• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Government to reduce vehicle population growth rate from February

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With the huge sums made from COE, where is the investment on public transit? It is time that public transit be a public enterprise. The private sector has made lots of money but have provided little investment.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Targeting road usage is already in place. It's call ERP

I didn't say there is anything wrong with it. I said it should be drastically increased for peak hour usage and the COE should be done away with. Cars should be cheap to own but depending on your usage patterns, may be exorbitant to run.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the huge sums made from COE, where is the investment on public transit? It is time that public transit be a public enterprise. The private sector has made lots of money but have provided little investment.

Can't you see so many MRT lines coming up? Don't you know many buses were bought? You blind is it?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should start charging cars like mobile phones. Charge by the distance it traveled or the time.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should start charging cars like mobile phones. Charge by the distance it traveled or the time.

Soon brother, soon. ERP system utilizing GPS tracking is already on trial in Woodlands now. Hm.... I wonder if any expert can come up with a software to illegally top up the EZLink Card?

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably easier to "Fake" the GPS data. :wink:
Soon brother, soon. ERP system utilizing GPS tracking is already on trial in Woodlands now. Hm.... I wonder if any expert can come up with a software to illegally top up the EZLink Card?

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
If population size continues with the PAPzis embrace of free and easy citizenship, PRs and jobs for foreigners then we should expect the public transport system to face even more troubles in the months and years ahead. The PAPzis have poorly planned for the future of Singapore for its low and middle income earners.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They don't get it. Or more accurately: they don't want to get it. They don't want to solve problems. What they want to do is leech more money from those gullible enough to play into their hands.

I think this has already been established. It's plain obvious they want to leech more and is there any move to prevent foreigners from coming in? Of course not.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The government should set an example ...all ministers are required to use public transportation. When they do that, sinkees will drop their jaws and applaud them. It will never happen as the PAP is the entitled party.

jw5

Loyal
The government should set an example ...all ministers are required to use public transportation. When they do that, sinkees will drop their jaws and applaud them. It will never happen as the PAP is the entitled party.

Like that who will want to sacrifice their wonderful talents and careers and be a ministar?

You might as well ask them to take the same pay as those guys in the 1970s!

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like that who will want to sacrifice their wonderful talents and careers and be a ministar?

You might as well ask them to take the same pay as those guys in the 1970s!

The solution is not difficult...remove the car parks esp in town area and problem will be solved...carparks can be revamped to create extra biz space where more jobs can be created...