• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Have you lost someone close to you before? How did you cope?

edmwrefugee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am new here. Not that new as if I never view this forum before, but I wasn't active here.

I guess I have no other place to go and forced to create an account here. I was banned by EDMW for my remarks on CECAs.

I understand that there's a moderation period here, and so I am making a first post in this Courtyard section.

The test message I posted last night in the Test section hasn't even displayed on the forum. :frown:

So I guess I need to write something in the Courtyard section, otherwise, I will be in moderation forever. Hence please don't flame me for posting unimportant stuff.

Anyway I have lost someone very close to me not long ago. I am struggling to accept the fact that the person is no longer around and life will be the same anymore. I know this takes time but it has seriously affected my daily life.

Have you lost someone close to you before?

How did you cope with such painful loss?

How long it took before getting back to normal?

Do you constantly dream about the person you lost?

Do you feel aimless and life not worth living to the fullest without the person?

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Grief, it comes and goes, decades later it is equally painful even when you’ve accepted the loss. You may like to try this- that person is always in your heart now, isn’t that more comforting?

edmwrefugee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Grief, it comes and goes, decades later it is equally painful even when you’ve accepted the loss. You may like to try this- that person is always in your heart now, isn’t that more comforting?
Thanks for welcoming me and replying to me. Very much appreciated. :smile:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
For my uncle yes not too long ago :frown:
Dedication thread was even setup as part of the grieving process
https://www.sammyboy.com/threads/song-dedication-to.315207/

Imuho grieve has always been a underrated topic being shared. Sad to say my uncle also doesn't know how to cope.

My uncle doesn't think it can ever be back to normal

Yes almost everyday but most of the time in the dream the person is still alive. Hence my uncle will always tell the person see you in dreams.

Do you feel aimless and life not worth living to the fullest without the person?
My uncle doesn't feel aimless and doesn't leelee leelate it to whether is it worth to continue live life without the person.
But my uncle know the lost is permanent so life will never be the same again.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes that is what my uncle always do . To keep it forever in his heart as there is nothing else that we can do :notworthy:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am new here. Not that new as if I never view this forum before, but I wasn't active here.

I guess I have no other place to go and forced to create an account here. I was banned by EDMW for my remarks on CECAs.

I understand that there's a moderation period here, and so I am making a first post in this Courtyard section.

The test message I posted last night in the Test section hasn't even displayed on the forum. :frown:

So I guess I need to write something in the Courtyard section, otherwise, I will be in moderation forever. Hence please don't flame me for posting unimportant stuff.

Anyway I have lost someone very close to me not long ago. I am struggling to accept the fact that the person is no longer around and life will be the same anymore. I know this takes time but it has seriously affected my daily life.

Firstly.... get used to go fuck yrslf..... @Devil Within go round fuck animal mothers.... hide your pet...

nin-nao-hiah

Alfrescian
Loyal

Each and every living being is subject to aging, illness and death. These conditions are unavoidable.

We will also grow and separate from those that are dear and loved.

My condolences on losing someone dear and loved, be kind and patient to yourself and accept the current reality. Take care.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
But my uncle know the lost is permanent so life will never be the same again.
For this the pain will surelee be much stronger when the person is living under same roof which is My uncle's case.
Interestinglee my uncle leelised at times when he is outside he can find another person which look like that person. This kind of feeling is hard to describe.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Becas of this my uncle also think that there is no ghost. If have then will be better so that we can still talk to our loved ones when they are gone. Also becas of this my uncle no longer are scared of dead bodies coffins etc even they are not leelated to my uncle.

Peace Maker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seeing a loved one departing from your life is inevitable. Treasure your moments with all your love ones while you can. Life is unpredictable, we can go anytime.

cowbellc

Alfrescian
Loyal

JUz lost my mom to cancer on april.
muz learn to let go, and think she's on better place

I'm sorry for ur loss bro, take each passing day as a new life without ur loved one and ur loved one is watching over you.
you will not feel devastated

Cheers

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Death is graduation. Some graduate earlier than others. Others continue with their lessons until they are ready to graduate.

It's no big deal.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Firstly.... get used to go fuck yrslf..... @Devil Within go round fuck animal mothers.... hide your pet...
LOL!... We know what an ingrate you are to sell your mother to rapist CCP gangs but not everyone is like commiecunt retards like you. Also, I only fuck your mother as she begs me to fuck her deep deep because she had a retarded son like you. LOL!....

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL!... We know what an ingrate you are to sell your mother to rapist CCP gangs but not everyone is like commiecunt retards like you. Also, I only fuck your mother as she begs me to fuck her deep deep because she had a retarded son like you. LOL!....
:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :FU: :FU: :FU: poon pe pe

edmwrefugee

Alfrescian
Loyal
that person is always in your heart now, isn’t that more comforting?
It's not the same. We used to have dinner together, whether in restaurants, neighborhood coffee shops or hawker centres. During these meals, we talked about our issues we faced at work, our parents , our friends, etc. Now I can only talk to myself, without verbalizing. At times, when I dine alone, I find myself lost. No one is there to listen to me anymore.

Sad to say my uncle also doesn't know how to cope.

Sorry to remind you of an unpleasant episode in your life. My sincere apologies.

lost is permanent so life will never be the same again.

I am beginning to realise this too. There's no one for me to cook for, no one to watch Netflix together, no one to eat snatch my packet of potato chips.

To keep it forever in his heart as there is nothing else that we can do :notworthy:

Unfortunately, I have to agree unless one day, I miss the person so much, I will end it all so that I can see the person again.

We will also grow and separate from those that are dear and loved

Life is cruel.

Treasure your moments with all your love ones while you can.

I haven't even treasure enough and God took that person away.

JUz lost my mom to cancer on april.

Sorry to remind you of an unpleasant episode in your life. My apologies.

Leungsam

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Who did you vote for in the last GE?