• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hawkers scammed in govt's relentless drive to go cashless

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Call me old fashion, it's cash and cheque for me. None of this cashless rubbish, wave this wave that. You can wave your money goodbye.

Cashless might be convenient for paying in restaurants, buying things online etc. But for simple hawker food transactions, it is totally unnecessary.

Must be the idea of some porlumpar technocrat who wanted to score points with Lee Hsien Loong's 'Smart Nation' initiative. :wink:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
The simplest way to have cashless system is to allow Ez-link tap and go. If Koi tea can use that, why hawker can’t? Why need to show qr scan and all that nonsense ?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your uncle is right, it is very annoying. Everything damn fuck thing also want to flash, wave. Just pay the cash and fuck off lah! KNN
Seriouslee my uncle now feel very ileelated that everything flash flash KNN safe entry flash buy things flash no wonder now when you get into trouble with chiobu or milf their instance leeponse is to immediatelee flash at you KNN my uncle kana from 1 when he told her hoi siam lah KNN when she blocked the escalator playing handphone and blocking my uncle KNN

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Seriouslee my uncle now feel very ileelated that everything flash flash KNN safe entry flash buy things flash no wonder now when you get into trouble with chiobu or milf their instance leeponse is to immediatelee flash at you KNN my uncle kana from 1 when he told her hoi siam lah KNN when she blocked the escalator playing handphone and blocking my uncle KNN
You mean the chiobu flashed her neh neh or cheesepie at your uncle? So lucky! :biggrin:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I mountain turtle. I have never use the current cashless methods. Nets is the limit I will use. I 99% use cash. If sellers only have cashless device then they not fated to earn my money.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All you're doing with cashless payments is to create an extra layer of middleman services. For example, if there are payment disputes you would call the hotline to complain. You're adding unnecessary complications to your life.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/nets-to-run-unified-e-payment-system-for-hawker-stalls

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/nets-launches-same-day-settlement-of-e-payments-for-hawkers

colin-h2-12.jpg

sl_nets_170119_15.jpg

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The most convenient payment methods in decreasing order:

1. Cash.
No middleman.
No payment failure.
No settlement disputes.
No need to top up e-wallets.
Need to withdraw cash.

2. NETS
No over-spending.
ossible payment failure.
Need to top up NETS card.

3. Credit card
The main way to earn rewards points.
May overspend.

4. Debit card.
Your account may be debited if the debit card falls into the wrong hands.

5. Internet payments
Have to have a computer, laptop or mobile phone
Suitable for big amounts

6. E-payments
Have to ensure there is sufficient balance in e-wallets.
Have to remember login name and password/PIN
Need a mobile phone to make payment