• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[GPGT] GOH MENG SENG criticise Chen Show Mao speech + responses from netizens

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, it seems to be a big irony here. While CSM's first speech about persuading PAP to accept criticisms and used the ancient Chines history as example, insects from his party actually intolerant of criticisms of him and the party now? These insects just happened to jump high and low when that speech was made... what an irony and hypocrisy.

Goh Meng Seng

i doubt all your critcs are from WP .... since it include every1

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The model is flawed, Gerard Ee's committee did not change the model despite categorically stating that they would after the committee was named to undertake the review. Ong Keng Yew, S,pore High Commissioner to Malaysia made it absolutely clear that the committee vindicated the model to rebut Seah Chiang Nee's article in the Star.

I heard the Committee is upset and sought an audience with the PM and is now blogging its rationale. WP party has to be careful not to endorse the model and not go into multiples and others minor variables or reverse engineer to obtain an acceptable amount.

One of the issues who made up the top 1000 and if they included GLCs. The issue is the model, the premise used for remuneration etc. GMS needs yo address the issues and not the personalities.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I have silently lurked soc.culture.singapore when GMS was the MADCOW.Could not agree with his point of view most of the time.When he equated some forummers here to insects very recently; I truly thought he lost his marbles.

This forum may not be full of insects but it's certainly populated by an unusually large number of morons and ignoramuses.

ssrrvv11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have already said, WP's fundamental point of pegging the pay to the civil servant is oxymoron. i.e. there will be conflict of interests if ruling party wants to increase civil servant pay. It is not just simple dollar value.

Listen carefully to Gerald's speech. On one hand, he admitted that very very few government around the world give bonuses to political appointees (except Japan) BUT in the end, WP still agrees to bonuses of maximum 5 months! I have already made myself very clear that political appointees should not be awarded bonuses; if they don't perform, it is the job of voters to vote them out next round.

Goh Meng Seng

gms pap dog,

the voters of tampines grc has (smartly) voted for you to shut up and fuck off. :oIo:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I believe the Opposition has missed a good chance to suggest an amendment to the salary review proposal that is difficult to refute especially if there is no change to the absolute dollar value of the salaries proposed.

bro,

good paragraphs would have made an excellent read.
:smile::smile::smile:

just a couple of questions that bugged me for a while now :o:o:o
how many working adults are there in Singapore? of which, how many are Singaporeans & how many are PRs? next logical question to ask is the number of folks working as civil servants, the stat-boards & GLCs and their peripherals.

seems to me that the party that loses the middle ground loses the game since time immemorial :smile::smile::smile:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zhihau said:
bro,
how many working adults are there in Singapore? of which, how many are Singaporeans & how many are PRs? next logical question to ask is the number of folks working as civil servants, the stat-boards & GLCs and their peripherals.

I could not remember the numbers correctly. If I am not mistaken, there about 1.7 to 1.8 million workers in Singapore, about 40k to 50k civil servants, 100k (?) in GLCs (this number is increasing because of privatization). These are all just off the head. Maybe bros here might have more accurate figures.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP's figures are in no way similar to the review committee's. The RC have asked for bonuses upto 14.5 months while WP has asked for a maximum of 5 months. This is a huge difference!

WP's figures are also based on civil service salaries and they have used MX9 category as a benchmark where minister's salary is 5x of this and PM is 9x. If there is anything that can be seen from this it is that our civil service are well-paid or that Singapore is an expensive place to live in.

What was lacking in CSM's reply is his failure to address the bonus system more robustly. The bonus system is easily attainable, too easy in fact and this makes a mockery of the system.

THere is also the case of the actual 1000 used by the RC. I am certain that GLCs are included and this again makes a mockery of the system. What WP has proposed is sound and transparent with respect to our civil service salaries and the connection between politicians and the civil service.

Last edited:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP's figures are in no way similar to the review committee's. .

May I ask Chen Show Mao to justify why he thinks our PM deserves the highest pay than any other political leader in the entire world ?

Just in case,if he talks of corruption and such than I shall put it to him to prove to me that Obama is corrupt since he is drawing far less than LHL.

Last edited:

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I ask Chen Show Mao to justify why he thinks our PM deserves the highest pay than any other political leader in the entire world ?

Just in case,if he talks of corruption and such than I shall put it to him to prove to me that Obama is corrupt since he is drawing far less than LHL.

WP's stance is that minister salaries should be benchmarked against the civil service salaries. Asking WP about Obama's significance is like asking yur mother why she wears men's crocodile underwear to sleep. There is no significance at all to your question because it lacks relevance. I am of course assuming that your mother wears something other than men's crocodile underwear to sleep.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
This forum may not be full of insects but it's certainly populated by an unusually large number of morons and ignoramuses.
Ah, the potent combination of ignorance and stupidity was never more amply demonstrated than this thread. ...What makes it truly potent is a good helping of hubris, arrogance of WP die hard slaves.I don't know about you but I am not surprised. In fact, I would have been surprised if there was no hysteria by the mindless madness of WP supporters.I would not subscribe to the "I am luckier and I put up with stupidity". First, never put up with stupidity as it only encourages the behavior.

I am more inclined to think your forum is full of such mindless WP supporters.I can't figure out what in there personally for them.If one wants to be with mob mentality .they rather shout for PAP.At least there are some tangible benefits like a priority over HDB que or something.But moronic mob mentality for WP?Sheeesh,can't they see the kind of folks WP MPs are?

You are right,among Sinkies the level of political awareness if not maturity is apathetically way way low. To paraphrase a famous line, 'do not ascribe to stupidity what can adequately be explained by immorality.'

No,I don't think the SDP is a solution to WP;just like many good folks here thinks WP is a solution to PAP.Because politicians are worse than prostitutes.Apology to all prostitutes,since we pay you to f..k you whereas we pay politicians and they f..k us.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP's stance is that minister salaries should be benchmarked against the civil service salaries. Asking WP about Obama's significance is like asking yur mother why she wears men's crocodile underwear to sleep. There is no significance at all to your question because it lacks relevance. I am of course assuming that your mother wears something other than men's crocodile underwear to sleep.

If you are attempting to spice your wit bro; you have lost yourself somewhere between the crocodile and your mother.Couldn't understand your fascination for mummsy's underwear.Sure,you were sucking the right end while you were a wee baby?

Now,Obama's salary has all the relevance to our emperor's.You see,it's called comparative study.If it's still out of your depth,let me explain in terms you would.If you grew seeing your mum wearing crocodile underwear than you ought to find out whether other mums are also wearing such.Yeah,I know it's more difficult to ask your friend's mum to pull down her skirt for you to see.That's why my task is easier to compare global politicians salaries.

Have a nice day .

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I am glad even among the forumers here, there are sensible people who can see the bigger picture.

What PAP has given us is bad medicine but we don't want to change it just for the sake of changing it mindlessly. Changing bad medicine into poison will make us die faster.

Goh Meng Seng

ssrrvv11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am glad even among the grc voters in tampines, there are sensible people who can see the bigger picture.

What PAP has given us is bad medicine but we don't want to change it just for the sake of changing it mindlessly. Changing bad medicine into poison (meaning the NSP grc team in tampines headed by moron gms) will make us die faster.

:wink:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
My time to contribute more constructively. Haven't read much of WP salary stand, but I understand it is the formula difference rather than the amount that was their focus. And most people seem to understand that.

I think the main opposition could have proposed a lower multiplication of 4x and 7x instead of 5x and 9x, in order to avoid confusing the people when the issue that WP's formula derives the same amount as PAP's formula is brought in. They also failed to emphasis that such multiplication benchmarks can be further lowered in future.

Naturally, PAP is on a "high note" after cutting their own salaries, based on my own ground measure of sentiments, and proposing further drastic cuts from what Gerard and gang proposed would reflect badly on WP for scoring points. Scoring points is not wrong, but parties score points only when you have the ground behind you. But as I said a small but distinct differentiation would be good.

I am also of the view that civil service salary is pegged to the private close to 1 on 1 anyway, so this would reflect better than benchmarking to top 1,000. So overall, a good idea by WP.

Any ruling party will be crazy to increase civil service salaries across the board to increase their own salaries if this formula was in place. If civil salaries are higher than private salaries by just a bit too much the impact will be bad because civil service is so huge and overpaying each by a lot would total more than the entire cabinet costs. PAP pegging to private sector is also conflicting since we all know that PAP owns businesses. They might even be tempted to widen the income gap further since they would be riding on the upper part of the gap. So in the end, peg to who?

Therefore, anyone - so far one only - with such a worry is not the right mind. Most countries practice this anyway (pegging to civil service) and seem that only one chap in the whole world is worried.

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am glad even among the grc voters in tampines, there are sensible people who can see the bigger picture.

What PAP has given us is bad medicine but we don't want to change it just for the sake of changing it mindlessly. Changing bad medicine into poison (meaning the NSP grc team in tampines headed by moron gms) will make us die faster.

:wink:

Most forummers here are not sensible lah. Makes me wonder why a fat insect keep flying back in again and again (albeit with much difficulty due to weight) into the company of the senseless all these years.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are attempting to spice your wit bro; you have lost yourself somewhere between the crocodile and your mother.Couldn't understand your fascination for mummsy's underwear.Sure,you were sucking the right end while you were a wee baby?

Now,Obama's salary has all the relevance to our emperor's.You see,it's called comparative study.If it's still out of your depth,let me explain in terms you would.If you grew seeing your mum wearing crocodile underwear than you ought to find out whether other mums are also wearing such.Yeah,I know it's more difficult to ask your friend's mum to pull down her skirt for you to see.That's why my task is easier to compare global politicians salaries.

Have a nice day .

You are lost in yourself. It is you that is fascinated with Obama. To others, including WP, there are other preferred benchmarks. You have yours, others have theirs. It's as simple as that. What is irksome about you though is that you want to ask a question that has no relevance to WP's stance. It is a totally irrelevant question by any measure of intellect.

While I cannot speak for WP, I can understand their stance and perhaps I will try to explain to you why using Obama's salary as a benchmark may lead to inefficiencies. Firstly, our civil service are paid rather well. There are non-elected civil servants that are paid higher than Obama. If you exclude the 'local factor', ie salaries of the civil service then you will inevitably reach a stage where elected civil servants (MPs) are paid less than non-elected MPs. While this may not be an issue for you it may be an issue for others. Even if we allow for long-term office holders in the civil service to eventually earn more than elected MPs, such cases should not be the norm but rather as a consequence of experience and efficacy on the part of the civil servant.

BTW, I mentioned your momma because it rhymes with Obama - just to appease you and your obsession.