• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good or bad planning only can be realised 5 or 10 yrs later.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE class=forumline cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=row1 vAlign=top align=left width=150>whypaymore

</TD><TD class=row1 vAlign=top width="100%" height=28><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"> Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:57 pm Post subject: Good or bad planning only can be realised 5 or 10 yrs later.</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap> </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Look at stop at 2, I considered it as bad planning and no we have to bring in FT to replaced the shortage of babies.

Look at medical degree, I considered it as bad palnning, we limit the number of students study medicine. Top student Chen Show Mao is a victim of bad planning, he wanted to study medicine and was rejected. Now we are hiring doctors from 3rd world country like indian and pinoy. I am not sure these doctors are really doctor, the way they handle a patient are so much different from singaporean trained doctor by NUS.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

davetan3

Alfrescian
Loyal
At that time, a lot of top students were rejected, so as to spread the talent pool to other sectors. Whether that was a good or bad policy I don't know enough to say.

However, I thought he was not a citizen then but a PR or study visa.
Nowadays, if PRC PR or student get in medicine, lots of netizens will complain about depriving Singaporeans of a place, all the more since the course is so heavily subsidised.

by acting on that complaint, will we not creat more examples of Chen Show Mao?

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok let me get this straight... Deserving singaporeans who desired to get into medicine cannot get in, good or not, you dunno enough to say. PRC that get full subsidy, you know enough to say that it is like depriving us of the next CSM...

I know enough to say you are full of shit! :oIo:

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
<TABLE class=forumline cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=row1 vAlign=top align=left width=150>whypaymore

</TD><TD class=row1 vAlign=top width="100%" height=28><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"> Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:57 pm Post subject: Good or bad planning only can be realised 5 or 10 yrs later.</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap> </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Look at stop at 2, I considered it as bad planning and no we have to bring in FT to replaced the shortage of babies.

Look at medical degree, I considered it as bad palnning, we limit the number of students study medicine. Top student Chen Show Mao is a victim of bad planning, he wanted to study medicine and was rejected. Now we are hiring doctors from 3rd world country like indian and pinoy. I am not sure these doctors are really doctor, the way they handle a patient are so much different from singaporean trained doctor by NUS.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Its not bad planning, it was deliberately set up like that. PAP policy is to restrict uni space and graduates back than. There were several reasons:
- Too many uni students can be politically bad for them. In every country, its the young uni students that take to the street to protest for political change. SO, the fewer students u have, the better. Only 5% of all Primary 1 students end up in NUS at that time, the only school. In Korea, this number is closer to 30%, and over 20% for Taiwan.
- Universities are money losers, and in the profit minded PAP, the less unis u have, the mor emoney u save.
- NUS Medical degree programs are usually promoted to the children of elites. Restricting admission to the program to mostly elite kids ensure their status in society. U can see there are many singaporean doctors that are in it for the money, and are also from priveliged backgrounds. i am not sure these drs. would have been admitted to a medical school in a western country.