• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Honourable PM Lee Accepts PAP's Verdict On 38 Oxley Road Like A Good Son!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong on Monday (April 2) wrote on Facebook that he has read and “accepted” the ministerial committee’s report regarding the house at 38 Oxley Road.

“Speaking as a son, I accept the Committee’s conclusion on what my father’s wishes were regarding the house at 38 Oxley Road, and the range of options it has laid out,” said PM Lee, who reiterated that he had recused himself from dealing with the issue.

The ministerial committee for the old family home of the late prime minister Lee Kuan Yew released a 21-page report earlier Monday, outlining three broad options for the property at 38 Oxley Road.

90052a53f38796fecdb6378cca24eb79

“As the Committee pointed out, there is no need to make a decision now. My sister is still living there, and is likely to continue doing so for the foreseeable future." As the Committee pointed out, there is no need to make a decision now. My sister is still living there, and is likely to continue doing so for the foreseeable future.

“I hope that when the time comes to decide on what to do with the house, this report will help the Government of the day to make an informed decision that both respects my father’s wishes and is in the public interest,” he added.

The fate of the house was the centre of a public family spat last June, whenDr Lee and Lee Hsien Yang – younger siblings of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong – accused their brother of abusing his power to prevent the house from being demolished as per the late Lee’s final will." The fate of the house was the centre of a public family spat last June, when Dr Lee and Lee Hsien Yang – younger siblings of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong – accused their brother of abusing his power to prevent the house from being demolished as per the late Lee’s final will.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/pm-lee-sp...al-panels-report-38-oxley-road-103054302.html

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This type of report need a ministerial committee to churn out ? A primary school kid can give you the same in half an hour.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Committee publishes report and he can respond so fast.. lol :biggrin:

Your guess is as good as mine..:biggrin:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If the good PM Lee allows 38 Oxley to be demolished and sold, I would be making a bid to buy that piece of land. Some of the other towkays from the Hui Kuan are in. I've also gotten the backing of some Japanese banks if more cost is larger than what we've estimated.

WW3Concert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tua Kee Lan Jiao Kan Pua Chow Chee Bye!

I say blood coupe overthrow PAP and demolish the vampire house build a public toilet on the site, and whore houses around that whole Oxley zone.

Understand?

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a private personal matter,why need a ministerial committee ? why taxpayers are paying for PM's personal affair ?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the good PM Lee allows 38 Oxley to be demolished and sold, I would be making a bid to buy that piece of land. Some of the other towkays from the Hui Kuan are in. I've also gotten the backing of some Japanese banks if more cost is larger than what we've estimated.
Lee Wei Ling will kill you and your offspring first.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seem like time delaying tactic.

1. Old man's wish was to have the property eventually demolished and nothing else. Now the govt has presented 3 options instead of 1.

2. Option 2 is just adding to the number. Option 3 is just political correctness. It foregone conclusion which one they will choose when the time comes

3. The decision now lies with government of the day instead of old man's appointed trustee.

Clever ploy to make it seems like the govt has compromise by considering all options when in actual fact, they have not retreated a single inch.

Last edited:

ToaPehGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our million dollar ministers had once again performed a miracle of talking to a dead man and drawing a conclusion to his dead wishes... 3 years after his death! Worth all our tax millions. Long live PAP!

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sounds like the comittee was obeying LHL's own wish to write such report and he, of course, happily accepted. Just like Halimah said she has no intention to run for president and now happily accepted it. Welcome to PAP's self produced, self directed and self acted WAYANG!

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a private personal matter,why need a ministerial committee ? why taxpayers are paying for PM's personal affair ?
Looks like 38 Oxley is not a private property after all. It belongs to the state and LKY had been squatting rent free all these years with free utilities thrown in.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like 38 Oxley is not a private property after all. It belongs to the state and LKY had been squatting rent free all these years with free utilities thrown in.

Wow!..you the only one, even that 'cocksucker John" & so many others....cannot see the light!. You hit the nail on the head...but the dishonourable son...should have fulfilled daddy's wishes.....demolished the house & return the land to the government..who in return do what they wished with the land...don't embarrass his daddy.....what a feeble leader the son...cannot even make a firm decision, as a PM of country & a descendant of a well known honourable man. What a shame!

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore got so many Committees to decide on public matters...but all got only 1 & the same ultimate Chairman supremo.