• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hen admit MIW has no discipline in annual wayang parade since pinkie took over

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cost of NDP has gone up more than 700% since 2002 and after Lee junior became Prime Minister

By
Jewel Stolarchuk
-August 11, 2018
http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?...2-and-after-lee-junior-became-prime-minister/

The cost of organising the annual National Day Parade which was in the 5 – 6 million range in the early 2000s, ballooned to almost 8 times more after 2004. The cost doubled in 2005, and steadily increased in the subsequent years before touching the $40 million range since 2015.

2018-08-12_12-05-14.jpg

Members of the Workers’ Party questioned the Minister of Defence about the rising costs of National Day Parades on two occasions. Sylvia Lim in particular asked in 2016 if the Government expects to pay similar amounts for future years.

The Defence Minister, Ng Eng Hen, replied her and acknowledged that the costs of organising the National Day Parades are high.
“I think that they (NDP Executive Committee) have resigned themselves to the fact that comparisons will be inevitable,” he said.

Adding: “However, I believe that ultimately the NDP is a show with Singaporeans, for Singaporeans, and by Singaporeans. The committee will do their best to live up to expectations, but I ask that Singaporeans support the EXCO so that they can put up a really good NDP this year for all of us to celebrate together.”
Singapore celebrated its first National Day as an independent nation in 1966, one year after Singapore’s separation from Malaysia on 9 August 1965. So, what happened in the period before the costs of organising the National Day Parade increased by 700 per cent since the previous years?

http://theindependent.sg/cost-of-nd...2-and-after-lee-junior-became-prime-minister/

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cost of NDP has gone up more than 700% since 2002 and after Lee junior became Prime Minister

By
Jewel Stolarchuk
-August 11, 2018

The cost of organising the annual National Day Parade which was in the 5 – 6 million range in the early 2000s, ballooned to almost 8 times more after 2004. The cost doubled in 2005, and steadily increased in the subsequent years before touching the $40 million range since 2015.

View attachment 46094

Members of the Workers’ Party questioned the Minister of Defence about the rising costs of National Day Parades on two occasions. Sylvia Lim in particular asked in 2016 if the Government expects to pay similar amounts for future years.

The Defence Minister, Ng Eng Hen, replied her and acknowledged that the costs of organising the National Day Parades are high.
“I think that they (NDP Executive Committee) have resigned themselves to the fact that comparisons will be inevitable,” he said.

Adding: “However, I believe that ultimately the NDP is a show with Singaporeans, for Singaporeans, and by Singaporeans. The committee will do their best to live up to expectations, but I ask that Singaporeans support the EXCO so that they can put up a really good NDP this year for all of us to celebrate together.”
Singapore celebrated its first National Day as an independent nation in 1966, one year after Singapore’s separation from Malaysia on 9 August 1965. So, what happened in the period before the costs of organising the National Day Parade increased by 700 per cent since the previous years?

http://theindependent.sg/cost-of-nd...2-and-after-lee-junior-became-prime-minister/

Ok wat. We can afford it. Every year under the leedership of Loong, we are getting richer! What is wrong with spending a bit more money on ourselves? :confused:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN when all these money are spent means many johntans huats KNN no wonder sg got so many johntans KNN so important now is how to be those johntans KNN

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Go do a detailed check on where the money goes to and you might find out all the PAP related owned companies collect them.

Last edited:

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore Government must be prudent going forward: Ng Eng Hen
Published
Sep 15, 2013, 8:14 am SGT

The Government must exercise prudence even as it pledges to take better care of Singaporeans in terms of providing housing, education and health care, said Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen.

This will help Singapore avoid ending up like some countries in Europe, which now "have huge debts and problems", he said.

Dr Ng was reassuring those who have questioned how the country is going to foot the bills for policy changes announced by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong in his National Day Rally speech last month.

"I believe that the way to go is to make sure that the economy is doing well and there are jobs," said Dr Ng, who was speaking at the Toa Payoh Central Mid-Autumn Festival at Toa Payoh Town Park last night.

As long as people have jobs, they would be able to use their Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions to pay for their homes, education and health care, and the Government can balance its budget, he added.

Dr Ng, who is also MP for Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC, also emphasised the need for Singapore to continue growing its economy.

"It may not grow as fast as before, 8 per cent, 6 per cent, but we cannot slow down so much that we chase businesses away," he said.
"If we do that, jobs will be lost and there will be higher unemployment rate and it will be a problem."

In PM Lee's rally speech, which envisions a "new way forward", he announced strategic shifts in social policy.

Low- and middle-income households, for instance, will qualify for grants for Housing Board flats.

All Singaporeans will also be covered under the new MediShield Life national insurance scheme, with no age limit or exclusions.

The Government is also intending to build more pre-schools and hire more teachers.

While ensuring sound finances, however, graciousness is also key to a better Singapore, said Dr Ng.

He praised community initiatives such as Toa Payoh Central's inaugural Vertical Challenge, a vertical marathon held in February this year, which raised $154,000 for the Youth Enrichment Fund.

The funds will benefit children from lower- and middle-income families attending enrichment courses provided by Toa Payoh Central Community Club.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore Government must be prudent going forward: Ng Eng Hen
Published
Sep 15, 2013, 8:14 am SGT

The Government must exercise prudence even as it pledges to take better care of Singaporeans in terms of providing housing, education and health care, said Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen.

This will help Singapore avoid ending up like some countries in Europe, which now "have huge debts and problems", he said.

Dr Ng was reassuring those who have questioned how the country is going to foot the bills for policy changes announced by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong in his National Day Rally speech last month.

"I believe that the way to go is to make sure that the economy is doing well and there are jobs," said Dr Ng, who was speaking at the Toa Payoh Central Mid-Autumn Festival at Toa Payoh Town Park last night.

As long as people have jobs, they would be able to use their Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions to pay for their homes, education and health care, and the Government can balance its budget, he added.

Dr Ng, who is also MP for Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC, also emphasised the need for Singapore to continue growing its economy.

"It may not grow as fast as before, 8 per cent, 6 per cent, but we cannot slow down so much that we chase businesses away," he said.
"If we do that, jobs will be lost and there will be higher unemployment rate and it will be a problem."

In PM Lee's rally speech, which envisions a "new way forward", he announced strategic shifts in social policy.

Low- and middle-income households, for instance, will qualify for grants for Housing Board flats.

All Singaporeans will also be covered under the new MediShield Life national insurance scheme, with no age limit or exclusions.

The Government is also intending to build more pre-schools and hire more teachers.

While ensuring sound finances, however, graciousness is also key to a better Singapore, said Dr Ng.

He praised community initiatives such as Toa Payoh Central's inaugural Vertical Challenge, a vertical marathon held in February this year, which raised $154,000 for the Youth Enrichment Fund.

The funds will benefit children from lower- and middle-income families attending enrichment courses provided by Toa Payoh Central Community Club.
KNN Dr Ng need a minister for sinkie losers to come in to separate the losers from winners in order not abuse the grants and prevent losers from overspending KNN there is currently no form of control losers running amok and winners abusing the system KNN wakeup Dr Ng KNN

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I remembered attending the NDP in the early 90s at the old Kallang Stadium- The atmosphere was electric and you can see that everyone genuinely resonanted with each phrase belted out in the National Day songs of the yesteryears.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One of the most expensive expenditure on the parade is the sELECTED president, minus that, you save a few millions....the fuel burned by the planes, the military vehicles...the expensive paper generals, feeding the PA porlumpars...deduct all these & mall...you save about 600%

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think that they (NDP Executive Committee) have resigned themselves to the fact that comparisons will be inevitable,” he said.

chey... this part got me sexcited for a while...

anyway, can we have a breakdown for the costs please? who knows maybe have some gahmen body performers fees... 10 mil inclusive costume handmade from china imported through direct tender

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scrap tis NDP, after all the highest office in the land is least respected by Sinkies. No NDP, tos cronies no chance to make big bucks as suppliers. Shld still insist, just do a march past at city hall and keep the holiday.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What happened to the figures for 2012, 2013 and 2014? Why are they missing?
What about the figure for 2017? One year has elapsed. Unavailability is clear indication of incompetence, complacency and arrogance.

They are working hard, for it takes 52 man years to massage the figures..please stay tune!

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are working hard, for it takes 52 man years to massage the figures..please stay tune!

LOL...I like your phrase 'to MASSAGE the figures'. I am staying tune... just in case Bossy comes forward with some shapely figures.

Food for Thought: for LEEders

52 MAN years = too long to MANipulate... use 52 LADY years = many holes to hide in.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LOL...I like your phrase 'to MASSAGE the figures'. I am staying tune... just in case Bossy comes forward with some shapely figures.

Food for Thought: for LEEders

52 MAN years = too long to MANipulate... use 52 LADY years = many holes to hide in.
and be that as it may, both "man-holes" should stink to high heavens :notworthy:

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
The DAY will come and there can be no hiding.

Food for Thought:
人在做,天在看
The solution for a better solution is out there.
If you really want to change, please think.
The answer is in the Past and the Present = Your future and OUR future.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

By
Jewel Stolarchuk
-August 11, 2018

View attachment 46094

It is not their money, hence they have no notion of being frugal. Just look at the way they spend taxpayers' money during the GEs. They will splurge on themselves whenever they are in the limelight, to make themselves "shine" brighter. Shameless bunch of fuckers.