• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HENRY FOO IN ST FORUM: Polyclinic charges me more for seeing the Nurse than Doctor!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: HENRY FOO IN ST FORUM: Polyclinic charges me more for seeing the Nurse than Docto

This gahmen is out to con $$$ always......... last week I went for a fasting blood test kenna pay $28.00 for the test....... after taking my blood the nurse say come back later to see the "consultant" medical officer.

The "consultant" turned out to be an auntie staff nurse who just read the results of the blood test which I can do on my own :( and I was charged another $38.00 for the consultation fee :( :( :(

When I had mine done at a hospital lab it cost me about $160. Didn't even get the result which were sent to my cardiologist :eek:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: HENRY FOO IN ST FORUM: Polyclinic charges me more for seeing the Nurse than Docto

And now the official reply:wink:

Polyclinic fee

'We regret that there was a lapse in our communication.'

DR TAN NGIAP CHUAN, Director, SingHealth Polyclinics, Pasir Ris: 'I refer to Thursday's letter, 'Bill surprise', by Mr Henry Foo. Mr Foo was enrolled in the nurse clinician service (NCS), a complementary service to our general clinic services. Patients with stable chronic conditions are seen by nurse clinicians while still under the overall care of doctors. During the consultation, nurse clinicians review patients' chronic conditions, laboratory results and provide lifestyle counselling to encourage patients to achieve their recommended health targets. Overall, patients appreciate the shorter wait, the longer interaction time and care provided by our nurse clinicians. The fee for this service is $6 as compared to our doctors' consultation fees of $9 and $4.60 for adults and the elderly respectively. We regret that there was a lapse in our communication and have since tightened our process to make sure that new patients like Mr Foo are duly informed of the charge for the NCS before they are enrolled.'

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal

And now the official reply:wink:

Polyclinic fee

'We regret that there was a lapse in our communication.'

'

AIyah write so much for what. Juz say "Yeah we charge you $4.50 to see a doctor and $6 to see a nurse."