• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gordon Lightfoot RIP

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Some people may not know his name, but I am sure they have heard the beautiful songs he wrote and sang.

Gordon Meredith Lightfoot Jr. CC OOnt was a Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist who achieved international success in folk, folk-rock, and country music. He is credited with helping to define the folk-pop sound of the 1960s and 1970s.

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some people may not know his name, but I am sure they have heard the beautiful songs he wrote and sang.

Gordon Meredith Lightfoot Jr. CC OOnt was a Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist who achieved international success in folk, folk-rock, and country music. He is credited with helping to define the folk-pop sound of the 1960s and 1970s.

Nice. Just piped into my Beoplay again :biggrin:

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
Two things :

KNN, I need to collect royalty from you. Keep benefitting from the nice songs I post, KNN
KNN, that's an expensive set of headphones! So spendthrift, KNN:biggrin:
Never knew that headphones can be so power. Tried it, liked it, bought it. No regrets. Probably will stay with me till I kick the bucket. My first and last. :biggrin:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Never knew that headphones can be so power. Tried it, liked it, bought it. No regrets. Probably will stay with me till I kick the bucket. My first and last. :biggrin:
My friend bought a set of Bose headphones, said they are noise cancelling. He spent over SGD400+ I was aghast! You are another one!:eek::biggrin: I am happy with my $5 ear buds from aliexpress.:biggrin:

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend bought a set of Bose headphones, said they are noise cancelling. He spent over SGD400+ I was aghast! You are another one!:eek::biggrin: I am happy with my $5 ear buds from aliexpress.:biggrin:
Beoplay N95 noise cancelling is 100%. I don't even have to bother with what she's saying at my home because I can't hear nothing except what is being piped from my mobile phone to the N95 :biggrin:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Beoplay N95 noise cancelling is 100%. I don't even have to bother with what she's saying at my home because I can't hear nothing except what is being piped from my mobile phone to the N95 :biggrin:
Yes, that was exactly what my friend said too! Cancel out his wife's nagging. Hmmmm, maybe I should get one too. :biggrin:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I dunno him leh.... Only knew folk songs like this.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I dunno him leh.... Only knew folk songs like this.

Oh yes, that is a great rendition! From the movie Inside Llewyn Davis. This other version by a few Japs is nice too (from 1990s I think). Plain acoustic version and featured in the movie Bullet Train from 2022.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
He was elderly, but almost as good as during his prime.
He is a Canadian legend.
May his memory be eternal.
Cheers.
His song writing, voice and guitar playing were top class. But he didn't age well. He was good looking, well into his middle age. Then he kinda shriveled and looked like a "menacing warlock". He will forever be remembered for his beautiful voice and songs.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not many individuals are blessed with good genes to age well, look more youthful than their physical age, and able to retain the good features as though they were in their 40s.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Old farts are up lorry .... when is your time... let us know... 一脚踢你快点上 lorry

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

Anything for Love · Gordon Lightfoot East Of Midnight ℗ 1981 Warner Records Inc. Guitar: Bob Mann Keyboards, Producer: David Foster Guitar, Producer: Gordon Lightfoot Keyboards: James Newton-Howard Percussion: Lenny Castro Organ: Lou Pomanti Guitar: Michael Landau Harmony Vocals: Richard Marx Keyboards: Tom Szczesniak Saxophone: Vern Dorge Writer: Gordon Lightfoot

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
all the old farts here finally revealing their age LOL
I believe that all individuals should feel blessed to live beyond age 50, or 60, or past compulsory retirement age.
Whether or not by posting or actually disclosing a person's age, it is inevitable to grow older.