• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Good Catholic Minister Edwin Tong Meets With Holy Pope In Vatican City! Majulah PAP!

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
20150907_PAP_EdwinTong_JamieChan016.jpg

DISGUSTING INCOMPETENT MOTHER FUCKING CUNT!

ZhongGuoWang

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 130695

[Baciamano]
I was honoured to have been granted a 'Baciamano' (a brief Audience) with His Holiness Pope Francis this morning at the Vatican City. Pope Francis was warm, humble, and personable. He had a kind word or gesture for everyone, and made it a point to warmly welcome everyone in the Singapore delegation.

Pope Francis and I chatted briefly about social cohesion, multi religiosity and harmony, issues in which we have a deep mutual interest. His Holiness' teachings on universal love, reconciliation, peace and solidarity, are profoundly explored in his third Encyclical, Fratelli Tutti.
Fratelli Tutti aims to promote a universal aspiration toward fraternity and social friendship, concluding that the time has come to “dream, then, as a single human family”.

These teachings resonate strongly with a multicultural and religiously diverse Singapore. His unwavering outreach and a strong heart for the last, the lost and the least in each community are valuable learning points for our own society. These teachings transcend the Catholic faith, and indeed, any one single faith alone; they have a true universal, timeless relevance.

Our Singapore delegation, including Non Resident Ambassador Janet Ang, also attended the General Papal Audience, the first of the new year. We will continue our meetings at the Vatican as we work on fostering closer ties with the Holy See.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm just curious how Paul's teachings might differ from Jesus.

Paul took Christ's teachings to a whole new level. I sometimes wonder if that was what Jesus actually intended. Paul was the one who gave Jesus a cult status and made Christians worship Jesus as God. But was that what Jesus wanted? He came to fulfill a mission, which is to become a sin offering and die. He completed his task, and God brought him back to life again. After spending 40 days with his disciples, he ascended into the sky and disappeared. That is the end of the man Jesus. He then sent the Holy Spirit upon the disciples and the rest is history. But have Christians really asked themselves if Paul got it right? Anyone who questions or challenges his teachings are branded a heretic. Christians throughout the ages have been worshipping Jesus as their idol. He must be horrified by this as that was the very thing he came to abolish. Worship is only to God alone. Yes, Jesus is God IN THE SPIRIT, but Christians seem to be worshipping Jesus the man who walked on earth 2000 years ago. If you are a believer, you have the Holy Spirit in you. The same Holy Spirit that was in Christ. You can have direct access to God just like Jesus when he was in the world. You do not need to worship Him because you have already become Him through the Holy Spirit. That's the true essence of Christianity - Becoming Christ. But how come most Christians throughout the ages have been living a defeated spiritual life and is constantly struggling with their flesh and their ego when Jesus had already overcome that? Where's the victory and power? That's why I stopped attending church and decided to look for answers myself.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
. But was that what Jesus wanted? He came to fulfill a mission, which is to become a sin offering and die.
Christians throughout the ages have been worshipping Jesus as their idol. He must be horrified by this as that was the very thing he came to abolish.

How do you know Jesus "must" be horried? Just because you insisted so?

You are also posting contradictory messages. First you said, Jesus came to fulfill a mission as sin offering and die. Next, his mission was to abolish idolatry. By the time of Jesus' ministry, the worship of Baal and other Canaanite gods was already in steep decline. The Jews, as a community, have been following the Torah.

But how come most Christians throughout the ages have been living a defeated spiritual life and is constantly struggling with their flesh and their ego when Jesus had already overcome that? Where's the victory and power? That's why I stopped attending church and decided to look for answers myself.

Your spiritual walk with Jesus is between you and yourself. You don't need to use prominent characters in history books to reassure yourself or feel condemned because they did bad things.

There's no power and no victory spiritually if you are forever living in self condemnation and always trying to earn your salvation, and try to justify your salvation by works, dietary laws and rituals. They certainly do not make you a better person.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
How do you know Jesus "must" be horried? Just because you insisted so?

You are also posting contradictory messages. First you said, Jesus came to fulfill a mission as sin offering and die. Next, his mission was to abolish idolatry. By the time of Jesus' ministry, the worship of Baal and other Canaanite gods was already in steep decline. The Jews, as a community, have been following the Torah.

Your spiritual walk with Jesus is between you and yourself. You don't need to use prominent characters in history books to reassure yourself or feel condemned because they did bad things.

There's no power and no victory spiritually if you are forever living in self condemnation and always trying to earn your salvation, and try to justify your salvation by works, dietary laws and rituals. They certainly do not make you a better person.
Pagans and polytheists like yourself can never understand the bible and sieve out its contradictions.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Pagans and polytheists like yourself can never understand the bible and sieve out its contradictions.

And yet, it is the moslems who are polytheists and pagans, engaging in idolatry and polytheism in their core islamic practices.

The God of the Bible and Torah is known as "I Am Who I am". The islamic god, on the other hand, repeatedly describes itself as "We".

The moslem god is either gods, or just some loser resorting to plurality or polytheism to inflate its self worth.

Majulah

Alfrescian
Loyal
instead of reading other so call hole-lee buy-ber or kor-run we all should study the Vedas , which consists of 4 holy books.
  • The Rig Veda
  • The Samaveda
  • Yajurveda
  • Atharvaveda

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
These gods are bigger than hole-lee pope
View attachment 130863

While I don't subscribe to the hindu beliefs, I nonetheless recognize their resilience in the face of 800 years of enduring genocide committed against them by waves of moslem invaders to steal their land, steal their shrines and destroy their religion.