• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hero bus driver of Sweden but in PRC he will be big trouble

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In China, he will be sue by gal family, accuse him of some crime and be throw into prison. Only can get out after paying off judges and policemen. 'If he has no guilty conscience, why did he stop' as proof in china. He better not go to china for tour.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A driver who stopped his bus to comfort a young girl crying in the street is being hailed in Sweden, after a photo of his act went viral on the internet.

Andre Grandin interrupted the bus journey between Vara and Lidkoping in southern Sweden when he saw 10-year-old Emilia Behrendtz crying at the side of the road, the Expressen newspaper reports. After comforting the girl, witnesses say he climbed back on to the bus "without a word" and drove on. It later transpired that the girl had been upset by some other children.

"It came from nowhere," says passenger Emma Gustafsson of the moment when the bus stopped. "We didn't know what was going on. But then we saw that he walked up to a crying girl sitting on the road. It was really cute." Gustafsson took a photo of the incident, which she shared on Twitter. After four days it had been retweeted 4,600 times and marked as a "favourite" by 7,300 people, with a further 50,000 interactions on Facebook.

After he was tracked down by the Swedish press, the bus driver told Expressen it's in his nature to help when he sees someone crying or in pain. He was reunited with Emilia for a photo opportunity, and Grandin says strangers have sent flowers to his home. But he doesn't think his actions were anything out of the ordinary.

_74981844_swe.jpg

_74981846_swe2.jpg

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't think he shut the bus doors to prevent the young couple from leaving and got a bloody punch from the boy for unlawful confinement. Only the dumb father of the boy kneeled down to beg for mercy......because the father is a kiasu, kiasi, kia taichi idiot who does not know his own rights.....similar to so many clowns in Singapore........even the police does not know the laws they're supposed to be hired to maintain......damned fucked man......*shake head*

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Typical social media bullshit trying to portray basic human niceness as something extraordinary. The driver saw a girl crying and alone....he stopped to check what was wrong as it was a deserted road. She could have been robbed, assaulted sexually and might need help.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once as a schoolboy riding the bus along East Coast Road, the bus driver stopped the vehicle, not at a bus stop, but alongside some shops, and alighted. We were wondering what was going on and noticed him walking into a coffee/food shop. A minute or two later, he appeared again and came onto the bus. That's when we realiized he went to buy a few packets of chicken rice! No one in the bus objected. People were quite understanding and had patience. I don't think we'll see this happen today.

Cheers!

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
SGP bus drivers only stop and come down when they want to go toilet. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once as a schoolboy riding the bus along East Coast Road, the bus driver stopped the vehicle, not at a bus stop, but alongside some shops, and alighted. We were wondering what was going on and noticed him walking into a coffee/food shop. A minute or two later, he appeared again and came onto the bus. That's when we realiized he went to buy a few packets of chicken rice! No one in the bus objected. People were quite understanding and had patience. I don't think we'll see this happen today.

Cheers!

You will see ppl taking pictures of him and everyone bitching to the skies and of course sbs will sent forth a scripted letter if that occured today.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
seldom take bus, but I remember I saw a notice that state " Our Bus Captain Deserve to work in a safe environment"
Why like that It's bus captain always been beaten up by ah nehs, pinoys or PRCs. singaporean is very kiasi one!

He is just a bus driver. Not a bus captain.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
These days are so much different from my school days during the seventies. People nowadays seem concerned only about themselves, their schedule, their objectives. Anything that comes in their way will be brushed aside. Always in a hurry. I think people were more selfless then. Well, also back then, there were no cell phones nor phones with cameras. And complaints took place at the coffee shop level.

Cheers!

You will see ppl taking pictures of him and everyone bitching to the skies and of course sbs will sent forth a scripted letter if that occured today.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cheers!

Common in the west. Witnessed many stopping to buy donuts and coffee.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
seldom take bus, but I remember I saw a notice that state " Our Bus Captain Deserve to work in a safe environment"
Why like that It's bus captain always been beaten up by ah nehs, pinoys or PRCs. singaporean is very kiasi one!

FTs not afraid of captains. Time to upgrade bus captains to bus colonel. Maybe will deter.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These days are so much different from my school days during the seventies. People nowadays seem concerned only about themselves, their schedule, their objectives. Anything that comes in their way will be brushed aside. Always in a hurry. I think people were more selfless then. Well, also back then, there were no cell phones nor phones with cameras. And complaints took place at the coffee shop level.

Cheers!

Those days not so hectic. More importantly, not so crowded with foreigners.

Royalblood

Alfrescian
Loyal
In other SEA countries such as Thailand and Indonesia, as well as China, it is common for bus driver to stop as and when they like to pick up more passengers or to run their own errands.

Don't think this kind of behaviour is acceptable in sg as well as in the west as I always see the angmos kpkb when the bus driver makes unscheduled stops.