• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

History of Ammo Storage in Singapore

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My question was why did they not build the ammo dump on Pulau Tekong or Pulau Ubin? That way, they don't have to spend all that money hiring international experts and doing all that testing and designing a high tech ammo dump. Any explosion on those islands will not effect that much civilian population. All SAF camps and bases have a small ammo dump for the standby units and for training purposes. That's enough for the ready units to be fully loaded. The rest of the ammo can be brought over from the islands.

they probably planned for a war scenario in Singapore, not just for the standby and training purposes lah.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the old days, the main ammo dumps were located at:

Alexandra
Rifle Range Road
Seletar Camp
Sembawang with it's own harbor

These camps had deep bunkers dedicated to storing explosives & ammo, and not the small amounts stored for standby use with active units. Back then I heard that Spore only had enough ammo stored for 3 days of hostilities? With the congestion in Spore I doubt there is enough storage space in Spore for storing more for a prolonged war.

Many of them were set up by the British. I'm sure that some of them are now gone like the one at the Seletar camp which has become repurposed for civilian use, & probably the one at Alexandra, ...

In any war you need lots of ammo & for a small country like Spore which has plans for a population of 10 million, it's just not practical.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My question was why did they not build the ammo dump on Pulau Tekong or Pulau Ubin? That way, they don't have to spend all that money hiring international experts and doing all that testing and designing a high tech ammo dump. Any explosion on those islands will not effect that much civilian population. All SAF camps and bases have a small ammo dump for the standby units and for training purposes. That's enough for the ready units to be fully loaded. The rest of the ammo can be brought over from the islands.

when the enemy bombs are a fallin and the ammo dump under bukit timah and istana a exploding,the SAF can play this music to accompany it.i will even bring my trumpet.

[video=youtube;u2W1Wi2U9sQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2W1Wi2U9sQ[/video]

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the old days, the main ammo dumps were located at:

Alexandra
Rifle Range Road
Seletar Camp
Sembawang with it's own harbor

These camps had deep bunkers dedicated to storing explosives & ammo, and not the small amounts stored for standby use with active units. Back then I heard that Spore only had enough ammo stored for 3 days of hostilities? With the congestion in Spore I doubt there is enough storage space in Spore for storing more for a prolonged war.

Many of them were set up by the British. I'm sure that some of them are now gone like the one at the Seletar camp which has become repurposed for civilian use, & probably the one at Alexandra, ...

In any war you need lots of ammo & for a small country like Spore which has plans for a population of 10 million, it's just not practical.

why do u need lots of ammo just because the population is 10 million?not like the land mass has changed or anything.unless u are planning to fight a zombie horde.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read somewhere that US soldiers were falling like pins in firefights during the initial transition from M14s to M16s. Many of the fallen were found with their cleaning kits out. Investigations found that the bullet chambers were clogged with carbon. The situation was rectified initially by procuring rounds from CIS and later chroming the chambers. Back to the point. Once during reservist training, a cock up resulted in an over drawing of 400 rounds per man above the standard 90. We ended up shooting it all into the Poyan Reservoir. Yup! That's reloading 80 times and cocking it 400 times.......Above the standard 90!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I read somewhere that US soldiers were falling like pins in firefights during the initial transition from M14s to M16s. Many of the fallen were found with their cleaning kits out. Investigations found that the bullet chambers were clogged with carbon. The situation was rectified initially by procuring rounds from CIS and later chroming the chambers. Back to the point. Once during reservist training, a cock up resulted in an over drawing of 400 rounds per man above the standard 90. We ended up shooting it all into the Poyan Reservoir. Yup! That's reloading 80 times and cocking it 400 times.......Above the standard 90!

u mean the barrels and the gas tube didnt melt by then?and good luck cleaning the rifles after 400 rounds.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
u mean the barrels and the gas tube didnt melt by then?and good luck cleaning the rifles after 400 rounds.

The rounds we used cost $1.50 each. Yours cost 7 cents circa early 80s. You want to know about barrels that melt you have to check it out with albino cunts.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The rounds we used cost $1.50 each. Yours cost 7 cents circa early 80s. You want to know about barrels that melt you have to check it out with albino cunts.

im y gen actually,ord less than 10 years ago.....$1.50 a round sounds like a huge ripoff,basing on the prices i see on american ammo websites.....bullets come in bulk around 20 cents to 30 cents each.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why do u need lots of ammo just because the population is 10 million?not like the land mass has changed or anything.unless u are planning to fight a zombie horde.

Kiasu mentaly of the PAP. They don't care about the "lesser mortals" as long as they get their million dollar salaries.

It was rumoured that NS was started by LKY because he was afraid that the Malaysians would come to Spore to imprison him. Now NS has become a lucrative cash cow for the elites, that they don't want to let go all that $$$$.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
im y gen actually,ord less than 10 years ago.....$1.50 a round sounds like a huge ripoff,basing on the prices i see on american ammo websites.....bullets come in bulk around 20 cents to 30 cents each.

Now that you mentioned it.....Jesus Christ! The family business started in the 80's!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Here in lies the big secret in MINDEF. CIS and later ST Kinetics can always count on huge profits when they sell to the SAF. The SAF is not allowed to go to open market to buy their ammo. So, a 5.56mm round that cost 50 cents on the world market (true cost), can be charged by ST Kinetics at a cost of $1.50 to the SAF. They have to lan lan buy it at that price. No choice. That is why they justified Whore Jinx getting the CEO job at Temasek because they said she has proven record of running profitable company, CIS at that time. That is just bullshit, why else do you think the defence budget is $14 billion per year?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Well, when you have ten million people demonstrating against u in the streets, u need lots of ammo to shoot them.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There a small dump at the old tekong camp 3. 5.56 and 7.62 live ammo plus training live grenades.

The small dump outside 46 still there 7 years ago, now no idea. I was referring to the dump inside gedong behind the 46 cookhouse where the SM1 and M113 can roll into the dump compound to load the shell from the elevated dump directly into the SM1. The road leading to the dump was near the brigade HQ and come out next to the simulation centre. That the most eerie part of the route for the prowler. Now the reservist brigade HQ sit on the dump location.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
E

Am I missing something? Why need to cock aka pull charging handle 400 times? U using enfield 303 or CIS AR15? Why SOP only 90 rounds? Combat load not 6 mag 180 rounds?

Shoot 1 or 400 rounds not much different. Still must clean no matter what. Certain parts of the weapons can dismantle and wash with soap with a soft sponge. Dry the parts with a old clean SAF towel and lightly oil. Much better than clean with SAF issue cleaning kit.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
steyr1.jpg