• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hock lam beef kaput at hand of dotter

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hock Lam Street Beef Kway Teow is shuttering its business for good, announced its fourth-generation owner Tina Tan on Thursday (May 2).

The last outlet at Alexandra Retail Centre will cease operations on Jul 11, said Tan in a Facebook post.

Tan, 44, wrote that since taking over from her father 15 years ago, she has grown the business from a stall located behind the old Capitol Building and old Funan Centre to six restaurant-size outlets.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
The decision to close was due to manpower issues, Tan said.

“I may be labelled as stubborn because of my insistence on using only handmade and hand sliced methods to handle all my beef and side dishes, therefore, the labor intensive problems hit us the most when the government keeps revising the policy on hiring foreigners," she wrote.

“Besides beef balls, which is not done in-house, every single ingredients right down to my preserved garnishes are being seasoned and hand sliced by us. Over the past decades, I was told by countless local interviewees these chores seem too menial, low class, low level or blue collar chores should not be done by locals."

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yin and yang conflict. name of biz is too masculine for a female owner. if she changes it from fuck lam par to fuck chee bye it will survive for at least another 6.9 years.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think it's asinine that location names be used as a part of the branding for food, even when it is sold at another location.

Case in point: 'Hong Lim' at Bedok.

Hock-Hua-Curry-Chicken-Noodles-3710.jpg

There are many more examples.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tan, 44, wrote that since taking over from her father 15 years ago, she has grown the business from a stall located behind the old Capitol Building and old Funan Centre to six restaurant-size outlets
KNN she should just revert to a stall KNN

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think it's asinine that location names be used as a part of the branding for food, even when it is sold at another location.

Case in point: 'Hong Lim' at Bedok.

Hock-Hua-Curry-Chicken-Noodles-3710.jpg

There are many more examples.

agreed. many laksa stalls claim to have roots from Katong or Marine Parade.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
agreed. many laksa stalls claim to have roots from Katong or Marine Parade.
Regarding laksa non too shameful as the fake so called original trishaw Sungei Road laksa.

Original only one Sungei Road laksa and that one is original even earlier than Katong laksa

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shameless bitch CMi blamed similes don’t want her job.

So many other noddle Brands are booming from Ramem to Laska and Teochew fishball.

You think making ingredients for those dishes any easier?

Good riddance!