• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HDB flat 10k asset appreciation to 400k!

lightblue77

Alfrescian
Loyal
<<< The older lady has been staying there since the block was built 40 years ago and she paid $10k for her 3-room flat. Her neighbour opposite moved in a few months back and she paid $400k! After discounting for inflation, that's still great asset appreciation. =)

What's more important is that they are now good neighbours and like the environment very much. One couldn't bear to leave (her child lives in the same block too) and one is willing to pay a premium. >>> Comment quoted by Mr Baey Yam Keng's FB

I'm waiting for the time my flat appreciate to $1m (bought it resale 200k)... I will sell to whichever goodu and move to Aussie for retirement! New Citizens and PR can, so why not me!

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only the old timers can earn so much from their HDB. Latest BTO & DBSS starting price is already very high...

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know, I know _

The real lesson to be learnt is that one should put Sugar On Top of a bread and butter issue !!:smile:

All the Way !!!:biggrin:

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
that's why they vote PAP election after election and put all future generations at risk. Selfish.

loloba

Alfrescian
Loyal
<<< The older lady has been staying there since the block was built 40 years ago and she paid $10k for her 3-room flat. Her neighbour opposite moved in a few months back and she paid $400k! After discounting for inflation, that's still great asset appreciation. =)

If i am the older lady i will take the first choice.
1) To sell the flat and stay with her children and keep the $400K. (Invest in bonds where you can recieve monthly or quarterly dividends) Amount enough to rent for a room from her children/grand children.

2) In some cases the govt would buy over and lease back, 30 years at $85K not inclusive of stamp duty for a studio apartment. At a price fixed by them balance to be returned via monthly instalment though you have passed your retirement age. Many senior citizens are happy about it unaware that they have been conned.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What's more important is that they are now good neighbours and like the environment very much. One couldn't bear to leave (her child lives in the same block too) and one is willing to pay a premium. >>> Comment quoted by Mr Baey Yam Keng's FB

I'm waiting for the time my flat appreciate to $1m (bought it resale 200k)... I will sell to whichever goodu and move to Aussie for retirement! New Citizens and PR can, so why not me!

What Bay Yum Seng is saying that, the old lady, 70, 80 or 90 years old, cash out the flat, time for her to join the old age home. In this way, they get a huge slice of the 400,000 pie, in medicals and other fees.

"yam Seng yam seng"..

The MIW's have no moral values, don't care for the common man anymore, all they care about is generating demand & their goal is making more money, they have & become each & every day, exceedingly greedy.

I bet, he is waiting for the old lady ' last leaf to fall', and they are contradicting what they said recently, your flat is for your abode & not for speculation.

yam seng!, yam seng!...:rolleyes:

lightblue77

Alfrescian
Loyal

If i am the older lady i will take the first choice.
1) To sell the flat and stay with her children and keep the $400K. (Invest in bonds where you can recieve monthly or quarterly dividends) Amount enough to rent for a room from her children/grand children.

2) In some cases the govt would buy over and lease back, 30 years at $85K not inclusive of stamp duty for a studio apartment. At a price fixed by them balance to be returned via monthly instalment though you have passed your retirement age. Many senior citizens are happy about it unaware that they have been conned.

(1.) Can be consider... but what if the kids con away her money.. also may not be convenient to stay in children house.. One way is to sublet the entire house and stay in children house (back door to fall thru) or sublet addtional rooms for mthly income.

(2.) This one not a wise choice, unless you don't have any children...

Last edited: