• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Harassment while on Bail

Ps172

Alfrescian
Loyal
www.apill4life.blogspot.com

I have a standing Personal Protection Order against Russell currently. It was ordered by the court on 9/7/08.

I made the application on 2/7/08, the day after attending a Community Court Conference in connection with Russell's criminal case. By the way, a Community Court Conference is convened for family disputes concerning violence, with the purpose of seeking reconciliation and apologies between the offender and the victim. However when I showed the court official the stack of disturbing smses and emails, I was advised to apply for a PPO immediately.

Russell had initially wanted to contest this PPO application, which was made on the grounds of harassment via smses and emails received between October 07 to April 08. I remember that when I proceeded to read out some examples of his writings to the court counsellor, he quickly interrupted and consented to the PPO.

So at the point when Russell was sentenced in the District Court on 12/9/08, there was already an effective PPO against him. But this was not mentioned at all by the Prosecution during sentencing, when it should have been. It is a material fact to illustrate that the accused had continued to commit family violence even after the near fatal stabbing last year.

The saga didn't end here though. Russell later twisted it to say that he had not sent any harassing smses or emails - only "loving" ones. He "explained" that he had given me the PPO only because he was sorry for the stabbing incident. When we met in court this year for review after the completion of mandatory counselling, he informed the judge that he would apply for discharge of the PPO.

The sheer volume of over 850 smses and 300 emails within six months was harassing enough. I felt the underlying objectives were to flatter, plead, coerce and intimidate me into giving up another earlier PPO application and mitigating on his behalf. His writings very often carried so many untrue allegations and false aspersions that I thought he was seriously trying to brain-wash me or malign me to my family.

Types of harassing writings included:

1. Those offering himself to be physically hurt by me and my family, in the most graphic way (see previous post).

"I beg you to come to the flat with your family and punish me in whatever way you want, but leave me intact to function after I heal. Cane me and then pour salt on me, drive nails into me, smash my teeth out one by one, cut one of my testicles off, break my legs, anything."

2. Those invoking reference of God and evil spirits.

"Has someone poisoned your mind since then? I think so. I prayed that the Lord smite that person down but to be merciful if he or she is repentant."

"Terrible of me to think such thoughts just before Church, but whoever this is, he or she is an agent of Satan who wants to destroy Christian lives."

"Now I know why the Lord keeps directing me to read Psalm 23. Whoever is telling you to sit back, suppress the truth and let the law “take its course” is Satan."

"I will continue to pray for you, dear. Clearly, you are in bondage to something evil. Pray dear, to be released, by the blood of Christ and the Holy Spirit."

3. Insults and jibes

"Is your father too busy drinking coffee to clip his grandson’s toe nails?"

"Your father is so grudgingly taking care of his XXX just for a while? Give him and XXX to my parents then, they’ll be totally devoted to them."

"Dearest, you have been very deeply hurt by your father and the trauma wrecked your marriage. Please don’t hurt the kids. I will continue to pray for you. Love"

4. Those threatening harm to children and me obliquely

"If you read the Bible, God’s punishment is usually terrible. He hits you where it hurts. For us, I guess it’s the kids. I pray to God nothing happens to them."

"Japanese rice cake freshly made by Hokkaido chef, hope kids like it. Have you seen any signs lately? Warnings from God? Usually there are, before He strikes."

"I beg you dear, please do what is right by God. He is real, and I’m sure you know that. Pray and listen to His word. I pray nothing happens to the children.Almost seems like you’re trying to argue with God. You’ll lose horribly, of course. I only hope He does not decide to take our children away to punish you."

"All it takes is for everything to come together one day for Zhiren to kill himself. I hope I’m wrong, but that is my forecast. I have been right so far, BTW."

"When the unthinkable happens, let’s see you pretend it’s not your fault. God will bring you to your knees one way or another. Choose His way, dear. I love you."

"Your problems with Zhiren are going to worsen exponentially over the next few years as he gets stronger. I hope he lives to see his Papa come out of jail."

"When he’s strong enough to hit you and hurt you, you are going to see the full consequences of a broken home. What happened on Sep 30 may well repeat itself."

5. Self-condemning confessions

"I’ve had a lot of time to reflect. I know a lot of our fights were due to me, not your ‘rage problem’ that I like to blame. I know that now."

"I made you feel invisible. Tore down your opinions. Ridiculed your professional ability. Even doubted your Chinese proficiency"

"I have many faults dear, and you were probably right to be angry with me on many occasions. I wish I knew then what I know now, how precious you are to me."

These are just tip of the iceberg; there are so, so much more.

I really don't understand.

Here is such a wealth of information that would easily shed light on his character and level of credibility and (nil) repentence. It also provides ready contradictions to his allegations of spousal abuse. Just why were these not ever mentioned in court? Even the District Judge May Mesenas had asked the DPP about the smses and emails.

To rub salt into the wound, I had to spend money on replacement when the police sequestered my laptop and mobile phone for evidence-taking sometime between August 08 to January 09.

So you see, even knowing these sms-es and emails were safely tucked away in my possession (some of which were witnessed by my family as well), Russell could still blatantly declare that he did not "harass" me. Honestly, what does that tell you about his credibility or veracity of his other claims?

(A voice says, "You're almost an expert on PPO by now, what with the previous three EOs against him and the current PPO..." Another says, "Yeah, maybe I could share this unfortunate area of expertise with other domestic abused victims".)