• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Good Bumi Najib Rejects Retirement Fief Worth S$33M Fully Funded By Jiuhu Taxpayers! Oppies Still Think PAP Is Overpaid?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1637371512131.png

KUALA LUMPUR - Najib Razak said on Friday (Nov 19) that he will withdraw his request for a residence from the government allegedly worth RM100 million (S$32.5 million) despite being entitled to the property as a former Malaysian prime minister.

The award of the land and funds to build a house on it sparked controversy just days before Saturday's state election in Melaka, where Najib is leading the Umno-led Barisan Nasional (BN) coalition’s campaign.

He told a press conference in Melaka that he had “made a decision to reject the offer”.

“I realise and understand that while the people are facing tough times, the nation’s priority is the people,” he said, adding that the issue was being politicised due to the Melaka polls, as he had made the request for the land and house in 2018 after he became the first Umno president to lose a general election.

Critics such as former premier Mahathir Mohamad and opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim claimed the Umno-led government had approved the RM100 million award.

But Finance Minister Tengku Zafrul Aziz told Parliament on Thursday the matter had been discussed in Cabinet, but refused to state if it was finalised. He also seemed to indicate that the request came to light only recently, and hence was not accounted for in Budget 2022 which was tabled on Oct 29.

De facto Law Minister Wan Junaidi Wan Jaafar said on Friday that the government had “shown the former premier three pieces of land”.

“In principle, the Cabinet has agreed to grant the former premier his request on the ground of his right under law.
However, I must stress that this decision is not final and is subject to further deliberation and final approval,” he said in a statement.

Datuk Seri Junaidi added that the Cabinet has decided to establish a committee to “review the proposed guidelines” for the provision of land and residential houses for former prime ministers.

Najib also insisted he chose the plot based on its suitability and was not aware of its valuation.

“I came to know (of the value) after it was publicised,” he said.

The housing entitlement for former prime ministers was enacted in 2003, a few months before Tun Dr Mahathir stepped aside for Tun Abdullah Badawi. But Dr Mahathir claimed on Thursday that “during my tenure, I had not even once asked for a house and I depended on my pension”.

The Straits Times has learnt that the Najib government approved a plot of land in Kuala Lumpur and RM10 million to build a home for Mr Abdullah, his immediate predecessor who resigned in 2009.

Dr Mahathir claimed that Najib’s pick was valued at RM60 million, with RM40 million allocated to construct a residence.

“How can the government allocate such gifts to a former prime minister; to a convicted person?” he said, referring to Najib’s guilty verdict related to the 1Malaysia Development Berhad scandal. He was sentenced to 12 years' jail but is appealing against the judgment and remains a member of Parliament.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/s...-najib-turns-down-house-and-land-after-uproar

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
He already has a billion dollars he doesn't need another 33 million.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He already has a billion dollars he doesn't need another 33 million.

I brought up this case to remind oppies that PAP politicians are NOT the highest paid politicians in the world. After accounting for bribes and embezzled cash stolen from taxpayers, politicians from our neighbouring countries have cost their own countries so much more than PAP politicians.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I brought up this case to remind oppies that PAP politicians are NOT the highest paid politicians in the world. After accounting for bribes and embezzled cash stolen from taxpayers, politicians from our neighbouring countries have cost their own countries so much more than PAP politicians.

I fully agree. PAP politicians are the most transparent in the world. Their remuneration is public knowledge and they receive zero illicit rewards in any shape or form.

That is why I repeatedly remind everyone that the PAP is the best of the best!

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sound like a good PM. Why those Chinese like to stir trouble with such a good country and good govt? :mad:

Majulah

Alfrescian
Loyal
agreed ppapp pretenders are not the highest paid politicians in the world , but they are certainly among the highly paid group which include those who
loot the country.
ordinary folks have no say in how much politicians wanted to pay themselves. whether high ly , extravagantly paid politician is considered corrupted or
straight solely depends on the aspectt of the social and financial wellbeing of the citizens ,, do we have low pay workers unable to pay medical bill ,
are there people struggling to pay hdb loan , elect/water bills ,etc ?
if you can answer there are none , then those politicians have proved their worth and maybe deserve more .

Last edited:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
60 million for the land and 40 million for the house...m&ds sure are generous with their ex PMs.. where will the land be? And the house is a palace?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
60 million for the land and 40 million for the house...m&ds sure are generous with their ex PMs.. where will the land be? And the house is a palace?
That piece of land is just 5 minutes away from bukit bintang. Nut its next to the higgway. Good petential for future development if jiu hu does not crumble first.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come on, he deserves to get this, considering the amount of foreign investments he had brought into Malaysia during his term of governance. Honestly, during that period, almost every Malaysian had benefited from it in one way or another.

Anyway, I anticipate him to be back as the PM of Malaysia again within the next 3 years. Mamak Kutty can then go and bang his own balls into his coffin or he had better to leave Malaysia and be a fugitive. Otherwise, he should be prepared to go to Jail even at that age.

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
agreed ppapp pretenders are not the highest paid politicians in the world , but they are certainly among the highly paid group which include those who
loot the country.

Yet most oppies, argue that PAP are the highest paid politicians in the world by a large margin. Are they that stupid to believe that other ASEAN politicians receive only their government pay and don't take bribes? The PAP politicians do not take bribes or kickbacks in any form. Whatever pay they receive from public service is the total pay they receive from the government in any form.

Come on, he deserves to get this, considering the amount of foreign investments he had brought into Malaysia during his term of governance. Honestly, during that period, almost every Malaysian had benefited from it in one way or another.

By that logic, PM Lee should receive hundreds of millions of dollars for his retirement package. Yet, the PM Lee receives around $2 million dollars year in total, including benefits. There isn't a $33 million retirement bonus waiting for retired PAP politicians.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Anyway, I anticipate him to be back as the PM of Malaysia again within the next 3 years. Mamak Kutty can then go and bang his own balls into his coffin or he had better to leave Malaysia and be a fugitive. Otherwise, he should be prepared to go to Jail even at that age.
I think it was the reverse.
Badawi brought in more investors than najib.including from arab countries.
Under badawi, foreigners, mostly chinese and hongkies were buying up properties as minimum threshold foreigners can buy was RM500k, so most developers target that price to sell their condos.
Plus no need visa under badawi for visitors from china and indua.
Najib imposed visa and made money by privatizing visa processing and increased minimum threshold to RM1 mil causing a glut.
China companies started leaving the country during najib's time.
Najib and his vice zahid were making money on the side from immigrant workers too.
And i was told, genting fox theme park was delayed as needed to go through rosmah for immigrant workers.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yet most oppies, argue that PAP are the highest paid politicians in the world by a large margin. Are they that stupid to believe that other ASEAN politicians receive only their government pay and don't take bribes? The PAP politicians do not take bribes or kickbacks in any form. Whatever pay they receive from public service is the total pay they receive from the government in any form.

By that logic, PM Lee should receive hundreds of millions of dollars for his retirement package. Yet, the PM Lee receives around $2 million dollars year in total, including benefits. There isn't a $33 million retirement bonus waiting for retired PAP politicians.
PAP ministars get pension.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
PAP ministars get pension.

Not for those elected after GE2011. The removal of pensions for cabinet ministers took effect from 21 May 2011. And the amount of pension they each get is way below the S$33 million grant given to retired jiuhu PMs, excluding whatever pension benefits they officially get.

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think the Jib Kor effect clinched the victory for BN in the Malacca polls.

BN was the original winner of Malacca in the last GE. They lost power when elected BN politicians switched sides during the term.

BN can form the Malacca state government for now, until some of their assemblymen decides to switch sides for more benefits.