• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Golden Period of migrating to Australia over

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
nah, don see angmoh too up. Never did they realize that apartment living are better than owning land. Only recently the Asians style of apartment living seems to appeal to them.

Imagine 2 sq km fit 15,000 population justify all buses and train services to build into the suburb. How many square km required to fit 15,000 population if each family owns 100sqm of land and how many buses operators and train stops required to service just 15,000 population. 算得来。

:confused:

Apartments are for asians only. Of course you have to build hundreds on a block, otherwise the high strata fees will kill the owners.

Low rise is due to council planning restrictions.

Not all OZ cities have enough population base to sell within the same ethnic groups.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If living in a big city n close to the cbd appt living is no choice. But ang mors like big back yards n also alot of asians do as they say in asia i live in apt..y would i live in apt when i am here? Than they take up gardening n all tat crap n become like ang mor..also the middle class asians are moving to outer suburbs due to housing affordability etc..so become ang mor leow..apartmemts in perth is still a novelty. A limited market as old apartments in the city r occupied by lower economic segments. New apartment are by higher class members...so all in all quite niche..most average aussies will try n buy those home n land packages in an inner city suburb..distance is a tyranny..of course if u can work from home than u can stay outer suburbs n go more for lifestyle.

nah, don see angmoh too up. Never did they realize that apartment living are better than owning land. Only recently the Asians style of apartment living seems to appeal to them.

Imagine 2 sq km fit 15,000 population justify all buses and train services to build into the suburb. How many square km required to fit 15,000 population if each family owns 100sqm of land and how many buses operators and train stops required to service just 15,000 population. 算得来。

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If living in a big city n close to the cbd appt living is no choice. But ang mors like big back yards n also alot of asians do as they say in asia i live in apt..y would i live in apt when i am here? Than they take up gardening n all tat crap n become like ang mor..also the middle class asians are moving to outer suburbs due to housing affordability etc..so become ang mor leow..apartmemts in perth is still a novelty. A limited market as old apartments in the city r occupied by lower economic segments. New apartment are by higher class members...so all in all quite niche..most average aussies will try n buy those home n land packages in an inner city suburb..distance is a tyranny..of course if u can work from home than u can stay outer suburbs n go more for lifestyle.

You can still get a 900m2 block within 8km from Perth CBD. $1m.

If you do not mind paying $2000 per quarter for strata to live in an apartment, it is your choice.
But I will not want to live close to inner city angmos in apartments, The retirees are fine, the latte drinkers will think you owe them a living.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U brought up a good point that for atas apartment living, its popular with retirees and YUPPIES and the latte drinking crowd,,,i hate strata that is why i avoid units etc,,,green title is still best,,,

You can still get a 900m2 block within 8km from Perth CBD. $1m.

If you do not mind paying $2000 per quarter for strata to live in an apartment, it is your choice.
But I will not want to live close to inner city angmos in apartments, The retirees are fine, the latte drinkers will think you owe them a living.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Land value increase, building value decrease. Don't forget strata fees can increase as well due to maintenance cost.

U brought up a good point that for atas apartment living, its popular with retirees and YUPPIES and the latte drinking crowd,,,i hate strata that is why i avoid units etc,,,green title is still best,,,

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why do u think I say avoid apartments and units? Strata properties are crap,,and worth less than a green title home in the medium term..those on good location can still 'tong' but compare to a green title on the same street...the value will be less,,,

Land value increase, building value decrease. Don't forget strata fees can increase as well due to maintenance cost.

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes. WRT my previous post, The quarterly strata fees used to cost $1200. But went up as the building ages.

Perth apartments are unlike Sydney. They are marketed as luxury because of fewer units and small blocks and building height restrictions.