• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Holiday Scenery and Experiences! Come share!

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
may be forecast was wrong. it’s nice here as well in bedok.
Went to Wapta Falls today with some friends. Had dinner with them as well back in Calgary.

Was a nice day out in Yoho National Park!

Photos to come maybe tomorrow

Here's a preview

20210717_105930.jpg

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Wapta Falls in Yoho National Park

https://www.10adventures.com/hikes/yoho-national-park/wapta-falls/

216593537_2866961266952911_7755918907341946122_n.jpg

Got there around 930am still got parking.

218435634_254383869468556_6002136341860792568_n.jpg

Into the trail.

A1 218056292_1743001352563850_3687064406216456293_n.jpg

We climbed onto that rock in front of the Waterfall. Feel the spray from the waterfall. Got all wet!

B1 212803228_818804702337100_8098015290365114226_n.jpg

We climbed up that rock. It looks to be made of harder slate type rock which is why it remains.

B 20210717_105924.jpg

C 20210717_110126.jpg

E 20210717_115641.jpg

View from the rock further from shoreline

F 20210717_115649.jpg

Opening on the top where the spray hits you all the way.

G 20210717_115703.jpg

211260774_888993145021910_6887066993050335583_n.jpg

Pools at the bottom. Some people would go swimming in it.

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wapta Falls in Yoho National Park

https://www.10adventures.com/hikes/yoho-national-park/wapta-falls/

Got there around 930am still got parking.

Into the trail.

We climbed onto that rock in front of the Waterfall. Feel the spray from the waterfall. Got all wet!

We climbed up that rock. It looks to be made of harder slate type rock which is why it remains.

View from the rock further from shoreline

Opening on the top where the spray hits you all the way.

Pools at the bottom. Some people would go swimming in it.
Do you post such photos on your facebook account if you have one? :biggrin:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
You dunno that Sinkies life is now like a caged dog..
No lah.

Life is good in SG. Lots of restaurants quiet. No crowds. Can watch movies. Can also go cycling. Zoo. USS.

Disco. Pubs. KTV.

Good life. Thats why my siblings moved back fo SG!

No fight. SG confirm better life than in Canada.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Snow Palace Restaurant

5403 Crowchild Trail NW #1b, Calgary, AB T3A 2G8

This is the XO Fried Beef Kway Teow. It is on their Dim Sum Menu 2nd page #37

20210720_121545.jpg

Texture and taste of the Kway Teow is correct! Just need to add some sliced Lup Cheong and See Hum will be perfect!

Last edited:

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Snow Palace Restaurant

5403 Crowchild Trail NW #1b, Calgary, AB T3A 2G8

This is the XO Fried Beef Kway Teow. It is on their Dim Sum Menu 2nd page #37

Texture and taste of the Kway Teow is correct! Just need to add some sliced Lup Cheong and See Hum will be perfect!
Beef Kway Teow and our Spore CKT is very different.. You must have forgotten the taste..

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Beef Kway Teow and our Spore CKT is very different.. You must have forgotten the taste..
Actually I remember. Cos when I went back to eat in 2015 (I ate the one at Wisma Atria) it is same taste lah.

My friends said wah lau why you go Wisma Food Court? Tell me go dunno where and where must line up long long one then good.

I told them fuck lah I dont line up for food I have to pay for one ok?

@bart12 next time you come Calgary I bring you go try this guy XO friend kway teow with beef. See what you think. Maybe I request he add some sliced lup cheong.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe that the beef fried hor fun, is not the same as the char kway teow in Singapore (which includes kway teow, sausage, clams, eggs, and lard).
Although "CKT" is not considered healthy, i have not had it for so long.
Unable to recall whether I had it the last time I was in Singapore.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I believe that the beef fried hor fun, is not the same as the char kway teow in Singapore (which includes kway teow, sausage, clams, eggs, and lard).
Although "CKT" is not considered healthy, i have not had it for so long.
Unable to recall whether I had it the last time I was in Singapore.
Similar lah.

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I remember. Cos when I went back to eat in 2015 (I ate the one at Wisma Atria) it is same taste lah.

My friends said wah lau why you go Wisma Food Court? Tell me go dunno where and where must line up long long one then good.

I told them fuck lah I dont line up for food I have to pay for one ok?

@bart12 next time you come Calgary I bring you go try this guy XO friend kway teow with beef. See what you think. Maybe I request he add some sliced lup cheong.
I mean Spore CKT is cooked with caramelized thick dark soy sauce which is mainly used in Indo, Malaysia and Spore... where as the beef kway teoh is like Cantonese dish using a different sauce. Spore CKT also taste more moist and oily.. Check with Froggy, he is an expert in cooking

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I mean Spore CKT is cooked with caramelized thick dark soy sauce which is mainly used in Indo, Malaysia and Spore... where as the beef kway teoh is like Cantonese dish using a different sauce. Spore CKT also taste more moist and oily.. Check with Froggy, he is an expert in cooking
You are probably right. LOL!

I dunno. But when I ate the CKT at Wisma Atria Food court. I googled I think it was the Thye Hong one? They also do Hokkien Mee? Serve on the banana leaf?

Was no big deal to me leh....

We did notice that our taste buds also changed liao.

Not so keen on very spicy food. And find the food in SG too salty.
thye hong.jpg

Thye Hong Hokkien Mee​

Founder Mr Lau Thye Hong started his family business in 1970, specializing in local delights Fried Prawn Noodles, Char Kway Teow and Fried Oyster omelette. What he has been doing differently from the rest is he serves his fare on Opei leaves, strongly believing that the leaves have a unique ability to bring out the full flavour of the fried dishes. Opei leaves are from the bark of Palm Trees, specially imported from Malaysia and Indonesia.

“It’s best to wrap the food 15 minutes before savouring “shared Mr Lau himself and he must be right as an average of 500 portions of his signature dishes are sold every day!

What’s more, last year, Mr Lau was hand picked by the Singapore Tourism Board to showcase his Char Kway Teow as one of our nation’s most celebrated local specialities at the Culinary Institute of America in California!

Signature Dishes: Fried Prawn Noodles, Char Kway Teow and Fried Oyster Omelette

Outlets: Food Republic @ Nex | Food Republic @ 313@Somerset | Food Opera @ ION Orchard | Food Republic @ VivoCity

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
IMG-20210724-WA0002.jpg

Car parked on driveway got scratched. 11 cars on our street kena.

Life in Canada.

While cars are cheap dont buy nice cars.

Our car is old and we dont bother with it anymore so it is ok.

Neighbors son really takes care of his golf GTi so he very heart pain.

Lots of prowlers in the night.

Last edited:

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 117251

Car parked on driveway got scratched. 11 cars on our street kena.

Life in Canada.

While cars are cheap dont buy nice cars.

Our car is old and we dont bother with it anymore so it is ok.

Neighbors son really takes care of his golf GTi so he very heart pain.

Lots of prowlers in the night.
Ask the Government to treat them like Michael Fay and you won't see any scratches any more.