• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

High risk of severe transboundary haze in 2023, SOS recommends stockpile some N95 for Adults and KF-94 for Kids (below 12)

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
High risk of severe transboundary haze in 2023
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...vised-be-prepared-singapore-institute-3579081

SOS recommends each adult keep about twenty N95 which offers better protection against haze than 3ply surgical masks for haze. I also recommend MOE to distribute KF-94 masks (not KN-95 and N95 is too tight) for children below 13, everyday when haze is here.

Each N95 should cost less than $1.60 now. In normal use, each N95 can be used for 1-2 days, having 20 masks per pax, can give every one a month to react (buy more locally or overseas) when PSI goes haywire.

During the great smog of London in 1952, many died despite wearing surgicial or cloth masks because, no N95 or N99 masks. Wearing masks back then was really like for show. We will continue be threatened by haze from Indonesia and Malaysia and please bear in mind that only N95 and N99 will protect you.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah yes, I remember the last haze back in 2019. It was during Sep/Oct, the PAP/PA grassroots still organized an outdoors Mid-Autumn Festival event. :wink:

No worries, even if there is a burnt smell, even if there is poor visibility, even if your eyes are irritated, you can trust the 'healthy to moderate' air quality reported by the PSI. :biggrin:

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...vised-be-prepared-singapore-institute-3579081

SOS recommends each adult keep about twenty N95 which offers better protection against haze than 3ply surgical masks for haze. I also recommend MOE to distribute KF-94 masks (not KN-95 and N95 is too tight) for children below 13, everyday when haze is here.

Each N95 should cost less than $1.60 now. In normal use, each N95 can be used for 1-2 days, having 20 masks per pax, can give every one a month to react (buy more locally or overseas) when PSI goes haywire.

During the great smog of London in 1952, many died despite wearing surgicial or cloth masks because, no N95 or N99 masks. Wearing masks back then was really like for show. We will continue be threatened by haze from Indonesia and Malaysia and please bear in mind that only N95 and N99 will protect you.
Money making opportunity again... Heng ong huat la to Lazada sellers

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A lot of fake china N95s which hazardous coatings on the masks. Don't trust their MSDS.

Tiongs are experts when it comes to counterfeiting items then selling them at 'genuine' prices.

Beware those 'resellers' on Lazada, Shopee and other online stores too. :cool:

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tiongs are experts when it comes to counterfeiting items then selling them at 'genuine' prices.

Beware those 'resellers' on Lazada, Shopee and other online stores too. :cool:
The worst are micro-sd cards. Try getting the cheapest one on these platform, they can artificially boost the memory-size using softwares

oliverlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ministers cutting down too many trees to make way for their super crass bourgeois lifestyle, creating more cb holes in the ozone. Anyone holding them accountable? What happened to the felled trees I wonder?

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal

i read 2 paragraph and i stop reading it.

SINGAPORE: There is a high likelihood of severe haze occurring in Southeast Asia this year, a Singapore think-tank reported, although the situation is unlikely to be as severe as in 2015, when the pollutant standards index (PSI) here reached hazardous levels.

This is based on experts' predictions that there will be a severe dry spell hitting the region due to the El Nino weather phenomenon that brings with it hotter and drier conditions.

so much for "EXPERTS", "Predictions" and last but not least "Think-Tank"