• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Herrera denies match-fixing claims

Muslera

Alfrescian
Loyal

Herrera denies match-fixing claims

730162_heroa.jpg

By Alec Fenn
Dec 16, 2014 14:37:00

An investigation in Spain claims Real Zaragoza players and staff paid Levante €965,000 to lose their clash on the final day of the 2010/11 season, saving them from relegation

Manchester United star Ander Herrera has pleaded his innocence after he was one of 41 figures quizzed as part of a match-fixing investigation in Spain.

The midfielder, nine of his former Real Zaragoza team-mates and the club's ex-coach Javier Aguirre stand accused of paying Levante players €965,000 before the last game of the 2010/11 La Liga season.

Herrera, who played for the club between the age of 12 and 22 has fiercely denied the claims on his official Facebook account and promised to help assist the case by any means possible.

He said: "There are 41 people mentioned, of which I am one. I have never had and will never have anything to do with manipulating match results.

"If I am ever called to testify in any judicial hearing, I’ll be happy to attend, as my conscience is totally clear.
I love football and I believe in fair play, both on and off the pitch."

Zaragoza beat Levante 2-1 on the final day of the campaign to save themselves from relegation, with Gabi, now captain of Atletico Madrid, scoring the two decisive goals.