• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam’s “sincere” apology wasn’t sincere enough

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
In her third press conference in nine days during what has been the most tumultuous period of her time in office, Hong Kong chief executive Carrie Lam today (June 18) acknowledged the controversies and anxieties that the extradition bill has caused, conceded that she has to “personally shoulder much of the responsibility,” and offered her “most sincere apology to all people of Hong Kong.”

Still, she repeatedly refused to completely withdraw the hated bill—which would allow Hong Kong to send suspects to mainland China once it becomes law—a major and as yet unmet demand from protesters. However, she pledged that the legislative process for the bill would not resume unless “anxieties and fears” over the bill can be resolved.

Of the five main requests demanded by protesters—the bill’s withdrawal; Lam’s resignation; an investigation into police violence against protesters; retracting the designation of the protest as a “riot,” and an assurance that no protesters will face criminal charges—Lam delivered on one when she stood by the police commissioner’s decision yesterday (June 17) to retract the designation of the protest as a riot. However, those who are accused of attacking the police with bricks and metal poles will still be charged for rioting.

More at https://tinyurI.com/y6yumvc3

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
She looked so decent. I am sure she meant no ill will. Safeguards were in place to ensure only those who commit serious crimes and fraud should be extradited.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She looked so decent. I am sure she meant no ill will. Safeguards were in place to ensure only those who commit serious crimes and fraud should be extradited.

Trust the Chicoms at your own peril. They are the masters of shifting goalposts and breaking promises, and stabbing their 'comrades' in the back. :rolleyes:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Trust the Chicoms at your own peril. They are the masters of shifting goalposts and breaking promises, and stabbing their 'comrades' in the back. :rolleyes:
hanor, that explains why she didn't bow or bend down - for fear of a tool coming in from the rear :redface:

democracy my butt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Beijing should order 100K militarized police force into HK and impose Martial Law, suspend all civilian officers' duty and suspend legislative council, and suspend police power. Make sure the HK kenna Tekkan until shit come out and massive suicide. Thai military did this for years already. Martial Law.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Beijing should order 100K militarized police force into HK and impose Martial Law, suspend all civilian officers' duty and suspend legislative council, and suspend police power. Make sure the HK kenna Tekkan until shit come out and massive suicide. Thai military did this for years already. Martial Law.

Thailand can do that in their backwater shithole.

Hong Kong is a special city. Try and mess with it. :cool:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Talking cock

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I see a pained puppet. One who is straining on the cords to say fuck you hongkies, I quit. But refrained from doing so.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
HK people are scoring own goals. Not only are they distancing themselves from mainland China, the chaos they created also chased away business opportunities to neighbouring countries like Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HK people are scoring own goals. Not only are they distancing themselves from mainland China, the chaos they created also chased away business opportunities to neighbouring countries like Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore.

It is the Chicoms who created this mess. If the extradition bill is passed, expect an exodus of the wealthy and smart people out of Hong Kong.

And depending on what happens at the upcoming G20 meeting, it will be China which will be scoring an own goal. :cool:

Oh, and Xi Jinping had better watch his back. Watch out for the Jiang faction. :wink:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
That kind of reaction will be suicidal economically. Hong kong will be turned into a fishing village if they remove laws enacted by ang mohs.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is the Chicoms who created this mess. If the extradition bill is passed, expect an exodus of the wealthy and smart people out of Hong Kong.

And depending on what happens at the upcoming G20 meeting, it will be China which will be scoring an own goal. :cool:

Oh, and Xi Jinping had better watch his back. Watch out for the Jiang faction. :wink:
My question is the HK autonomy etc is only valid for another 28 years. After that how ah? It will another ah tiong city and those rich etc will have to run anyway. It's just kicking the can down the road. So what will happen after 28 years?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
My question is the HK autonomy etc is only valid for another 28 years. After that how ah? It will another ah tiong city and those rich etc will have to run anyway. It's just kicking the can down the road. So what will happen after 28 years?
After 28 years, communist party will become history.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You assume that the People's Republic of China regime will last another 28 years. :wink:

THe USSR lasted about 70 years before imploding. Right now, there's a massive property bubble in China. Do you feel lucky? :cool:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
You assume that the People's Republic of China regime will last another 28 years. :wink:

THe USSR lasted about 70 years before imploding. Right now, there's a massive property bubble in China. Do you feel lucky? :cool:
Right now the Chicoms are more dominant than ever. They are also popular and loved. Talk to any overseas ah tiongs. All say CCP good. And property bubble? I have been hearing tat for decades and yet still ok. Another point property bubble.. where? There is no bubble in the major tier 1 cities, canton, Shenzhen, Shanghai, Beijing, all doing well. When ppl buy property there, they count the appreciation in days not years...and demand still high. The USSR could not implement it's reforms and imploded. The reforms by the CCP still ongoing. Heaps of ah tiongs are happy with the CCP. And many also happy with Xi. N tiongs are more obsessed with wealth. Like singkies. Democracy etc is secondary. Look at singkieland. And look at ah tiong land. I think CCP n pap will be rulers for a long time. I doubt the implosion will happen in my life time. But I don't have much time left anyway

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just quit lah. Have some pride. The people are unreasonable and don't want you. Just leave with honor. Stand your ground and quit bec you don't agree with the people. Stop apologizing. Don't be another Theresa May who has to to leave in disgrace.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
The ah tiongs commies also have strong control on all information...with such social controls, I doubt the CCP will fall anytime soon