• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hearing Aids

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know quite a few seniors lurk around here. looking for recommendations for hearing aids.

went to SGH and they are charging $3k for 1 set

anyone can help?

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My mom (86) just got hers but got senior assist from like 3k + pays only half.

The doctors do proper testing your hearing range and what you can’t hear & they tune it then when you wear no sharp hissing sound.

My mom says it’s awesome, small size some more.

If you buy direct from shops no special tunings….

Norty

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm looking for hearing aids for my Mom. The prices are crazy! Can anyone recommend me a brand or a place to check for the devices?

birdie69

Alfrescian
Loyal
My mom (86) just got hers but got senior assist from like 3k + pays only half.

The doctors do proper testing your hearing range and what you can’t hear & they tune it then when you wear no sharp hissing sound.

My mom says it’s awesome, small size some more.

If you buy direct from shops no special tunings….
May you recommend the doctor?

liamricci

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had a real nasty cold a few days prior, went to sleep to recover, and ever since i felt like i only have 30% - 40% of what i could originally hear. Tried yawning and swallowing but that didn't work, so i wonder what kind of treatment is it that i gotta go do. Now i checking different hearing aids options and will probably order myself some in the nearest future. Do i also need hearing aid cleaning kit or is it possible to clean them with some home tools/brushes etc?

Last edited: