• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

History will repeat itself: "Tobacco free Singapore" project

Mikeferdy

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Solution - Towards Tobacco-Free Singapore

http://www.tobaccofreesingapore.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/tobacco-control-article.pdf

The gist of it is by 2018, they are going to try and make cigarette illegal for generation born after 2000.

I can get their good intent coz smoking is a bad habit and could cause many health problems.

But prohibition is an awful strategy and will end in utter failure.

[video=youtube;szntim2j9Rg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szntim2j9Rg[/video]

In 1920's America tried to make alcohol illegal through prohibition. It didn't end well. It started with good intention to prevent alcoholism and alcohol related crimes. But instead make anyone who drank alcohol a criminal and promoted the "speak easy" bars where organized crime groups controlled the alcohol trade.

If by 2018, Singapore attempt this cigarette prohibition, it will not end well. History is going to repeat itself.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
New Zealand going to try this before us. Gahmen will monitor their progress and any issues they may face.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just increase the price of cigi $2/month until $20/pack. See what happen.
Also bare all cigi from coming to SG by taxing then every stick $1. In all custom causeway/2nd link/Changi airport/cruise center/...........

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I smoke and I have no problem with a total ban.

But just be patient as I will probably be a murderous mood while I cold turkey.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
another excuse for the goverment to increase the cigarette price :wink: they are still using old tactics after all these years .

Mikeferdy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just increase the price of cigi $2/month until $20/pack. See what happen.
Also bare all cigi from coming to SG by taxing then every stick $1. In all custom causeway/2nd link/Changi airport/cruise center/...........

What going to happen? Smuggling of contraband cigarettes will increase, more organized crime groups will form, corruption within the civil servants will form (after all some civil servants are smokers), "boot leggers" will attempt to sell cigarettes to anyone including children, gang violence will erupt on who will control the tobacco sale in the area...

All because of Alcohol/Cannabis/Tobacco prohibition....