• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

guess what is this

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
hdd.jpg

Its a hard disk at 1956....
The Volume and Size of 5MB memory storage in 1956 ...
In September 1956 IBM launched the 305 RAMAC, the first computer with a hard
disk drive (HDD).
The HDD weighed over a ton and stored 5MB of data.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
computer sure made big progress over the year. mechanical gun has not change much. take 1911 for example. still the best automatic hand gun ever made.

http://wilsoncombat.com/new/handgun-stealth.asp#

good designs are enduring and appreciated. Like the 1911. Also the bicycle frame design, which has largely remained fundamentally the same (consisting of two triangles).

The computer has come a long way. And Moore's law (described in 1965) is still holding true today.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
good designs are enduring and appreciated. Like the 1911. Also the bicycle frame design, which has largely remained fundamentally the same (consisting of two triangles).

The computer has come a long way. And Moore's law (described in 1965) is still holding true today.

i dislike glock handgun, why would gov buy that give to their cops with that thing. I dislike the feel, when i shoot it, it feel just so wrong compare to wilson combat 1911. Other than the price, i see no redemption quality at all to glock handgun. That and you can put a lot of bullets in the clip.
Do you love glock, since you call yourself glockman?

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
i dislike glock handgun, why would gov buy that give to their cops with that thing. I dislike the feel, when i shoot it, it feel just so wrong compare to wilson combat 1911. Other than the price, i see no redemption quality at all to glock handgun. That and you can put a lot of bullets in the clip.
Do you love glock, since you call yourself glockman?

I think I know why you feel this way. I can appreciate the sturdiness and heft of classic all steel pistol designs, having shot a 1911, some Beretta 92Fs and a few revolvers. The same way I prefer vintage steel bicycle frames over aluminium or carbon fibre frames. Something to do with mojo!

But for pistols, I think Gaston Glocks got it right, in terms of design and material choice. The polymer lower receiver makes the gun much lighter, absorbs recoil better. The pistol also has less moving parts, no need for hammer. Thus more reliable and easy to maintain. It all boils down to practicality and functionality, mojo takes a back seat.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The polymer lower receiver makes the gun much lighter, absorbs recoil better.

funny that you mention it, when i shot with wilson combat 0.45, it got less recoil than 9mm glock, now how do you explain that. nothing to do mojo, it just dun work as well as 1911. why would anyone pay more if the cheaper one shoot better??

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
funny that you mention it, when i shot with wilson combat 0.45, it got less recoil than 9mm glock, now how do you explain that. nothing to do mojo, it just dun work as well as 1911. why would anyone pay more if the cheaper one shoot better??

The stock Wilson Combat is a high spec pistol at a premium price. Its been tweaked and tuned to be best of class. If you take a stock 1911 made by others, it will not stand up to a stock Glock.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The stock Wilson Combat is a high spec pistol at a premium price. Its been tweaked and tuned to be best of class. If you take a stock 1911 made by others, it will not stand up to a stock Glock.

i shot with another modern 1911 handgun cheaper one and all of them have less recoil than 9mm glock, how do you explain that.

It is strange also that a hand craft 1911 modern handgun have less recoil at 0.45 than 9mm, i never shot a high end 9mm before. I think the problem is glock design.

Glock is most common, but the handgun that just dun feel right and operate right on my hand. No love for it. Could not understand if anyone would like it.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
i shot with another modern 1911 handgun cheaper one and all of them have less recoil than 9mm glock, how do you explain that.

It is strange also that a hand craft 1911 modern handgun have less recoil at 0.45 than 9mm, i never shot a high end 9mm before. I think the problem is glock design.

Glock is most common, but the handgun that just dun feel right and operate right on my hand. No love for it. Could not understand if anyone would like it.

Could be due to variables like bullet grain and installed recoil spring. Was there a compensator installed on the cheaper 1911 you shot? I remember the kick of the Springfield 1911 .45 was definitely bigger than the Glock 17 and 19 (all were stock). Pistols, like many other things, are personal. Different strokes for different folks they say.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Could be due to variables like bullet grain and installed recoil spring. Was there a compensator installed on the cheaper 1911 you shot? I remember the kick of the Springfield 1911 .45 was definitely bigger than the Glock 17 and 19 (all were stock). Pistols, like many other things, are personal. Different strokes for different folks they say.

what is a compensator?

do you know how to strip a glock down and put back blind folded?

how fast can you load 18 rounds into clip?

how many glock do you have? do you have .45 glock? do you have that glock with auto firing?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
what is a compensator?

do you know how to strip a glock down and put back blind folded?

how fast can you load 18 rounds into clip?

how many glock do you have? do you have .45 glock? do you have that glock with auto firing?

compensator = muzzle brake to reduce recoil. Can strip a glock but not blindfolded. Never timed clip loading, but G17 clip allows 17 + 1 in the chamber. G19 clip was 15 + 1. G30 is 10+1. Don't own guns anymore, too expensive a hobby here. Also, I don't fly out to Australia much for the past few years. Have not tried the full auto glocks, but those are fun with the high capacity 30 rds clip.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Its a hard disk at 1956....
The Volume and Size of 5MB memory storage in 1956 ...
In September 1956 IBM launched the 305 RAMAC, the first computer with a hard
disk drive (HDD).
The HDD weighed over a ton and stored 5MB of data.

bro, sorry to OT your thread. :o

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
compensator = muzzle brake to reduce recoil. Can strip a glock but not blindfolded. Never timed clip loading, but G17 clip allows 17 + 1 in the chamber. G19 clip was 15 + 1. G30 is 10+1. Don't own guns anymore, too expensive a hobby here. Also, I don't fly out to Australia much for the past few years. Have not tried the full auto glocks, but those are fun with the high capacity 30 rds clip.

no compensator for wilson combat 0.45, only place in the world to able to enjoy handgun as hobby is USA, in one of those gun friendly state. too bad, i dun live in USA, if not my house will be full of rifle,shotgun and handguns, every weekend, i will strip and clean them and admire their beauty.