• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Grayn Rice Cooker: Healthier Rice that makes rice with reduced sugars

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
That was what I used to believe. However, exercising can only strengthen the heart but not the stomach nor the liver. These 2 organs will give way as we age. It will fail faster if we live to eat. All kind of illness will then pop up. Personally, I got acid reflux, gout ... Thankfully, it was a wake up call to take care of my diet and to use supplement to lessen the burden for my digestive system.

Unless you have some sort of chronic liver infection there is no reason why your liver function should be affected by age unless there are genetic issues.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/liver-problems/symptoms-causes/syc-20374502

Factors that may increase your risk of liver disease include:
  • Heavy alcohol use
  • Injecting drugs using shared needles
  • Tattoos or body piercings
  • Blood transfusion before 1992
  • Exposure to other people's blood and body fluids
  • Unprotected sex
  • Exposure to certain chemicals or toxins
  • Diabetes
  • Obesity

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you need good gut bacteria, try it, it worked for me.
Thanks I did try probiotic. It is more for indigestion. For me my digestive system was screw up because it produces too much digestive juice so probiotic didn't help. Surprising black turtle bean soup works.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unless you have some sort of chronic liver infection there is no reason why your liver function should be affected by age unless there are genetic issues.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/liver-problems/symptoms-causes/syc-20374502

Factors that may increase your risk of liver disease include:
  • Heavy alcohol use
  • Injecting drugs using shared needles
  • Tattoos or body piercings
  • Blood transfusion before 1992
  • Exposure to other people's blood and body fluids
  • Unprotected sex
  • Exposure to certain chemicals or toxins
  • Diabetes
  • Obesity
I indulge in none of the above but had fatty liver. The upper abdomen was so bloated that some fine blood vessels appeared. Ever since watching my diet and taking supplement for liver, it recovered. So was my gout.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
nah... I boiled it down to bad meat.

Everything bad that happens in Singapore is the PAP's fault so I see no reason why your digestive problems should be any different.

It certainly could be bad meat but if the government had proper regulations in place the bad meat would not have reached your mouth in the first place.

ChanRasjid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boss,
the way in which one partake the meals matters as well- folks in SE Asia tend to not ingest the food slowly, they wolf it down and that results in overeating before they feel full.
Genetic disposition aside, these eating habits could be related to learned behaviour passed down from our forefathers.
This is it - eating habits. My niece has 3 children, sec 2, prim 6 and 3 with a lot of tuition classes. Just the other day, I was annoyed that she was asking her son to eat quickly - late for tuition class. I saw half a bowl of rice to be literally swallowed in a minute! Just insane to me. It is well known that if one gulps down food, our digestive system has to strain itself very heavily to digest the food - without help from the enzymes from our saliva , etc. With time, the damage will show itself - diabetes and what not.

I told my niece : "It is well known the prophet Mohammad is always the last to finish eating when eating with others..." and my niece just laughed : "I have no time...". I explained to her. "You people just hurry about all the time and your body has become numb to signals from your body. When you swallow food without chewing it well, your body keeps telling you it is not yet - don't swallow yet - but you can't listen as you are always in a hurry...or looking over your mobile phone.."

It is silly to believe in all the "body of knowledge" from our experts. One day rice is the culprit, then wheat and "grass-based" food; the next day it is sugar, margarine, butter... ending with coconut oil is poison. If it is like this, might as well don't get born into this world to count calories. God Almighty created all food equally good ... bad food is not food.

Don't blame rice, wheat, coconut oil...anything. Blame yourself. When you reach a cliff, do you walk over; do you rest your hands inside a burning furnace; when you see a hard lamppost, do you test how tough your head is by banging your head hard against it. No. Your common sense experience and the sensory perceptions are given to guide you in your living. Animals too are guided intuitively to eat proper food - cows don't eat dogs and dogs don't eat grass ... Man at least should be better than the beast in the wilderness. Don't put the blame on rice, wheat or bread.

Chan Rasjid.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
It certainly could be bad meat but if the government had proper regulations in place the bad meat would not have reached your mouth in the first place.

sounds plausible, but I chose to eat my meat because I've been brought up not wasting food. do I blame my parents for that?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The key is also to exercise to regulate insulin level. I see many sinkies who can't do without rice or some sort of carbo I their diet. but it's really OK if we exercise 45minutes a day. just some stretching or brisk walking can do

When one gets older, you'll probably encounter problems with hormonal levels. For example those with diabetes will have too much insulin & insulin prevents weight loss. So if you want to lose weight you will also need to ensure that you look after your diet.

I'm learning a lot from watching youtube. Take a look at this video which explains one's hormones is important.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it’s true that sinkies wolf down their meals in less than 6.9 minutes. when i’m with family in sg i’m always the last to finish my meal. sinkies are like hungry ghosts. kiasu kiasi nothing left to eat. must rush to sup kar liao. masticate like claire. not masturbate like gin.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
sounds plausible, but I chose to eat my meat because I've been brought up not wasting food. do I blame my parents for that?

Best to blame the PAP. They are used to being blamed for everything and have developed pretty thick skins.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm learning a lot from watching youtube. Take a look at this video which explains one's hormones is important.
I love Dr Berg. .. been a subscriber for more than a year now. He is a big proponent of keto and intermittent fasting. Noticed he's lost even more weight recently. Diet and exercise are both important.