• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GVGT - British Army Ranks - See How Long it Takes Just to be a Sgt. A Major or Colonel

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
USA needs allies for their military assistance overseas. the SAF should send a brigade to wherever to do actual fighting.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saf is the best. If go afghanistan or fight vc maybe 2 years win liao. Not like US, Uk, russia... give 20 years also surrender.

JOKERCHEW

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saf is the best. If go afghanistan or fight vc maybe 2 years win liao. Not like US, Uk, russia... give 20 years also surrender.

LOL cfm.jpg

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
instead od doing a master staffing plan. Snakemugun chose easy way out...make all lowlives in spf sgt n incr no. of deputies. assistant CP...so easy to be mini star

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal

To become Cpl already so hard. Sgt is such an important rank. Maybe takes 10-12 years.
Then officers, Cpt takes time. Major longer. A full Colonel. Really well trained and experienced then can reach.
And these people actually have deployments. Sick as hell training. Even at home is dangerous if deployed to N Ireland.
Overseas missions always likely.
And they also have access to modern technology.

Our SAF is soooo wonderful. Talk macam superpower. Everybody is Sgt. Every officer got dunno white horse, unicorn also.
Some more got military experts too.

If play war on computer I think we are a superpower already.
How many can actually fight or willing to fight.
I'm not saying all won't fight, sure will have some. But majority is confronted by an enemy prepared to fight to death, you think they will?
Even those on reservist always talk as if NS so important. You really can and will fight? When your officers twaddle thumbs and only thinking of post army careers?
Not to mention, so small island, cannot even put all the weapons here.
You really tell me you will fight to your dying breath?

Malaysian army may not be that strong weapons wise. But at leats they have actual battle experience in East Malaysia. Soldiers are killed and targetted and they sometimes have to fight insurgents.

We may win them in technology and destroy their ability to use their weapons and infrastructure. But actuall boots on the ground? Can we hold on?

That's not a valid comparison as SAF cuts its ranks differently from militaries in most other countries.

IIRC many years ago they engaged BCG to do some sort study on how to motivate regulars and give them an illusion of constantly promotion. As a result, the entire rank structure was reorganized, sliced and diced into micro ranks so much so that any idiot without major disciplinary demerits can get promoted frequently.

For e.g. compared to militaries of other countries, our ranks can roughly map out as follows:

PTE/PFC/LCP/CPL = PTE
SCPL/3SG = LCP
2SG/1SG = CPL
SSG/MSG = SGT
3WO/2WO/1WO = SSG
MWO/SWO = 2WO
CWO = 1WO

Also bear in mind these are just visible ranks on their uniforms, within each rank are 2 - 3 "sub-ranks". For e.g. there is a 3WO-1 and 3WO-2 if I'm not wrong, these sub-ranks represent different pay levels as well.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's not a valid comparison as SAF cuts its ranks differently from militaries in most other countries.

IIRC many years ago they engaged BCG to do some sort study on how to motivate regulars and give them an illusion of constantly promotion. As a result, the entire rank structure was reorganized, sliced and diced into micro ranks so much so that any idiot without major disciplinary demerits can get promoted frequently.

For e.g. compared to militaries of other countries, our ranks can roughly map out as follows:

PTE/PFC/LCP/CPL = PTE
SCPL/3SG = LCP
2SG/1SG = CPL
SSG/MSG = SGT
3WO/2WO/1WO = SSG
MWO/SWO = 2WO
CWO = 1WO

Also bear in mind these are just visible ranks on their uniforms, within each rank are 2 - 3 "sub-ranks". For e.g. there is a 3WO-1 and 3WO-2 if I'm not wrong, these sub-ranks represent different pay levels as well.
Most or all British Army Warrant Officers are actually commissioned at Captain or even Major rank but still RSMs. Called late entry officers.

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most or all British Army Warrant Officers are actually commissioned at Captain or even Major rank but still RSMs. Called late entry officers.
Yea Singapore has a similar commission conversion system as well.

MWO = CPT
SWO = MAJ
CWO = I dun think currently there are any cases of CWO converting to commissioned officer though...

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yea Singapore has a similar commission conversion system as well.

MWO = CPT
SWO = MAJ
CWO = I dun think currently there are any cases of CWO converting to commissioned officer though...
Uk got only WO2 WO1

Royal Navy same

RAF only WO

SAF too many

JOKERCHEW

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are damn farney

but don’t forget our very own generals pappie dogs

Kup Poh,

Thats why my nic is Joker____
though I have not reached the pay grade status of an Orangutan,
Mr. "you-know'who".

Yes, always can find joys and laughters when Samsters made reference to them L.O.L.
:roflmao::laugh::biggrin:

JOKERCHEW

Alfrescian
Loyal
In RN, they have Commodore and Commander;
and I think they do not have Senior Colonel?

But, more importantly, they had seen real combat in Falklands, Desert Storm, Operation Nimrod,
and the brave gutsy one-man SAS who rescued hostages in Kenya,
when al-Shabaab terrorists stormed the nearby hotel complex.

Ours, ...... only simulated war games L.O.L.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
In RN, they have Commodore and Commander;
and I think they do not have Senior Colonel?

But, more importantly, they had seen real combat in Falklands, Desert Storm, Operation Nimrod,
and the brave gutsy one-man SAS who rescued hostages in Kenya,
when al-Shabaab terrorists stormed the nearby hotel complex.

Ours, ...... only simulated war games L.O.L.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Senior Colonel is a joke.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
She is better off serve as comfort woman for the soldiers, can eat don't waste...
https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-16039666

One of the first British female soldiers known to have killed in combat says she had to shoot or get shot.
Chantelle Taylor was in Afghanistan serving as a sergeant in the Royal Army Medical Corps when her patrol was attacked by 20 Taliban gunmen in Helmand in July 2008.
The medic from Plymouth says one man was 50ft away and shooting AK47 bullets into the car she was travelling in.
"I had to engage him," she said. "I had to stop him. I had no choice."
It was the first time the 32-year-old had fired her standard issue SA80 assault rifle at another person.
Describing the moment when she fired the seven shots, Chantelle Taylor said: "It would never be right to claim a kill as a medic.

"But I would actually feel far worse than having not defended myself.
"It could have very much gone the other way and I may have not been here to tell the story."
Female soldiers in the British Army aren't officially allowed to fight on the front line in battle and are banned from serving in infantry units.
Chantelle Taylor says having women on the front line is a tricky subject.
"Indirect fire doesn't discriminate," she said.
"Unless you've been there and seen how the infantry work and how hard those roles are, it would be silly just to jump straight in and say women should do that too."