• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HDB terrace house sold for $1.02m!

leetahbah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rare HDB terrace house sold for $1.02m

266 sq m corner home with a garden is one of just 285 HDB 'landed' properties

ST_20130629_CYTERRACE28A_3722380e.jpg

HDB's latest record-setter is located on Jalan Ma'mor, at the end of a line of terracotta-and-cream houses that hug the sleepy side road, a quiet enclave on the city fringe. It is three to four times the size of a normal HDB three-room flat. -- ST PHOTO: DESMOND WEE

By Charissa Yong And Daryl Chin

A rare HDB corner terrace house in Whampoa commanded $1.02 million in April, exceeding the previous record-setter, a Bishan Street 13 maisonette, which was sold for $1.01 million in January.

It is the fourth Housing Board resale unit to be sold for $1 million or more, the Singapore Real Estate Exchange (SRX) told The Straits Times.

But property analysts emphasised that such record-breakers are rare exceptions to the norm.

The latest, for example, is one of Singapore's 285 "landed" public homes, located in Whampoa and Queenstown.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wondering what's left of the 99-year government lease on that property. Also, these houses have around 900 sqft built-up floor area. How is that 3-4 times bigger than a 3-room flat? On top of that its right beside the PIE. Doesn't sound that quiet to me.

Stupid buyer, rubbish article.

Last edited:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I visited a relative's home 3 blocks away as a child back in the late 60s. From the back I could see Siong Lim Temple with the yet to be built PIE being just a piece of flat cleared land. Home cost something like $15,000 if I remember correctly.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wondering what's left of the 99-year government lease on that property. Also, these houses have around 900 sqft built-up floor area. How is that 3-4 times bigger than a 3-room flat? On top of that its right beside the PIE. Doesn't sound that quiet to me.

Stupid buyer, rubbish article.
Compare this landed hdb to one of those 500 sqft private condo shoeboxes selling at more than $1 mil, this is a steal. This landed hdb is about 50m from pie, and will be very quiet as it is on ground level.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hougang Coffeeshop Sells for $23.88 million.

682 Hougang Ave 4
Coffee Express 2000

HDB neighborhood coffeeshop. Sinkies are screwed big time by PAP once again.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Hougang Coffeeshop Sells for $23.88 million.

private owner sell to private owner lah...................

anyway, good luck to the guy buying it................he's gonna need lots of it.............

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Could be a noveau riche Tiong buyer.

Some Tiongs have been snapping up coffeeshops in various heartlands.

Tell-tale signs after the renovation include: a new Tiong-ish sounding coffeeshop name, a stall selling non-local Tiong food (e.g. guo tie).

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Compare this landed hdb to one of those 500 sqft private condo shoeboxes selling at more than $1 mil, this is a steal. This landed hdb is about 50m from pie, and will be very quiet as it is on ground level.

How can something so close to the PIE be very quiet? I have yet to see proper noise barriers in SG.

Last edited:

AhGuan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hahahaha ...... pay so high price. How much will be the rental per stall ?

When the interest rates go up, this buyer will be royally screwed big time :biggrin:

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal

even though it's Housing Debt Basket house. any landed property selling at 1 million only is considered cheap already. i thought terrace house are average 3 miliion now?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is effectively a HDB flat regardless of it being 'landed'. Subjected to all the rules and regulations of a HDB flat and that of a 3 room HDB flat no less. Only gong cheebyes will pay 1 million dollars for this thinking this is landed property. What you think greedy pap govt will do when land lease expires? Most you get an enbloc deal to exchange for 3-4 room HDB new flat as compensation.

So desperate to live in landed property? Someone just offered to sell me landed terrace house in geylang for less than quarter of a million.........
What's the catch? Lease expiring soon........in 9 years to be exact.

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is effectively a HDB flat regardless of it being 'landed'. Subjected to all the rules and regulations of a HDB flat and that of a 3 room HDB flat no less. Only gong cheebyes will pay 1 million dollars for this thinking this is landed property. What you think greedy pap govt will do when land lease expires? Most you get an enbloc deal to exchange for 3-4 room HDB new flat as compensation.

So desperate to live in landed property? Someone just offered to sell me landed terrace house in geylang for less than quarter of a million.........
What's the catch? Lease expiring soon........in 9 years to be exact.

but geylang always cheaper one what. 9 years on lease, that about S$2315 per month. not bad, but good luck finding people willing to rent the place in geylang. most likely the person you sublet to will stuff it full of illegal FTs and meimeis, if kena caught you will bleed money.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I visited a relative's home 3 blocks away as a child back in the late 60s. From the back I could see Siong Lim Temple with the yet to be built PIE being just a piece of flat cleared land. Home cost something like $15,000 if I remember correctly.

Wow, from $15k to $1.02m in about 40 years. Huat Ah. I remembered at that time, there was no PIE and Kim Keat Road was directly linked to Toa Payoh with a single lane bridge over that wide Whampoa canal. Used to take the STC bus #30 which will pass by that area.

Last edited: