• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[GPGT] Ceiling in HDB flat literally came crashing down.....

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
9-ACB73-D8-09-D3-4-F8-F-9220-9082-D23-DF61-A.jpg

https://tinyurI.com/sz6fksr

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Neighbour upstairs overweight?

Looking at the tap and pipes, it should be a very vintage HDB flat. Maybe built in the 1970s or 1980s.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
substandard cement? some sand. not enough gravel and aggregate.

I have noticed that the cement on newer pavements and walkpaths are not very good... it becomes 'brittle' and 'powdery' after a while. The older pavements never experienced such a problem, and they only break if a tree root underneath grew too big.

I think it started around the time when Malaysia stopped exporting sand to Sinkieland for making cement. Sinkieland got the sand from elsewhere and/or started making its own cement.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have noticed that the cement on newer pavements and walkpaths are not very good... it becomes 'brittle' and 'powdery' after a while. The older pavements never experienced such a problem, and they only break if a tree root underneath grew too big.

I think it started around the time when Malaysia stopped exporting sand to Sinkieland for making cement. Sinkieland got the sand from elsewhere and/or started making its own cement.
the art and science of making concrete (that can last for at least 69 years) is lost on sinkie, taiwanese and tiong contractors. never trust concrete mixed and cured among these 3some of cuntries where local contractors bid low to win construction projects with low budgets, unreasonable timelines, and dubious structural and architectural designs.

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
How come never take picture of the hole in the ceiling?

Wonder what is up there.

Shouldn't it be another toilet?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How come never take picture of the hole in the ceiling?

Wonder what is up there.

Shouldn't it be another toilet?
the rebar lines indicate half of the ceiling slab came down while other half is still intact as the "floor" of flat upstairs. so may be no lobang to sexplore and see? this may indicate poor concrete adhesion and or bonding among its composite materials: fine aggregate (usually sand), coarse aggregate (usually gravel), and cement. this concrete failure below has a lack of sand or fine aggregate, as fine aggregate helps to fill up crevices, holes, and spaces between gravel or coarse aggregate and bonds with the cement to make the concrete denser. without fine aggregate, the cement will crack and break away from usually where the rebars and coarse aggregate are as bonding weakens over time. ask any fly by night contractor in sg and jiuhu (don't need to mention prc and tw), and they have no clue what makes good reliable concrete. all they know is anyhow humtum mix this mix that shit. i grew up in my childhood years watching fly by night contractors, foreign workers with hardly any sexperience, and samsui women mixing concrete at construction sites during the early years of hdb construction. amount of materials anyhow humtum. plus they used wooden poles and planks to construct scaffolding and tied them up with wet bamboo strips. no wonder the vertical and horizontal lines were crooked. you can still see crooked lines on hdb blocks that were built in the 60s thru' the 80s.
1582850182380.png

Last edited: