• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Guess the race: parents roll their spawn in cow manure

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]It's never dung me any harm... Parents roll children and babies in COW MANURE in Indian village where locals believe it protects them from disease[/h]
  • Parents have been rolling their children in cow dung in an Indian village
  • They believe the manure brings children good luck and a healthy life
  • The practice takes place after India's biggest Hindu festival, Diwali
  • Cows are sacred in Hindu faith and they they believe the dung has medicinal properties
By Jennifer Newton for MailOnline
Published: 09:47 GMT, 3 December 2015 | Updated: 14:14 GMT, 3 December 2015

1.3k shares
View comments

Its a tradition that Indians believe will bring their children good luck and protect them from disease.
And scores of parents have been lining up in the tiny village of Betul in Madhya Pradesh to roll their youngsters in cow pat.
People in the small village believe that smearing the dung on their young sons and daughters help to give them a healthy life free from ailments.
Scroll down for video
2F043D5900000578-3344099-image-a-25_1449135192015.jpg

A young boy cries out after his father throws him on a pile of cow dung in the small Indian village of Betul

2F043BD200000578-3344099-image-a-26_1449135202192.jpg

People in the small village believe that smearing the dung on their young sons and daughters help to give them a healthy life free from ailments

They also say that the 'purity' of the cow dung will bring the children good luck.
The practice is followed a day after Diwali - the biggest Indian celebration, also known as the festival of lights.
[h=2]RELATED ARTICLES[/h]

[h=2]Share this article[/h] Share

In the weeks leading up to Diwali, people in the village collect cow dung and store it in huge piles.
On the day after the celebration, a special prayer is offered to the Hindu Gods, before people start dipping their children, some still on babies, in the pool of dung.
2F043BB600000578-3344099-image-a-27_1449135210898.jpg

• SHARE PICTURE

Young babies were also rolled in the dung in the practice, which comes the day after the Hindu festival of Diwali

Groups of villagers gather around the heap and wait for their turn to place their children in the excrement.
The practice continues from dusk until dawn until each child in the village has had their turn.
The bizarre ritual has been followed for centuries and locals says their children have benefited because of the dipping.
2F043D4200000578-3344099-image-a-28_1449135217573.jpg

A man guides his child towards the pile of dung and even picks some of it up, and rubs in into the youngster's forehead

2F043C6600000578-3344099-image-a-29_1449135221618.jpg

A little boy sits in the manure after being thrown in by his parents. Many Hindu preachers believe that cow urine and dung have medicinal properties

The cow is considered one of the most sacred animals in Hinduism and they are worshipped as revered creatures.
Many Hindu preachers believe that cow urine and dung have medicinal properties.
Meanwhile cow slaughter and the consumption of beef is banned in certain parts of India.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Someone once told me that countries that don't consume beef are the poorest.
Countries without babi sure got oil.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think they did it wrong.

They should eat as much of it as possible so that it stays in them forever. I Guess that's how they get the tag shitskins?

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
i.2 billion Indians proved that it cannot be all that bad. Cows are indeed sacred beautiful animals.

Chinese have a tradition of giving their children pounded live house cockcroaches stirred in hot water for medicinal benefits for ages. 1.3 billion Chinese is going strong.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
What sort of cow qualified or works for the kids. Only India cows and what sort of Indian cows?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
no matter what. indian food is the best.
nothing can compare to their long grain basmati rice. once eaten forever smitten. and that is only for starters.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
No joke. why don't you go buy one for the next meal. a small 1 kg packet should do just fine for starters.

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good for them to have such belief :biggrin:
No wonder shit skins smell shit :biggrin:

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Either this is a highly advanced highly intelligent species trying to mask their offspring scent from predators or they are shitskins

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck! Parents do this to their kids????? Voluntarily???? I have no words to describe what I am reading! Fuck, if there is a social care organization in India, please take away the children from their parents. There is something wrong with this community! Fuckheads!

Cheers!

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is appalling.

The Indian village needs to have education reform. People are still living in superstitions.