• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HARD TRUTH - Our ex-ministers cannot make a living outside of GLCs and Govt

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
shes the farking ceo,is she brainless,do we employ brainless people to run corporations and organisations?if u were the ceo of the company and can do whatever the fark u want(judgin by the fact she completely neglected maintenance and upkeep),would u not have greater aspirations to build a legacy that u can be proud of?or u telling me monkeys can do the same job as them?setting up nasi lemak stores to meet ur kpi are u serious?

can we get the japanese to run smrt instead?at least they do everything with pride and honor no matter what job they do.

oh yeah by the way i dunno which dumbass is willing to hire her considering its known that shes the type of person whos willing to corrupt ur organisation in pursuit of short term gains.probably some sleazy corporation related to the lee family.

Last edited:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Has it occurred to you that it is the board's fault? You set KPIs for her, of course she'll focus on the KPIs and she did achieve the KPIs and earn her bonuses ...
ya, man! ...

juz like ah loon ... his kpi is 2 increase gdp ... ofcos he'll focus on his kpi n get his bonuses ...

wateva infrastructure not enuff la ... hospitals not enuff la ... hausing not enuff la ... all oso not in his kpi ...

ah loon has oni use corporate world methods in managing sinkielan ... cannot brame ah loon! ...

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are either uninitiated or lived in the corporate world of the 80s/early 90s. Nowadays Board tell the CEO - we (together with CEO) agree on strategic direction and then set the KPIs and your job is to achieve the KPIs - we do not want you trying to build your legacy and the image of the company is our job, not yours.

shes the farking ceo,is she brainless,do we employ brainless people to run corporations and organisations?if u were the ceo of the company and can do whatever the fark u want(judgin by the fact she completely neglected maintenance and upkeep),would u not have greater aspirations to build a legacy that u can be proud of?or u telling me monkeys can do the same job as them?setting up nasi lemak stores to meet ur kpi are u serious?

can we get the japanese to run smrt instead?at least they do everything with pride and honor no matter what job they do.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
All ex- ministers and most ex-PAP MPs have been pulled in by MNCs or by companies related with Temasek investment.
I did not see any independent company outside of that environment could willing to pay such non-performer, but only conformist to run the business.
You know they are only good at connecting blah blah and following up.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are either uninitiated or lived in the corporate world of the 80s/early 90s. Nowadays Board tell the CEO - we (together with CEO) agree on strategic direction and then set the KPIs and your job is to achieve the KPIs - we do not want you trying to build your legacy and the image of the company is our job, not yours.

in that case SMrt should not be that badly run and neglected....either the entire team is a bunch of clueless buffons who should be hung by piano wires until their feet stops tapping to singing in the rain by gene kelly or they are conspiring to bring down the corporation thru self implosion.so which is it?

considering how many loans smrt has sucked from the government tit,this is borderline criminal malpractise.

Last edited:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then I think you either don't understand what shareholders want or you don't understand who directors are accountable to. :smile:

in that case SMrt should not be that badly run and neglected....either the entire team is a bunch of clueless buffons who should be hung by piano wires until their feet stops tapping to singing in the rain by gene kelly or they are conspiring to bring down the corporation thru self implosion.so which is it?

considering how many loans smrt has sucked from the government tit,this is borderline criminal malpractise.

Last edited:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh, I never realised that Temasek owns even a sliver of Kerry Group.

All ex- ministers and most ex-PAP MPs have been pulled in by MNCs or by companies related with Temasek investment.
I did not see any independent company outside of that environment could willing to pay such non-performer, but only conformist to run the business.
You know they are only good at connecting blah blah and following up.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
George Yeo was hired because someone in the PAP rang the HK towkay to give George a job. His towkay is good friend of PAP.

Hardly a surprise. Billionaires arent fools. Even if his staff is useless, it is crucial who is the 'owner' of the 'dog.' Maintaining good ties with the cheng hu is important in the biz world. Never know when you need help. Consider such employment as buying insurance.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correct ho! Such a high flyer why headhunter never pick them. I think headhunters know these flunkies are jia liao bee no back bone follows, so scare of LKY won't dare to oppose him of anythings. I was told some of the doggies' offspring blames the CB mouth mother for utter rubbishes, always. Karma.

Defending his ministerial pay policy (Hard Truths, page 125), Lee Kuan Yew says of his generously compensated ministers, "If they're quality people, they have no trouble going out." Astute observers will note that Wong is staying very much within the incestuous nest of government related organisations. If the headhunters know the quality of every outstanding person, as Lee maintains in his book, how is it that private sector firms have not beat a path to their doors? The same awkward question may be asked of George Yeo, Mah Bow Tan and Raymond Lim. Either they are too complacent or too shy to send out their resumes, or the rejection rate was just too embarrassing to endure.

- http://singaporedesk.blogspot.com/2011/09/incestuous-links.html

iamhere

Alfrescian
Loyal
Without singapore and singaporeans, papees would have to lease out their grandparents' asses at some back lanes and
collect the 5 cents coins from their grandparents' clients.............

In reality, the nation have been providing welfare state benefits (juz because of one party rule system) to leeches aka papees leeching on the system. These leeches aka papees wasting nation's time and resources and etc every single second of the Mother Earth's day. By some unfortunate default, we as a nation have to put food on table and tonnes of $$$ for these leeches...

The country needs the government (employees of the public) to work for the country.
Can these leeches aka papees become self reliant? Get a job and be prepared to work hard
at least for once in a lifetime. Stop Leeching on the system.

FUCK PAP, FUCK PAP, FUCK PAP.........
MAY PAPEES, CRONIES N FAMILIES BURN ETERNALLY IN HELLS.........
MAJULLAH SINGAPURA.........
GOD BLESS SINGAPORE..............
REMEMBER to

VOTE papees OUT

do yrself, yr forefathers and yr generations to come, a favor, a service and a long-awaited justice

:wink::wink::wink::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::wink::wink::wink:

iamhere says a lot about this:"The democracy shall cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those LEECHES who would not.”

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was told only pay him 60K a month and office in HK? why no one offer him $300K a month meh! useless asshole.

60k not too bad. Everyday eng eng pcc in office. I think Yeo Cheow Tong's pay is much lower. Both they are comfortable with their pension.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hardly a surprise. Billionaires arent fools. Even if his staff is useless, it is crucial who is the 'owner' of the 'dog.' Maintaining good ties with the cheng hu is important in the biz world. Never know when you need help. Consider such employment as buying insurance.

George Yeo was a Baker scholar in his class at the Harvard Business School. This is no ordinary institution.
This was against all the best brains from around the world. His job in government gave him worldwide high level contacts. He is no dummy. Frankly I doubt he needs to work anymore. Notice he is one of the few people who didn't take up positions in GLC boards ? I think he wants to disassociate himself from the current bunch for whatever reason .

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
George Yeo is now working in a Hong Kong company. How a Hong Kong company is GLC is beyond me

Fei Hai, pls add esteem yeo cheow tong to your list....he's now plying his trade with the crooked riadys.
gong cheebye like you take everything at face value...no wonder kena hookwinked by vile pappies so easily.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh, I never realised that Temasek owns even a sliver of Kerry Group.

Though Temasek does not own Kerry Group, sure thing is that they have investment there.
Under Temasek, there are thousands of companies invested.
How could we track if those info. are not publicly available.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
George Yeo was a Baker scholar in his class at the Harvard Business School. This is no ordinary institution.
This was against all the best brains from around the world. His job in government gave him worldwide high level contacts. He is no dummy. Frankly I doubt he needs to work anymore. Notice he is one of the few people who didn't take up positions in GLC boards ? I think he wants to disassociate himself from the current bunch for whatever reason .

I dun understand the fascination with Georgie Boy....
He's a political has been. Note not often vile miws get to be booted out by courageous voters. He was the firsu minitoot. That dubious honor is his forever.
However impressive his credentials were....he had decades to prove himself and he fell way short.
He was a puppet no better than the likes of Wong Cunt Sing and Mabok Tan.
He should just keep a low profile and pocket his free 60k....though he might not need the money at all....it will come in handy for his cancerous kids treatment.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stupid LKY's dogma & hypothesis ruined PAP's reputation. Good gene get good offspring (why dr produces siow kia), High pay get top/honest people (why got people suicide), run county like running biz/co (why salary need to revise)....
All that he did will put down in stingapore history book "PAP's Minister getting shameless salary".
Big nose, I always feel so shameful to tell people my father is a minister and getting shameless salary, what should I do? what do you think?