• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hepatitis C Outbreak - Schoolboy error??

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was very little discussions on the net how badly the initial investigation was undertaken and how Singapore General Hospital Staff dismissed possible internal lapses and even proceeded to notify the Police with suggestions of sabotage. Even had temerity to call foreign experts as though it was highly sophisticated in nature.

Look at the report by the independent review. People are dying and SGH decided not to even notify MOH until it was too late.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...oints-to-lapses-at-singapore-general-hospital

So far no one has been nailed to the post for
1) lapses in basic control procedures
2) for schoolboy manner of conducting investigations into multiple deaths and rapidly rising levels of infection.
3) failing to notify MOH
4) doing sweet fuckall in conducting diagnostic testing

But when it comes to AHTC, the whole parliament, every government ministers and even 2 bit players like Victor Lye got a lot of time ranging over months. Maybe Viv B who asked WP to come clean might want to come clean on this as he was once the CEO of SGH.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is puzzling why so many doctors kept silent on this matter. I recall PT speaking up. More Tambyahs needed to check MOH. Maybe Wei Ling was right. She commented to some of her closer friends that Gan KY isn't the man for this job.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gan Kim Yong first came to know of this on 18th Sept, 5 full months after SGH realised that they had a full blown disaster on their hands. What is more important than this and why 5 months. Real mystery.

Here is the report in full of those who are interested - https://www.moh.gov.sg/content/dam/moh_web/PressRoom/Current_Issues/2015/IRCReport.pdf

Interestingly PT who is the head for this area in NUH was not made part of the review team but someone from Changi Hospital.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is very good at ducking disasters but disasters find him anyway. Coincidence? I think not. Probably a character flaw, i dislike delivering bad news too. Same problem with him helming manpower. Does he think he has the situation under control?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gan Kim Yong first came to know of this on 18th Sept, 5 full months after SGH realised that they had a full blown disaster on their hands. What is more important than this and why 5 months. Real mystery.

Here is the report in full of those who are interested - https://www.moh.gov.sg/content/dam/moh_web/PressRoom/Current_Issues/2015/IRCReport.pdf

Interestingly PT who is the head for this area in NUH was not made part of the review team but someone from Changi Hospital.

From my experience in the SPF, it is not possible that GKY was not aware of this incident. Major incidents and cases of interest in the SPF require Incident Reports to be put up and these reports are meant for Minister, MOS, Par Sec, PS, Dy Sec etc. I doubt if MOH operates differently. Even if it does, as Minister, he would have heard his ministry staff talking about this.

GKY first came to know of this only on 18 Sept. I can't help but notice that GE 2015 was held a week or two before his discovery. Even if want to hide such things, there are more sophisticated ways to go about doing so. Any announcement of the outbreak, prior to GE 2015, must have been assessed as detrimental to the PAP. On hindsight, I am sure they would have been honest if they knew that 70% stood behind them.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see your point. I was actually surprised. Even PS did not know about until 4 months later. In late May, the National Organ Transplant told them to escalate up the chain. NOTU notified in April on the basis that the patient came in with the infection.

From my experience in the SPF, it is not possible that GKY was not aware of this incident. Major incidents and cases of interest in the SPF require Incident Reports to be put up and these reports are meant for Minister, MOS, Par Sec, PS, Dy Sec etc. I doubt if MOH operates differently. Even if it does, as Minister, he would have heard his ministry staff talking about this.

GKY first came to know of this only on 18 Sept. I can't help but notice that GE 2015 was held a week or two before his discovery. Even if want to hide such things, there are more sophisticated ways to go about doing so. Any announcement of the outbreak, prior to GE 2015, must have been assessed as detrimental to the PAP. On hindsight, I am sure they would have been honest if they knew that 70% stood behind them.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Offtopic....loving the discourse...sbf in full flow....a glimpse of its true potential.

Lurking albino faggots and pastafarians please note....substance isnt abt one liners, emojis, petty bs and pomes.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I see your point. I was actually surprised. Even PS did not know about until 4 months later. In late May, the National Organ Transplant told them to escalate up the chain. NOTU notified in April on the basis that the patient came in with the infection.

Amy Khor, Lam Pin Min, Chee Hong Tat, PS Tan Ching Yee and DMS Benjamin Ong and two other DS all in the dark? Can't be. These chaps would be having lunches, dinners, tea sessions, SMSes etc and none even aware of what's up at SGH? SGH docs don't have OSA to frighten them. Am sure along the journey before announcement, at least one would be au fait with this. GE 2015 was more important.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't have to be polite to this nigger. Wait.... will he accuse me of being your clone? Anyway after today u won't be seeing me for a long time. Take care.

Anyone not on the side of his dynamic trio is scroobal's clone. Why leave this forum? Free come in and tcss.