• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gynaecologist to patient: This is how we do it in India

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Gynaecologist to patient: This is how we do it in India[/h]
dmca_protected_sml_120n.png
PostDateIcon.png
January 2nd, 2014 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Online Press

Dr-Angamathu-Arunkalaivanan-217x300.jpg
Dr Angamathu Arunkalaivanan

• Dr Angamathu Arunkalaivanan put woman through ‘three years of hell’
  • Married practitioner, who goes by Dr Arun, denied he was at fault
  • Medical Practitioners’ Tribunal Service in Manchester found Dr Arun guilty
(13 Dec) – A gynaecologist who stood behind a patient and groped her breasts claimed it was how he had been taught to do an examination at medical school in India.

Dr Angamathu Arunkalaivanan put the woman through ‘three years of hell’ after he carried out a ‘sexually motivated’ examination during an appointment at a private hospital.

The married practitioner, who goes by the name of Dr Arun, denied he was at fault and insisted it was how he had been instructed to check breasts while training in Madras.

But the 49-year-old patient sought independent advice about whether the way she had been examined was inappropriate. After her suspicions were confirmed the woman, identified as patient A, contacted the police who referred the case to the General Medical Council.

Yesterday the Medical Practitioners’ Tribunal Service in Manchester found Dr Arun, 48, guilty of misconduct and suspended him for a year. The doctor, who has an NHS post as consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist at Birmingham City Hospital, was also found to be at fault for failing to offer a chaperone or make a record of the breast check in the patient’s notes.

The panel was told how during the consultation in October 2010 at BMI The Edgbaston Hospital in Birmingham, Dr Arun asked the woman to lift up her top and bra, before cupping and squeezing her breasts with both hands from behind. Patient A told the hearing she still ‘beats herself up’ for allowing herself to be ‘sexually assaulted’.

She said: ‘I left the room that day and I just … it just felt so wrong. I could just not get the examination out of my head and I actually said, “What just happened in there?” ’

Describing the doctor’s response to her complaint, she added: ‘He didn’t deny anything I said. He said that’s how he was taught in India.’ She told the panel she was so disturbed she could not even bring herself to tell her husband.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2523365/Gynaecologist-told-patient-India-groped-breasts.html

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
:biggrin:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...bstetrician-gynecologist-in-singapore.910432/

Hello Sir/Madam,

I'm currently practicing as a Obstetrician / Gynecologist in India, and was planning to practice the same in Singapore.
I hold a MBBS & Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynecology from India.

I was wondering if you by any chance have time for assistance & guidance with information on steps to start practicing medicine in Singapore, as i was also planning to practice the same in Singapore.
I did look at the SMC official website on the eligibility towards practicing in SG, but since my medical college doesn't fall in the list of SMC approved coll/univ, i'm a little confused and believe i might only be eligible to start off with applying for temporary registration.

Would someone be able to guide & help me in understanding the options I may have. And what it needs for me to apply for temporary registration / or start practicing as a Gyn in SG ?
Also i came across the term 'service provider' in the SMC requirements & eligibility list i.e. " engaged as service providers in institutions approved by SMC". Could you please help understand what being engaged as a Service Provider mean and what it takes to become one ?

Thank you for your time & truly appreciate your help in advance,

Eagerly waiting for a response & Best Regards
Aapplee
docapplee, May 7, 2012

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SMC will aprrove such foreign talents, they come cheaper, can work very long hours, Dr.Yonilingam O&G, will tell his patient, that in INDIA it is common practice to use his lingan as a tongue depressor..."Open your mouth, says ahhh!"...& it is standard practice again to his lingam, instead of the speculum, to spread open the orifice for examinations...we need such talents... ha ha ha

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkees to FTs : we want your lingam. Sinkees are ball less by nature

SMC will aprrove such foreign talents, they come cheaper, can work very long hours, Dr.Yonilingam O&G, will tell his patient, that in INDIA it is common practice to use his lingan as a tongue depressor..."Open your mouth, says ahhh!"...& it is standard practice again to his lingam, instead of the speculum, to spread open the orifice for examinations...we need such talents... ha ha ha

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
This report made my day. " This is how we do it in Madras ". We will face the same . Singapore is facing a slow deterioration in standards. The standard of English in business communications is gravitating towards the Indian variety, service standards are going back to third world quality, and our physical environment outside the CBD will become like Mumbai.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore will welcome such talents with their legs wide open.

It doesn't matter if they're really talented or not; all that matters is that labour costs are cut and thus profits can increase. How else will the healthcare groups and cronies in the medical industry laugh all the way to the bank?

The elites have their own personal doctors, they're not affected by an influx of hack doctors. The elites don't care about you.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My impression is this: doctors have become big time business men. Doctoring is now big business. Just have a look at the Novena Hospital!!! And the medical charges!!! You die if you ever go over there or any of the high class elite hospitals!!

That's the 'medical hub' for you. Ditto for the 'education hub'.

Rich medical tourists, or their kids enrolled in one of the schools, are the target demographic.

Bona-Graduation-550.jpg

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hi there

1. bingo.
2. set up more clinics in little india too.
3. then less riots and drunks hoh.
4. ah nehs already boleh:biggrin:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
some time ago,
i went to polyclinic for a checkout, the doctor that attends me is from India.
he is quite nice person and very patient.

hi there

1. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
2. from your statement.
3. I bet that you had enjoyed every minute of it.
4. when he physically "examined" you.
5. were you wet too?

Last edited:

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's the 'medical hub' for you. Ditto for the 'education hub'.

Rich medical tourists, or their kids enrolled in one of the schools, are the target demographic.

Bona-Graduation-550.jpg

Dr Madhati is Dictator Mugabe's open supporter in ASEAN,LKY is the cunning silent Dictator Mugabe's supporter in the world.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not at all. There is a shortage of doctors. They are one of the few outside the public sector who don't have to worry about finding work.

There is a shortage because you pay them shit wages.

Because the govt is stingy, it refuses to subsidize public healthcare (or at least do it sparingly and grudgingly).

Because the govt is avaricious, it wants to depress everyone's wages, including those of doctors in the public sector, so those cronies in healthcare conglomerates make all the money.

The govt wants to have its cake and eat it, and has no scruples about screwing over everyone else.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I ever asked this question, does gynae reserves the right to finger their patient ? :eek..he stupid lah should just finger and not grope the breast.