• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hongkies live UK life

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Children will receive very holistic education. By 16, they are considered adults and enter workforce.

parrardee

Alfrescian
Loyal
They ran from the CCP, no point running to another totalitarian regime. :wink:

Sinkieland is alright for tourists to have a weekend visit, and for the very wealthy/powerful ones to park their dirty money. For raising children and living as dignified human beings... there are better options out there. :cool:
As far as most people here are concerned, Sinkieland is still agood place to be in. Not every kid turns out to be like you.

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal

The BBC used to be much more subtle when it comes to generating anti-China propaganda, but this piece is so blatant that it's approaching Falungong Epoch Times level. I have no issues with Hong Kongers wanting to migrate elsewhere, everyone has their own personal reasons to seek a better life, but somehow the BBC managed to make every single common reason for migration sound sinister.

The article started off innocuous enough - a couple named Yowin and Eddie decided their jobs in Hong Kong though good paying were too long hours and stressful, so they decided to move to a rural area in UK where the pay is lower, but the cost of living is also cheaper and more laid back which suits their style. Fair enough, so far so good. (BTW, not sure how long they can continue to be laid back and cheap, UK's inflation is already 10+% and most estimates expect things to get worse in 2023).

She also fears the phasing-out of the speaking of Cantonese in schools, and that Hayley would be taught in Mandarin Chinese. "That's one of the reasons I don't want to stay in Hong Kong."

Har? Yowin wants to get out of HK because she is not happy that the state approved curriculum is thought in Mandarin and no longer in Cantonese? Then why the hell is she in UK? Last I understand UK schools do not teach Cantonese either...

Another of Yowin's concerns is censorship. She believes Hayley wouldn't get the "true news" on TV. "Maybe only fake news, you know? In Hong Kong, she might not be able to say whatever she wants."

How many younger generation even watch TV these days? Don't say her daughter, even the generation of Eddie and Yowin hardly sit in the living room at 8pm to watch TV news these days. You can watch CNN and BBC just as much as you want in either HK or UK, so that doesn't sound like a very logical reason either.

What follows is a few paragraphs of how Hong Kong is doomed and people are fleeing to the UK paradise and how great the UK BNO policy is yada yada. Then suddenly the readers are slapped with a bombshell:

Eddie and Yowin know that they won't necessarily be able to earn the salaries they did back home, but they have a cushion of cash from the sale of their flat. Yowin wants to work as a cashier or receptionist, whereas Eddie, who is taking English lessons, hopes to be a delivery driver. The recruiter offers them a 10-hour shift in a meat factory. "It's going to be like working like a robot," says Yowin.

Oh so now we are told Yowin and Eddie don't even have a job in UK, they are basically burning out their savings. Not only that, Yowin is bitching about being offered a shitty job as a meat factory driver. So what happened to the I just want a relax life chilling life in the rural areas earlier?

The rest of the article is simply a worthless description of some petty childish disputes between pro-UK and pro-China youtubers, pro-HK and anti-HK migrants etc. that's of no substance. Interestingly, the BBC cites Nathan Law as some sort of champion but conveniently neglects to mention that this is the guy who repeatedly gave assurances to his followers that he will fight with them in HK all the way to the end only for his followers to find out through FB he has fled during the night.

In summary, Eddie and Yowin sound like typical exhausted PMEs who are sick of a stressful life in HK and migrated to UK rural area in pursuit of a more countryside lifestyle. I believe this is the main legit reason for their migration, the rest of the illogical stuff like not being taught Cantonese, cannot get "real news" in HK etc, I don't know if it was them saying it to fit what they thought BBC wanted them to say or perhaps BBC quoted them out of context to fit their own narrative.

However, this couple is also evidence of what I have been saying all along - for an average HK PME with limited English skills and people network in UK, the migration is unlikely to work in the long term. The UK economy is undergoing a severe lethargy and chances of an outsider securing a PME job is very low while the rural community is not going to take it well when some outsider comes in and start taking away their blue collar jobs. The end result is almost always taking up lousy paying jobs with horrible hours for locally run stores and shops catering to HK/Chinese clientale.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The BBC used to be much more subtle when it comes to generating anti-China propaganda, but this piece is so blatant that it's approaching Falungong Epoch Times level. I have no issues with Hong Kongers wanting to migrate elsewhere, everyone has their own personal reasons to seek a better life, but somehow the BBC managed to make every single common reason for migration sound sinister.

The article started off innocuous enough - a couple named Yowin and Eddie decided their jobs in Hong Kong though good paying were too long hours and stressful, so they decided to move to a rural area in UK where the pay is lower, but the cost of living is also cheaper and more laid back which suits their style. Fair enough, so far so good. (BTW, not sure how long they can continue to be laid back and cheap, UK's inflation is already 10+% and most estimates expect things to get worse in 2023).

Har? Yowin wants to get out of HK because she is not happy that the state approved curriculum is thought in Mandarin and no longer in Cantonese? Then why the hell is she in UK? Last I understand UK schools do not teach Cantonese either...

How many younger generation even watch TV these days? Don't say her daughter, even the generation of Eddie and Yowin hardly sit in the living room at 8pm to watch TV news these days. You can watch CNN and BBC just as much as you want in either HK or UK, so that doesn't sound like a very logical reason either.

What follows is a few paragraphs of how Hong Kong is doomed and people are fleeing to the UK paradise and how great the UK BNO policy is yada yada. Then suddenly the readers are slapped with a bombshell:

Oh so now we are told Yowin and Eddie don't even have a job in UK, they are basically burning out their savings. Not only that, Yowin is bitching about being offered a shitty job as a meat factory driver. So what happened to the I just want a relax life chilling life in the rural areas earlier?

The rest of the article is simply a worthless description of some petty childish disputes between pro-UK and pro-China youtubers, pro-HK and anti-HK migrants etc. that's of no substance. Interestingly, the BBC cites Nathan Law as some sort of champion but conveniently neglects to mention that this is the guy who repeatedly gave assurances to his followers that he will fight with them in HK all the way to the end only for his followers to find out through FB he has fled during the night.

In summary, Eddie and Yowin sound like typical exhausted PMEs who are sick of a stressful life in HK and migrated to UK rural area in pursuit of a more countryside lifestyle. I believe this is the main legit reason for their migration, the rest of the illogical stuff like not being taught Cantonese, cannot get "real news" in HK etc, I don't know if it was them saying it to fit what they thought BBC wanted them to say or perhaps BBC quoted them out of context to fit their own narrative.

However, this couple is also evidence of what I have been saying all along - for an average HK PME with limited English skills and people network in UK, the migration is unlikely to work in the long term. The UK economy is undergoing a severe lethargy and chances of an outsider securing a PME job is very low while the rural community is not going to take it well when some outsider comes in and start taking away their blue collar jobs. The end result is almost always taking up lousy paying jobs with horrible hours for locally run stores and shops catering to HK/Chinese clientale.
You got it. Hongkies cant survive without the China cimolaining.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
stinkypura got nothing to offer

see even your fellow chinks don't see stinkypura up.

that's what you get in a kafir anti Islamic chink run country.

an utterly mediocre CECA fied sh*thole
Heaps n heaps of cash, that's the only thing Sinkieland can offer... Too bad that mUdSliMe country of yours are much much poorer with an old fart still yearning to be the PM...
Wakakakakakakakakaka....

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heaps n heaps of cash, that's the only thing Sinkieland can offer... Too bad that mUdSliMe country are much much poorer with an old fart still yearning to be the PM...
Wakakakakakakakakaka....
That Mamak Kutty is definitely a big sore and disgrace. At his age and he still wants to field himself as a PM candidate. What a fucking disillusion? Being in and out of hospital so many times already, he should have considered that Allah has given him a few more graceful months to enjoy himself while he still can.