• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hooliganism on the rise in Singapore

WOOHOO

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya, nowadays the hooligans are much kaisi compared to the gangsters in the past era. Those have retired liao.

Most of them nowadays are youngsters out to create trouble only. :smile:

wahhahaha their mentality is whoever has the bigger group wins....:eek:
They breaak the rules having fun gang bashing single weaker teenagers and still feel good about it. Showing off to each other how strong they are....~~~ In my eyes they are then the really weak ones

Platini

Alfrescian
Loyal
tis r all those young punk lack of attention,those real ss members nw r rather inside serving their time or quiet2 earning their $$$

LongWu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I noticed in recent years that hooliganism is on the rise in Singapore. Just last week there was a report in New Paper (2/July) of some bashing in Boat Quay area, etc. http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,170007,00.html

It seems a far cry from 10-15 years ago when I first came to Singapore. At that time, we hardly hear of such hooligan acts and crimes. Nowadays such crimes are quite common especially on the weekends.

The funny thing is sometimes the police say that they cannot intervene cos it's not a crime if someone pick a fight against you. The crimes and hooligan acts seem to be similar to what you get in Western society. I remember when studying overseas many years ago that such hooliganism are quite common.

I believe there are 2 main causes for this rise in hooligan acts:-
1. Government's open attitude towards western culture, like encouraging bar-top dancing, opening night spots till early morning hours.
2. Influx of foreigners, you can see a lot of petty crimes are committed by foreigners.

I wonder if anyone shares my opinion.

Just my 2 cents worth

Oh yes, my father's second son is a hooligan himself. You know, one night he slammed the door on me, and I did the same, and we got into a fight. And he attacked me from behind with a wooden chair, and we got into a deadlock.

And as I broke free and wanted to fight no more with him, you know what that dog did? He broke a leg off the chair he used to attack me earlier, and hit my head.

You should have seen his bloody hooligan face. And I surprised he would do such a thing. And he hit me on the head again and again till, still in disbelief, I took a metal pole and attempted to do the same to him.

He kept hitting me and he kept blocking, and as he made blood gush out of the left side of my head, I hit his defending arms till the metal pole broke into two, smashing one of the hall lights in the process.

This, coupled with the fact that the night before he began warning, threatening and saying very provoking things to me. He then tells me that he is right and he has done nothing wrong at all, and even daring me to end his life. What trickery.

He hit my head, and made it bleed profusely. In front of the Buddha statues. Sure, I will definitely forget about this.

jw5

Loyal
I disagree.
There is 1 main reason for young people becoming hooligans:
Bad upbringing.

ReCaRo79

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually ah bengs and lians or paikias have already decreased compared to the olden days when i was young.

Nowadays people earn money rather than to fight.

Those old gangsters already retired and busy making money.

The young ones still exist but they are minority and they are in different league compared to the old gangsters.

The old ones are those really fierce and daring type while the young ones talk loud and less actions.