• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Government propaganda galore at CBD to renounce their faults

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
8 artists display works at exhibition in the business district

SINGAPORE: Eight Singapore artists voice their opinions on issues such as the US financial meltdown, the China food—scare and the cost of living in Singapore with specially—created works at a recent exhibition in the business district.

While the exhibition may look like a photo from a crime scene, it is actually part of an album called "Sleeping Around" to reflect a growing problem of poverty, and the homeless sleeping in the streets.

Artist Lim Shengen said: "I try to make use of humour to actually attract people’s attention to see how serious this issue is. Basically I’m sleeping around, wearing pyjamas, going around the streets. People came up to me and asked me whether I was okay because I was lying down in very public spaces and they were quite curious. They thought I was mentally challenged."

But that’s far from what all the art works were trying to achieve.

One artist scratched polaroids of beautiful faces to criticise the beauty industry.

Another took apart a red T—shirt, inspired by the financial crisis.

All eight works were commissioned by "The Economist", a UK weekly news magazine as part of its international campaign to promote independent opinions on global issues.

Organisers said most visitors have been pleasantly surprised to see a free art exhibition in the middle of Singapore’s central business district especially as this spot is usually taken over by credit card companies for their road shows and promotions. — CNA/vm