• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hawker centre cleaning – The mysterious quotation

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is scary. these jokers are paid millions but cannot understand that a quotation is not a demand for payment. how can we expect them to run sinkapore.

They so used to DEMAND for PAYMENT...& are so DEMANDING..they could never tell chalk from cheese!

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sad to say, WP AHTC just act blur, see no evil, hear no evil, say no evil. Well, even LTK didn't talk to his own staff Mr Tai or hawkers, do you expect them to talk to their contractor ATL?

Goh Meng Seng

Well, nice attempt at stirring shit. Are you feeling sour that so far you haven't gotten a chance to run a town council?

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Well, nice attempt at stirring shit. Are you feeling sour that so far you haven't gotten a chance to run a town council?

So wtf????

GMS u can go and fuck spider....your goodwill with the people of sinkapore is nil or even in deficit.... Dont believe...try to fucking run in 2016... I guarantee you that you will lose your fucking deposit you fuckhead.....

As for this stupid saga.... Its very smple....

Wtf runs the hawkers association?? Did these idiots ask for a quotation? And why did ATL issue a quotation?

And why the fuck is it AHTC's problem jus because their contractor issued a qutatin...did the contractor check with them firs as to the purpose of that quotatin? And how is it AhTC's problem when their contractor goes and do something slike this?

Mas Selamat escaped this pwabye WkS also bo taichi what....

The fucking aim pap scammers got away with their 2 dollar ruse and MADE OFF WITH MANY THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS AND NOT EVEN A FUCKING QUOTATION LIKE THE PRESENT CIR UMSTANCES AND ALSO NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!?,

Treat apples like appeals....take AIM out for a pblic inquiry!!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
this is scary. these jokers are paid millions but cannot understand that a quotation is not a demand for payment. how can we expect them to run sinkapore.

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. there are still the 60% of dafter sheep who literally believe its masters do work hoh:biggrin:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Simple, Aljunied Town Council has to provide a satisfactory explanation. If AHPETC did not solicit payment for the cleaning of the high area thru ATL, why did it see fit to order 5 days closure for a half day job?

If WP closed the hawker centre for 5 days knowing it was a half day job, then WP must be mad beyond hope.

If you don't believe WP is mad, it becomes a matter of WP's ability and capability in terms of coordination and communication, but that invalidates your point.

If you believe WP is mad, no amount of explanation will serve any purpose.

jixiaolan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I only know this happened for a fact. Not only the hawkers suffered a loss of income, they also need to pay for the rent and salaries. Not to mention the inconvenience to the residents for the closure. If you can't even take care of the people especially the vulnerable ones, at least do not exploit them.

If WP closed the hawker centre for 5 days knowing it was a half day job, then WP must be mad beyond hope.

If you don't believe WP is mad, it becomes a matter of WP's ability and capability in terms of coordination and communication, but that invalidates your point.

If you believe WP is mad, no amount of explanation will serve any purpose.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who is exploiting the people?
That TC issue was already closed/ settled, but Pappy restarted it... at Parliament session.
Wasting lots of tax payers dollars spending their time on this petty issue.

If they really serve people, they should talk much about their own shortcoming, and analyze themselves why Sinkies are supporting oppositions more.

Please do not fix the opponents, but amend or repent your wrong doings.

potato29

Alfrescian
Loyal

the answer at the 29:30 of this video

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NiqBLu8XVkA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So funny got people still want to argue until face green green.
Anyone with normal IQ who bothers to read from various sources can come to simple conclusion and see what's going on....sad to say 60.1% do not even have normal IQ....

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I only know this happened for a fact. Not only the hawkers suffered a loss of income, they also need to pay for the rent and salaries. Not to mention the inconvenience to the residents for the closure. If you can't even take care of the people especially the vulnerable ones, at least do not exploit them.

Who doesn't sympathize with the hawkers? I'm sure many do. That is why they are pissed off with PAP. Ditto for me.

Some others like you are pissed off with WP. Whichever side they are pissed off with, they, you and me have to substantiate as best as possible and stand to have their/our arguments countered.

For me, until the conversation between NEA and the HA comes to light, WP remains the most transparent and was the party that solved the problem in the end. When someone throws a cigarette onto a car, I wouldn't blame the car owner for parking in the wrong place.

Last edited:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha.....i am amaze how pple can be blinded by their love for WP.....
I have seen my share of incompetent employees/managers trying to wriggle their way around...
that the hawker center will be closed for 5 days is known to AHPETC....it is very clearly mentioned in the emails....
any TC employee with half a brain will question why the need to close for 5 days if there is no cleaning of high areas expected...
even more puzzling is the expectation for HA to arrange scaffolds for cleaning of high areas which the TC did not planned for???
totally boh chap attitude of the TC employee to not to clarify beforehand...

it doesn't matter whether it is MIB or MIW TC employees.....the cock-ups are so obvious that it is total incompetence and the bosses must be blind not see this.

Last edited:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha.....i am amaze how pple can be blinded by their love for WP....

If all support for WP must be blind support, that is effectively telling people that it is wrong to support WP. Then say so clearly rather than use Catch22 arguments.

I wonder if you or Goh MS can tell WP supporters which one occurence/instance in the past where it was right and not-blind to support WP.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It could only be either AHTC people ask ATL to send a quotation

If AHTC was planning to skive away from cleaning high areas as you accused the last time (in one of your previous threads/posts) why would they ask ATL to send a quotation to HA for high-area-cleaning scaffolding?

or ATL just sent an unsolicited quotation.

If ATL plans to profiteer, then you have to ask PAP to question the reliability of ATL also, because ATL serves 4 town councils, including Pasir Ris Punggol, East Coast and Tampines town councils.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sad to say, WP AHTC just act blur, see no evil, hear no evil, say no evil. Well, even LTK didn't talk to his own staff Mr Tai or hawkers, do you expect them to talk to their contractor ATL?

Goh Meng Seng

Why did you fail to win a seat in the 2011 Election? Go reflect on that first.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
WP people are living in self denial.

It is apparent that the way WP handled this issue is dishonest and the quotation has actually put more doubts on WP's management.

WP AHTC has emailed NEA about the scaffolding for the high rise cleaning and thus, there is no confusion or whatsoever about AHTC knew very well that it was supposed to clean the ceilings. The only confusion was created by NEA on who would provide the scaffolding. Thus, it is totally dishonest for WP to come back and claim that they were confused about Spring Cleaning or Annual Cleaning when they have already confirmed by email that they knew they were supposed to clean the ceiling. It was the worst reply that smart alec Pritam has given, claiming that AHTC has planned to clean the ceiling in Nov instead... if so, why send email to NEA to talk about scaffolding for high rise cleaning in the first place?

Just too bad, SL and LTK have to continue that dishonest line of argument. They thought that only by doing so they could get out of the ugly situation whereby their own staff went around telling hawkers ceiling cleaning wasn't included and they need to pay extra if they want it done... and on why their own contractor ATL sent that quotation to HA.

As I have said, it is apparent that nobody from HA asked for that quotation else ATL won't be sending that quotation BLINDLY to its EX-Chairman... they are just using old records of HA to send that quotation. ATL didn't specify who or which hawker asked them to send that quotation but just a very vague answer. Unlike Hawkers and NEA could straight away pin point Mr Tai, WP AHTC's property manager right away, of telling them they need to pay for high rise cleaning. The contrast is just too glaring; WP is dishonest and evasive in its statements, even their so call "investigation" but NEA and Hawkers are very precise and specific about their accusations.

Just too bad, WP people still living in denial and refused to look at all the facts objectively. Technically speaking, there are reasons to believe that there are grounds for PAP to initiate investigation process on this case if WP still thinks that it could just walk away like this. I will have my popcorn ready for a good show ahead.

Goh Meng Seng

jw5

Loyal
WP people are living in self denial.

If you want to contest 2016 GE, you should do something now, otherwise it would be too late and you may be labelled an opportunist.
LOL.

PS: I didn't read your post and have very little interest in this hawker saga, which is the attitude most ordinary singaporeans not involved in politics are likely to have.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Well nobody seems to think CSM is "opportunist" when he spent most of his time, decades, outside Singapore but only come back for the GE when it was due in 2011. :wink:

Relax, I have been working in Singapore politics since 2001 and a little rest won't make me "opportunist" if decades of absence could be excused.

Goh Meng Seng

If you want to contest 2016 GE, you should do something now, otherwise it would be too late and you may be labelled an opportunist.
LOL.

PS: I didn't read your post and have very little interest in this hawker saga, which is the attitude most ordinary singaporeans not involved in politics are likely to have.

potato29

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone with normal IQ who bothers to read from various sources can come to simple conclusion and see what's going on....sad to say 60.1% do not even have normal IQ....

my 2 cents.

Blk 538 hawkers’ association (Ng Kok Khim) want the spring cleaning to include high areas.
NEA, AHPETC and Ng Kok Khim meet to discuss this.
AHPETC mention that as cleaning high areas is addition work there will be a charge.
NEA and Ng Kok Khim did not object to this. (on 3 occasions?)
they manage to come to an agreement where AHPETC out of good will also clean the high areas but the hawkers association pay for the scaffold erection/dismantling for the cleaning.
7-Feb, NEA officer after returning from course happily send the email indicating everything is OK and ready to go.
later, Ng Kok Khim asked the stallholders to pay for the cost of the scaffold erection/dismantling.
the stallholders refused to pay.
D-Day came, no scaffold, no cleaning of high areas.
stallholders angry.
NEA assigned to do damage control.
first thing, tell Ng Kok Khim to shutup so as not to contradict NEA,
next create confusion, lump other markets with 538.
FIX AHPETC

http://thehearttruths.com/2013/06/11/infographics-ahpetc-nea-stand-off-whats-really-going-on-part-3/

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Well nobody seems to think CSM is "opportunist" when he spent most of his time, decades, outside Singapore but only come back for the GE when it was due in 2011. :wink:

Relax, I have been working in Singapore politics since 2001 and a little rest won't make me "opportunist" if decades of absence could be excused.

Goh Meng Seng

Need .................... to..............................start.............................................now............................................................. :wink::biggrin:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From the start to the end, what I am only doing is to ask questions based on what you write, because your accounts are bizarre, at times circularly-looped and don't tally even with the PAP's account although you have supported them. How you paint that into partisanship is your prerogative, but I continue to do so.

WP AHTC has emailed NEA about the scaffolding for the high rise cleaning and thus, there is no confusion or whatsoever about AHTC knew very well that it was supposed to clean the ceilings. The only confusion was created by NEA on who would provide the scaffolding.

To be exact, "The only confusion was created by NEA on who would provide which scaffolding."

Thus, it is totally dishonest for WP to come back and claim that they were confused about Spring Cleaning or Annual Cleaning when they have already confirmed by email that they knew they were supposed to clean the ceiling.

The AHPETC understood it as spring cleaning with additional ceiling cleaning at hawkers request. The other party understood it as annual cleaning. The difference is not that one side (AHPETC) does not want to clean the ceilings (so you are right and answering your own question) but who pays for the scaffoldings for the additional ceiling cleaning - which tallies with my first point that NEA created the confusion on who pays what. As you can see, I am quite coherent here.

Just too bad, SL and LTK have to continue that dishonest line of argument. They thought that only by doing so they could get out of the ugly situation whereby their own staff went around telling hawkers ceiling cleaning wasn't included and they need to pay extra if they want it done... and on why their own contractor ATL sent that quotation to HA.

It is true that Tai might have told the hawkers that additional costs have to be borne by someone/some party for something on top of the contract without saying that the hawkers were the one who had to borne it, and it was interpreted as saying the hawkers have to pay. To think of it, VB should have been smarter with his questions.

As I have said, it is apparent that nobody from HA asked for that quotation else ATL won't be sending that quotation BLINDLY to its EX-Chairman.

Sorry but can you tell me which part of the ATL quotation states that Ng Kok Khim was the Chairman?

I wonder if we can say the same for you, that you are living in denial that WP is doing fine.