• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Harassment and Persecution Faced by Egyptian Christians

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.persecution.org/2023/12/18/harassment-and-persecution-faced-by-egyptian-christians/

12/18/2023 Egypt (International Christian Concern) — In a harrowing tale of religious persecution, Amina* endured harassment and threats in Beni Suef Governorate last year after moving there to begin her newly married life. However, her happiness was short-lived as she encountered hostility from locals. Disturbing incidents of verbal abuse, including obscene language and threats, became a routine for Amina, solely because of her Christian faith.

The situation took a violent turn when her husband returned home from work one day to find three men waiting for him. They subjected him to a brutal assault, leaving him unconscious before hastily fleeing the scene. Upon regaining consciousness, Amina’s husband was informed about the severity of the threats and attempts to kidnap his wife, coupled with demands for her conversion to Islam.

She shared, “They were harassing me, threatening me, and trying to kidnap me, and that they wanted me to convert to Islam and wear the hijab. When I screamed and threatened to go to the police, they said: ‘You Christians, you worshipers of the cross, will not be able to do anything. This is our city, and we will cleanse it of people like you. Either you are with us, or you are against us, and whoever resists us will not live.’”

In the aftermath of these horrifying events, Amina and her husband decided to seek sanctuary in a new city to start a new life. Such persecution cases illustrate the threats Christians, especially Christian women, face in parts of Egypt, and the lack of protection that they have from extremist neighbors from harassing and attacking them.