• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Halal Airlines Close Down! Now Halal Supermarket Also Uplorry! Halal = unlucky?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
l5T9321.jpg

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
dont b stupid like pinkie. home economy is just as bad as taiwan. plenty of food court 1/2 packed with closed stalls. we do not need 13 more hawker centers to boost his heritage ego.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
come and think about it, there's this stall next to the gym, from selling dumplings to some chinese cuisine- all can't survive. good luck to the new 鹿鼎记 opening there.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
goes the way of Banquet food court

Oh Banquet!...had forgotten about them, they has a foodcourt at Raffles Hospital I used to frequent & some other places, the food there is not bad though it was pricey for it was HALAL. Guessed, having to pay high costs killed the HALAL businesses. Qiji is Halal too right, a quite successful one...

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is true testimony of uniqueLEE SINGAPORE. The PAP LEEders must be held accountable for the HOLLOWING-OUT of the country. OnLEE the LEElated can benefit from the PAP's Fit and Fix Stage/State.

I noticed that if food companies don't cater to halal, their business would often do a lot better. In recent years, there have been a rise in korean bbqs that serve did not go the way of Seoul Garden. They seem to be doing very well despite losing out on the muslim market share.

Or there are enough sensible muslims who realize that their religious teachings about pork has been nothing but nonsense.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I noticed that if food companies don't cater to halal, their business would often do a lot better. In recent years, there have been a rise in korean bbqs that serve did not go the way of Seoul Garden. They seem to be doing very well despite losing out on the muslim market share.

Or there are enough sensible muslims who realize that their religious teachings about pork has been nothing but nonsense.
Food companies that offer halal food do so at their own peril, except for Swensen's and McDonalds. They are lucky non-muslims make up most of their diners. Swensen's only has muslim business once a month during pay day, the rest of the month they need the chinks and shitskin to make them profitable. And McDonald's is a global company that appeal to all.

My advice to food companies, fuck the halal certification. It is not worthwhile, you are only supporting the muslim clerics and muslims are a negligible minority.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Food companies that offer halal food do so at their own peril, except for Swensen's and McDonalds. They are lucky non-muslims make up most of their diners. Swensen's only has muslim business once a month during pay day, the rest of the month they need the chinks and shitskin to make them profitable. And McDonald's is a global company that appeal to all.

My advice to food companies, fuck the halal certification. It is not worthwhile, you are only supporting the muslim clerics and muslims are a negligible minority.

I am a partner in a food catering company. We have two separate kitchens under different names, one halal and one haram. The haram kitchen is consistently doing better. But we still keep the halal one around because we want to capture a larger market share and it is still operating at a profit, though much smaller than the haram kitchen.

The general global trend is that halal tends to be doing worse, be it locally in the food and business, or globally in terms of crime and military conflict and poverty, where trouble is generally synonymous with muslim and halal.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I am a partner in a food catering company. We have two separate kitchens under different names, one halal and one haram. The haram kitchen is consistently doing better. But we still keep the halal one around because we want to capture a larger market share and it is still operating at a profit, though much smaller than the haram kitchen.

The general global trend is that halal tends to be doing worse, be it locally in the food and business, or globally in terms of crime and military conflict and poverty, where trouble is generally synonymous with muslim and halal.
Of course your non-halal kitchen is doing better. It caters to the majority who have spending power.

Yes, muslim = halal = trouble. Fuck them.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal

To each his own and One man's meat is another man's poison. Why we do, What we do! Service for community or service for money? It's the individual. It's in the blood. Our PAP LEEders are no different. They went for the money. Their rationale is that MONEY will help to bring in the LEEders to ensure the Party's survival.

Providing true Halal food has its benefits as there is a very niche market out there, in different parts of the world. Singapore's initiative into this niche market is a decade behind many other countries. Furthermore, Singapore is never a market in itself. As a businessman or investor, would I even consider starting it in a small country where governmental policies and subsequent implementation are usually for show - staged to fit and fix. Nice from far but Far from nice!

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Study the experiences of Han's and Hanis. Good for case study. Cheers.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Disappearance from the Singapore scene is likely to mean that the investor has finally realised and moved out of Singapore. This Hollowing-out of Singapore is very real and ongoing, and the arrogant, complacent and incompetent PAP LEEders must be held accountable.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

One point is I do not patronise non m&d food stalls that are halal or states no pork no lard. That why I don't go to Seoul garden..

ChristJohnny

Alfrescian
Loyal
My belief … I cannot eat any religious affiliated product. So I never patronize any mamak stall for roti prata, Malay stall etc. So far I never come across "Christian Friendly" or "Buddhist Blessed" food. If have … sorry I no go.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
too bad. i used to go there when it opened in 2016 to check out halal makan, minahs and maciks. now must order online. :confused:
b2ap3_thumbnail_Global-Halal-Hub-2.jpg

b2ap3_thumbnail_Global-Halal-Hub-5.jpg

b2ap3_thumbnail_Global-Halal-Hub-3.jpg

b2ap3_thumbnail_Global-Halal-Hub-1.jpg

b2ap3_thumbnail_Global-Halal-Hub-4.jpg

b2ap3_thumbnail_Global-Halal-Hub-6.jpg

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
My belief … I cannot eat any religious affiliated product. So I never patronize any mamak stall for roti prata, Malay stall etc. So far I never come across "Christian Friendly" or "Buddhist Blessed" food. If have … sorry I no go.
There is Buddhist blessed food. It's those dedicated vegetarian restaurant