• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HDB valuation top up bs.

Sayn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, once again the hand of our gov is visible.

I was struck by the news report in the ST today with regards to selling HDB flats purchased with CPF funds beneath valuation.

If a hdb flat is resold beneath its valuation, the owner would have to top up the difference by paying into the CPF again.

Rationale, to deter cash back schemes, which sounds superbly delusional in my humble opinion.

It is just an attempt to prop up the artifically inflated, prices of the HDB flats, would be the logical conclusion of anyone who gives it any thought.

Enforcement of a "loosely enforced rule in the boom heydays".

Sometimes i wonder if we are living in a computer simulation, which tries to determine how much bull shit, ordinary humans can take...

sayn

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
You obviously do not know what the industry is doing. HDB should have plugged this hole a long time ago. Two tricks:

1. The buyer and seller first agree on a price which in these days will be significantly below valuation. But they declare the price at valuation or slightly below, with th seller giving the money back to the buyer.

2. The buyer and seller first agree on a price which in these days will be significantly below valuation. The price is also lowr than what the seller has to repay to his CPF. The buyer intends to pay part of it in cash de to unavailability of loans (banks will not lend to same level as HDB). But the seller asks for a lower price to be declared, with the balance not declared.

Not uncommon at all.

Well, once again the hand of our gov is visible.

I was struck by the news report in the ST today with regards to selling HDB flats purchased with CPF funds beneath valuation.

If a hdb flat is resold beneath its valuation, the owner would have to top up the difference by paying into the CPF again.

Rationale, to deter cash back schemes, which sounds superbly delusional in my humble opinion.

It is just an attempt to prop up the artifically inflated, prices of the HDB flats, would be the logical conclusion of anyone who gives it any thought.

Enforcement of a "loosely enforced rule in the boom heydays".

Sometimes i wonder if we are living in a computer simulation, which tries to determine how much bull shit, ordinary humans can take...

sayn