• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HOLY CRAP: ComfortDelGro to buy 51% of Uber's car rental business in SG!!!

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Guess what, these clowns have disappeared overnight when Aunty Ho bought into Grab and NTUC taxi to idol. 20,000 cabbies joined this newly formed association which fell thru a whole within a year with LTA refusing to yield over Uber and Grab Drivers.

Imagine 6 PAP MPs, 2 of whom are cabinet ministers sitting in one association and the whole thing collapse in one year. The association remains with all 6 clowns refusing to her their names published when the ride hailing war started.

How can politicians run taxi association to advise cabbies?
April 25, 2016

By: 永久浪客/Forever Vagabond

It was reported in ST on Sunday (http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/fare-cuts-by-uber-grab-will-hurt-sector-taxi-body) that the so-called National Taxi Association (NTA) is criticising about the recent price cuts by Grab and Uber, saying they not only hit their drivers’ earnings but, if left unchecked, could also hurt the taxi industry and commuters.
“It’s an unhealthy and unsustainable business strategy,” said NTA executive adviser Ang Hin Kee, who is also a PAP MP in Ang Mo Kio GRC.

On April 14, Uber cut fares by an average of 15 per cent followed later by Grab, which slashed its prices by up to 14 per cent.

Mr Ang said cab companies are now under pressure to lower their fares but stated that “we don’t want to go down this road”. Mr Ang, only an adviser of NTA, has become its spokesperson.

NTA run by PAP politicians

According to its website (http://www.nta.org.sg/about-us/who-we-are.html), NTA is said to be affiliated to NTUC. “We welcome all taxi drivers in Singapore to join us,” its website stated.

The association appears to be run by a “council of advisors”, made up of PAP politicians:
1. Chan Chun Sing – Chairman (Tanjong Pagar GRC MP)
2. Ang Hin Kee – Executive (Ang Mo Kio GRC MP)
3. Ong Ye Kung (Sembawang GRC MP)
4. Edwin Tong (Marine Parade GRC MP)
5. Muhammad Faishal Ibrahim (Nee Soon GRC MP)
6. Seng Han Thong (former Ang Mo Kio GRC MP)

Uber & LCR's latest promotion to entice drivers: Driver's incentive of $500 to pick up first passenger & free car rental for the initial number of months and thereafter at very competitive rental rates.

You tell me how desperate can they be? Fortunately for LCR, Santa Claus Comfort comes along.

Folks familiar with the industry had a damn good laugh when Comfort attempted to join force with Ryde to compete against Grab and Uber.

With Comfort's almighty advisors who sit in the Ivory Tower no wonder Comfort Taxi is in such a big mess.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With Comfort's almighty advisors who sit in the Ivory Tower no wonder Comfort Taxi is in such a big mess.

About time the Govt permit established private guard companies to provide armed guards for the security industry instead of just 2 Temasek linked companies.

Competition Commssion of S’pore cannot be blind to the current landscape.
Notwithstanding their links with Aunty Ho, lots of screw-ups happening too regularly.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Holy cow! That’s a lot of money.

I going to watch this space. These guys in the 90s made a fortune on the backs of taxi drivers and when queried about the huge pay and bonus to their one time MP CEO, the prick banned the reporter.

After 2015GE, the PAP and NTUC formed a high powered taxi association with MPs and Cabinet clown CCS to protect taxi drivers, now all abandoned.

Don't you forget, one high powered, arrogant b$%#%d of a MP, who was 'protecting' the taxi drivers with the association, was nearly, 'burnt like a BBQ chicken'....that prove where their heart was...need no other proof. Now, we have a similar theme..." do ___, do __"..together, do we ever learn??

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Competition Commssion of S’pore cannot be blind to the current landscape.
Notwithstanding their links with Aunty Ho, lots of screw-ups happening too regularly.

But the choose to be blind and there is nothing anyone can do about it

Ownself check ownself

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
These advisor ain't business man. These are all politicians who are parachute to remain.

They are the protectors of the system.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In most "normal" countries, scholars usually end up in academia and soldiers stay in barracks or work in the related defence/security industries after retirement.,
Here you have scholars/generals who are running every aspect of the country from politics to business and creating one mess after another with impunity and without accountability.
Will these decisions be made if the monies were to come from their own pocket?
Can a chap who cannot even run a transport company aspire to be PM?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
These guys are all talking cock. It is not up to the taxi association or company to set the rules.

It is common sense.

Why will u pay extra to take a cab if u only need to get from Point A to B? These taxi companies still in dreamland, talking cock and saying that they do not want to go down the road of cutting the fares!

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was driving Uber when I was unemployed.

hahaha, in the later days there was Grab but i just see Grab as a copycat.

In some of my posts, i shared that I was very grateful to Uber, their business model liberated the industry from the high-handed taxi operators and offers a (temporary or permanent) solution to tide over the difficult days of some of our disillusioned working class.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh gosh. That is the worst business decision ever made in the history of all history. It does reflect what kind of people are running the cab industry in sg. It is so much cheaper to come up with your own app and follow the uber model, even if you cannot create a model of your own. i feel so ashamed of sg now.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Oh gosh. That is the worst business decision ever made in the history of all history. It does reflect what kind of people are running the cab industry in sg. It is so much cheaper to come up with your own app and follow the uber model, even if you cannot create a model of your own. i feel so ashamed of sg now.

They paid the competition off.

What this means is that if you follow Uber model and go and compete with them they will pay you to go away too.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes uber has changed the concept for getting a taxi. Temasek and the govt saw it and find ways to take over control. So we are back to square one. There will be no more discounts, promotions... for both drivers and users. We are back to controlled pricing except it is now through an App.

LCR lost millions propping up the COE for the govt to maintain it at above 40k. It was great public service as it helps govt to collect more money from car buyers. Otherwise, Coe would have hit $10 again. The yr has come to a close so it's tine for govt to pay back Uber/LCR. It is just a money transfer from NTUC to govt and uber is the agent. Just like how they sell the power generator plants, state lands ... The same old game.
I was driving Uber when I was unemployed.

hahaha, in the later days there was Grab but i just see Grab as a copycat.

In some of my posts, i shared that I was very grateful to Uber, their business model liberated the industry from the high-handed taxi operators and offers a (temporary or permanent) solution to tide over the difficult days of some of our disillusioned working class.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pardon my ignorance but can someone explain to me why CDG would want to acquire 51% of a loss making company?
Decision makers spotted something great in Uber?

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes uber has changed the concept for getting a taxi. Temasek and the govt saw it and find ways to take over control. So we are back to square one. There will be no more discounts, promotions... for both drivers and users. We are back to controlled pricing except it is now through an App.

LCR lost millions propping up the COE for the govt to maintain it at above 40k. It was great public service as it helps govt to collect more money from car buyers. Otherwise, Coe would have hit $10 again. The yr has come to a close so it's tine for govt to pay back Uber/LCR. It is just a money transfer from NTUC to govt and uber is the agent. Just like how they sell the power generator plants, state lands ... The same old game.

We still have three big players around, let's see if GLCs will swallow them
- Hitachi Leasing - Private cars
- Twincar (Grab) - Rideshare vehicles
- Goldbell Leasing - Trucks

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But over competition then back to monopoly.

Imo, they should fight their competitors head on not buy them over. With all the brains they have in the government, surely it can’t be that difficult to neutralise your competitors. Buying over business rivals? Even a cleaner is aware of this strategy.

chucky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't be stupid. A cleaner won't buy over his business rival. A cleaner would ask his rival to help him clean so that they can both go home earlier.

Imo, they should fight their competitors head on not buy them over. With all the brains they have in the government, surely it can’t be that difficult to neutralise your competitors. Buying over business rivals? Even a cleaner is aware of this strategy.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
What brains are you talking about?