• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Greeks in Singapore say they've lost faith in their country

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=2]Those in Singapore see no future in Greece; politicians come in for criticism as economy crumbles[/h]
By Yen Feng

Four months ago, Mr George Manousaridis packed his bags and left his home in Thessaloniki, Greece, for Singapore.

His family's clothing business had gone bust, and they had been living off their savings and handouts from the state - 400 euros (S$700) every month.

Every day, a different shop in their street would put up a 'For Rent' sign in the window, said the 23-year-old engineering graduate, a first-year master's student at the National University of Singapore (NUS). He is here on a scholarship from a Dutch university.

There were no jobs to be had, and if there were, they were likely to be part-time, or temporary, he said. 'Many young people, me included, have given up every hope to build their future in Greece.'

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=2]

There were no jobs to be had, and if there were, they were likely to be part-time, or temporary, he said. 'Many young people, me included, have given up every hope to build their future in Greece.'

With this kind of young generation who gives up on their homeland, no wonder greece is in ruins.

Then they come here to leech. You young greeks shame your illustrious ancestors, socrates, pythogaras, archimedes..

Even achillese fought on! Shame on you.

Royalblood

Alfrescian
Loyal
shit man, I sure hope this bunch of freeloader greeks do not come to Singapore...

We are full and they certainly aren't welcome!:oIo:

Avenger

Alfrescian
Loyal
[[Four months ago, Mr George Manousaridis packed his bags and left his home in Thessaloniki, Greece, for Singapore.]]

Singapore is a dumping ground of foreigners.. whether talented or not .. literally...

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[[Four months ago, Mr George Manousaridis packed his bags and left his home in Thessaloniki, Greece, for Singapore.]]

Singapore is a dumping ground of foreigners.. whether talented or not .. literally...

Another post that has a whole sense of truth in it...

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Those in Singapore see no future in Greece; politicians come in for criticism as economy crumbles[/h]
Four months ago, Mr George Manousaridis packed his bags and left his home in Thessaloniki, Greece, for Singapore.
His family's clothing business had gone bust, and they had been living off their savings and handouts from the state - 400 euros (S$700) every month.
.'

Turks, greece are more like turkey than europe, they contribute nothing to EU, they are parasite in europe, all they get is money for their olive tree and crap tobacco.
all they do is take from gov and do not want to pay tax.

die spartan die, kick you out of EU , you turk.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Greece will have to bite the bullet. Who willing? Most of them will not.
All industry going down except tourism.
Pay too high, benefit too much..................... will bankrupt the Greece. So is up the politician and Greece people to decide how much they willing to cut.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What Toa Payoh brothel closely. Very soon they will be throttling out airy-fairy articles about how the european states have proven that welfarism cannot work and will lead to disaster, and then pay a back-handed compliment to the PAP system which despises welfarism.

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well in 5yrs time this fuckers will be Singapore citizens and their entire village will also be here.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=2]Those in Singapore see no future in Greece;....................................'

It was like that in Greece many years ago already. We (my wife and me) used to patronise a greek family-owned fish shop in Canada over ten years ago and the owner was telling me how people there have no jobs and the country is going to the dogs. Obviously we did not foresee it would come to this today.

Not singling Greece itself, I am looking at this as a global and spreading phenomena and I think the world has put too much faith on those who hold an MBA. Just WTF do these guys contribute to the economy? More or better production? Innovative design and concepts? Nah, just selling off capital equipment, outsourcing, lay-offs and other short term solutions to better bottom-line. You guys should start sacking those with MBAs.

Cheers!

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Btw.. Is that SIngaporean lost in the lalang in Greece found? Defiantly a goner already. Murdered or drown somewhere.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the Greeks need a few philosopher kings now.

[video=youtube;N6LUptADIww]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6LUptADIww&feature=related[/video]

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't Lai Dat Lay

Coolies%20at%20Singapore%20River%201930.jpg
rickshaw_0000.jpg

With this kind of young generation who gives up on their homeland, no wonder greece is in ruins.

Then they come here to leech. You young greeks shame your illustrious ancestors, socrates, pythogaras, archimedes..

Even achillese fought on! Shame on you.

Our forefathers also have to leave a wrecked country of origin to come here to 'beg' ... I mean to try their luck here too. Lidat got shame meh ? Poor Pinays also must come and "Yes, mum!" and "Yes, sir !" like the Hainanese what. When you are really running out of money, you will do all sorts of things like driving a cab. Cabby shame meh ? Don't lai dat lay.