• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good news to all drivers...no more jams

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
In one of the most widespread price increases in recent memory, electronic road-pricing (ERP) rates will go up by $1 per car at 23 gantries, or about one third of the total network next month.

Usually, ERP rate adjustments - which are done every quarter and for school holidays - affect anywhere from three to a dozen gantries.

Rated are raised when speeds on a particular road or area fall below an optimal range, and lowered when they fall back within that range.
(Can anyone tell me historically which ERP gantry's rate got lowered when the speed return to optimal level?)

Rubbish from mypaper truncated...

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My friend drivers always complain:"Cb carpark so ex, ERP so ex.... etc etc"
I told them:"But you can afford a car what, so you can afford all these lah"
My friends:"............................."

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes ERP rates rise and fall according to the traffic situation.

Its the same with GRCs. The size and shape of the GRC changes according to demographic changes. There is nothing strange or sinister about it. The process is entirely transparent.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My friend drivers always complain:"Cb carpark so ex, ERP so ex.... etc etc"
I told them:"But you can afford a car what, so you can afford all these lah"
My friends:"............................."

Agree. Car installment/insurance/road tax( fix expenses for car) are at least 2 times higher than usage cost- petrol/car park/ERP.
If can afford make car installment sure can afford ERP charge.
Hope that is traffic not improve up by another $1. So do the parking charge double up the current rate or make it island wide $1 per 30min same as CDB area.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
why worry,most sinkees just loved to be farked by pappy and somemore say thank u!

Sinkees v chao kuan one la. Every general erection, got 66% of voters will rub lubricant into their assholes, bend over and invite PAPpy dogs to ram.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
In one of the most widespread price increases in recent memory, electronic road-pricing (ERP) rates will go up by $1 per car at 23 gantries, or about one third of the total network next month.

Usually, ERP rate adjustments - which are done every quarter and for school holidays - affect anywhere from three to a dozen gantries.

Rated are raised when speeds on a particular road or area fall below an optimal range, and lowered when they fall back within that range.
(Can anyone tell me historically which ERP gantry's rate got lowered when the speed return to optimal level?)

Rubbish from mypaper truncated...
This is what I have noticed. Up to a month ago,the traffic on pie was very smooth. Then all the sudden last month the traffic suddenly increased and time from tampines to cte increased from 12minites to 19minutes!

I think lta has a lot of phantom drivers and every time they want to justify for fee hike, they will just get these people to jam the traffic.

LonewolfAlfa

Alfrescian
Loyal
$1 wont make a diff lah. after 1 day all those drivers will not be able to bear taking the MRT and will cut down on something. Maybe save less $ and will be back on the roads again.

Singaporeans are very rich and have lots of saving. the increase needs to be at least $5 in order to have any slight effect.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another alternative is to put a "meter" on each car. Owner pays as much as he drives. This will be fair all around and ensure that those who really cannot afford it not to buy a car and take public transport.

Another alternative is to promote car pooling to reduce car volumes during peak hours.

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
A lady driver once told me that she would rather be stuck in a traffic jam than squeeze like sardine inside the MRT. At least in the traffic jam, she has room to breath in her car.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another alternative is to put a "meter" on each car. Owner pays as much as he drives. This will be fair all around and ensure that those who really cannot afford it not to buy a car and take public transport.

Another alternative is to promote car pooling to reduce car volumes during peak hours.

Car pooling. Many are selfish All will want the car on weekend and holiday.,
Let the car rental handle it if those really need car on certain day. If renting car for few days a month still cheaper than buying one. Insurance/usage.....all will be calculated nicely.
The toll on causeway should increase to par with 2nd link. Currently too cheap many also jam up the causeway. make the causeway both way pay with the same rate as the 2nd link. So many user will choose which more better route for them not to driving from Tuas to Woodland just to save toll.
Wasting petrol/energy/more pollution/wasting time.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A lady driver once told me that she would rather be stuck in a traffic jam than squeeze like sardine inside the MRT. At least in the traffic jam, she has room to breath in her car.

Blame gov/SMRT too slow to act on public transport. Should increase the train trip.
Why they can suddenly increase the train trip when YOG?
Why not increase it daily? All just because SMRT try to pack as many as they can with limited train.