• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gross Negligence Caused NSF to DIE!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cut cost cut until like this? Should not the poor NSF be sent to hospital by helicopter instead of being told to take bumboat home?

Nothing has changed. Nothing will change. Life for Pink ICers will only get worse as they are being sacrificed and forced to make way for FTrash!

FARK THE FAMILEE!

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Recruit faints and dies in hospital
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><TR>Doctor told family he had swelling in the brain, internal bleeding </TR><!-- Author --><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Teo Wan Gek
</TD></TR><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->When army recruit Liam Kai Zheng called his parents from Pulau Tekong to pick him up from a bus terminal, he sounded perfectly normal.
But when they reached the venue, there was no sign of him. They later found out that he had fainted and had been taken to Changi General Hospital.
The 19-year-old died nine hours later on Friday.
His parents had received a call from their youngest son at around 10pm on Thursday. Said his father, Mr Liam Siok, 60: 'When we reached the bus terminal, we waited for over an hour. Usually, we had to wait only a while so I felt something might be wrong.'
He called another son, Kai Lun, 26, and that was when he heard the tragic news.
Kai Zheng had completed a four-day field camp and checked out of the Basic Military Centre on Pulau Tekong on Thursday night. It had been four weeks since his enlistment.
Kai Lun, a student, said a fellow recruit had told him that his brother had complained of breathlessness on Wednesday and had gone to see a medic.
'The next day, his nose started to bleed and his friends saw it happen more than once during the day. The medic told him to rest again for half an hour before going back to lighter administrative work,' he said.
When Kai Zheng was admitted on Thursday, his temperature had shot up to 42 deg C. The doctor told the family that there was swelling in the brain and the internal organs were bleeding.
During a medical check-up in junior college, he had been found to have high blood pressure. However, he had always led an active lifestyle.
He scored two distinctions in his A levels and had received offers to study at two universities here.
The Singapore Armed Forces is in touch with the family. [email protected]

th_front-clntuc24m.jpg
th_thumbnail-Singapore20Prime20ministe.jpg
th_In-SG-GEORGEm.jpg

jobsFTns.jpg

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is sad to hear a young life was lost because of an oversight by a medic when all external symptoms was obvious something was wrong. Its the damn culture of the SAF that youngsters are dying needlessly in training.

I do hope the medic and whoever attended to him in Tekong gets what they deserve.

jesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is sad to hear a young life was lost because of an oversight by a medic when all external symptoms was obvious something was wrong. Its the damn culture of the SAF that youngsters are dying needlessly in training.

I do hope the medic and whoever attended to him in Tekong gets what they deserve.

No use blaming the medic. Culpability must rest at the very top, otherwise such tragedies will continue to happen.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If this was a 'white horse', they would have resurrected the Bell 47 helicopter, and ferry him, directly to the nearest medical centre helipad on SINgapore Island...

He won't be made to book out, wait for the 'ferry to cross the mersey"...and die along the way..

Anyway, Recruit....bless his soul, has been relived of his earthly sufferings, no more SAF...

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
These few days the weather is unbelievable hot. It could led to many sickness along the way. I cannot imagine going outfield under hot sun! :rolleyes:

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
SAF medical centers still as uncaring as ever? Always think everyone who report sick is keng? KNN. They forget they are doctor. The officers always think low MC = good performance. Now see what happen?

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
It seems that the poor recruit is suffering from over heaty condition. The army should have taken him off training and ATTEND TO HIM IMMEDIATELY when he had fever of 42 degrees.

It is surely a case of failure of duty from the top not to oversee the safety.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal

why medic only? why mo was not been called?
may be mo's policy to filter those who reported sick?
if anything happened, medic got to answer and not the mo?

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best way to stop this crap is to stop NS. Afterall no one in the right frame of mind will defend this dot while FT come here and have an easy way.

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best way to stop this crap is to stop NS. Afterall no one in the right frame of mind will defend this dot while FT come here and have an easy way.

NS is never about defending singapore, it is a way for govenment to have cheap labour.

metadata

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not a comprehensive story so stop assuming things.

I'm a medic in army day and if any nsf have nose bleeding more than once
I would definitely recommend to see MO, frequent nose bleeding is sympton
of brain hamerraging

but as matter of fact medic is just the lowest chain in army life, not much we
can really do

fact is he died in changi hospital, mean he was heli casavac from tekong medical centre, there's alway heli standby for this kind of situation

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal

of brain hamerraging

can really do

fact is he died in changi hospital, mean he was heli casavac from tekong medical centre, there's alway heli standby for this kind of situation

Thanks for giving a more objective view. I agree that in this case, the medic attending to the recruit has to answer for his negligence.

It is an unfortunate incident which could be prevented. Too bad that it has happened, so let's move on..., our MINDEF will say.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was never evacuated! You DUMB FCUKS!

He took a ferry. Recruits are not allowed to take the public ferrys. This recruit very likely was told to go home because they couldn't care for him. But instead of evacuating him to the closest hospital, they gave him a free ticket to take a ferry HOME. Not to a hospital but HOME!

KNCCB! You bloody liars!

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal

of brain hamerraging

can really do

FCUK YOUR MOTHER A MILLION TIMES UNTIL SHE BLEED TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU BASTARD LIAR!

He took a ferry and collapsed at the pier upon arrival on sinkie land.

YOU FCUKING BASTARD. I HOPE YOUR MOTHER AND WIFE DIE FROM VAGINAL BLEEDING DUE TO having a 42 degree temperature!

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal

of brain hamerraging

can really do

You think changi hospital is good? I personally witness a crash victim who walked into Changi Hospital and was asked to waited outside the hopsital until he died. That was more than 10 years ago. The poor family could not believe it as he WAS ABLE TO WALK. The doctors just calmly says he died of internal bleeding. FUCKING DOCTORS, know he is accident victim and DID NOT ATTEND TO HIM IMMEDIATELY.

And to correct your error, HE WAS ASKED TO GO HOME. Not heli evac. The army should be responsible for this case.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Life is cheap in SAF context. For the SAF, he is just a recruit. Even after he died, the family is only compensated at most 100K for the family. That's cheapo cheap!

metadata

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the limited info above I have no idea whether he collapse in tekong or
changi jetty, so I'm just saying if he do collapse in tekong there's heli available.

As medic we are a pitiful lot, we can only recommend
the trainee to consult MO, and very often the CO,WO or PC will not listen
due to our advice, and even if they do go to MO they can be accused of
malingering. Why? becuz both the CO and MO level have report to make,
lot of dropout in exercise and lot of MC given they will have to explain themselves.

Changi hospital is never good, most of the time if they decided to heli you
there mean u are already dead, they just want the hospital to write the
death report.

You think changi hospital is good? I personally witness a crash victim who walked into Changi Hospital and was asked to waited outside the hopsital until he died. That was more than 10 years ago. The poor family could not believe it as he WAS ABLE TO WALK. The doctors just calmly says he died of internal bleeding. FUCKING DOCTORS, know he is accident victim and DID NOT ATTEND TO HIM IMMEDIATELY.

And to correct your error, HE WAS ASKED TO GO HOME. Not heli evac. The army should be responsible for this case.