

Sure they are still not world class but compared to the days where we were still competing in the Malaysian Kelong league. We have come a long way. Back in the day we could even freaking win the Sea games, now we won the Suzuki/Tiger Cup 3 times. Sure MY won it this time round, doesn't mean we cannot win it back. For the record, Thailand 4 titles, SG 3 titles, MY and Vietnam 1. I don't think we are
doing too badly.

What a load of bollocks! The Singapore team in the Malaysia Cup era is definitely stronger than this rojak half-fucked UN trash we call a national team. Fandi & Co had certainly no problems giving teams like Pinoyland and Brunei 5 or more goals without reply but the current team struggles to overcome the same shit teams. The Golden Generation had not won international tournaments, but let us not forget that Thailand was a regional powerhouse and Malaysia and Indonesia were considerably stronger back then. Send our joke of a national team back to the 90s and they would have lost cock standing. Even the coach was better. Douglas Moore was definitely a better coach than that Serb bore. Anyone who thinks that the likes of Fandi, Sundramoorthy, Malek, Tong Hai and David are inferior to Precious, Qiu Li, Duric and their jokers-in-crime ought to have his head examined.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What a load of bollocks! The Singapore team in the Malaysia Cup era is definitely stronger than this rojak half-fucked UN trash we call a national team. Fandi & Co had certainly no problems giving teams like Pinoyland and Brunei 5 or more goals without reply but the current team struggles to overcome the same shit teams. The Golden Generation had not won international tournaments, but let us not forget that Thailand was a regional powerhouse and Malaysia and Indonesia were considerably stronger back then. Send our joke of a national team back to the 90s and they would have lost cock standing. Even the coach was better. Douglas Moore was definitely a better coach than that Serb bore. Anyone who thinks that the likes of Fandi, Sundramoorthy, Malek, Tong Hai and David are inferior to Precious, Qiu Li, Duric and their jokers-in-crime ought to have his head examined.

Agree.. I think even our foreign imports back then like Jang Jung, Abbas and Alistair are way off better than our current FT players. That negro Precious is just a clumsy lumbering fool.. Got no pace. Jang Jung was an examplary professional. Solid, no nonsense, and expertly marshalling the defence. He really partnered well with Lim Tong Hai and I think Tong Hai really matured alot as a player with Jang Jung by his side. David Lee was commanding in the penalty box, bawling out instructions to his defenders. I would rate him as our best goalie ever.. Doug Moore was a typical English coach, one of the best coaches of our National team. In fact, I would rate our Malaysia Cup team of the 90s as a better team than the present one.