• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Meng Seng mentors Nicole Seah on issues of pride and prejudice

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
For a million bucks over 4 years plus pension, lots of people will take shits, even excreta. Will she take a couple of excreta on her face?

You may be talking about yourself but I certainly wouldn't want to put up with shit for a measly million bucks over 4 years.

Tin Pei Ling has a higher calling and that is to help the people of Singapore. That's why she ignores the criticism and simply gets on with the job at hand.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP chooses competent people to begin with so it goes without saying that they can easily get well paid jobs should they not succeed in winning a seat.

Well, then these failures should get a job in the private sector instead of depending on jobs from arranged by the PAP.

The opposition scrapes the bottom of the barrel so failed candidates go back to the bottom the barrel if they fail in politics.

There are more capable people out there then you realized. I rather have representatives who have a heart and brains (Opposition) than those who pretend to have brains (PAP).

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Well, then these failures should get a job in the private sector instead of depending on jobs from arranged by the PAP.

There are more capable people out there then you realized. I rather have representatives who have a heart and brains (Opposition) than those who pretend to have brains (PAP).

The arsehole doctor is back operating on arseholes isn't he?

Those in the private sector go back to the private sector. Those in the public sector go back to the public sector.

Why should anyone be obliged to change careers in mid life just because they didn't succeed in politics.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tin Pei Ling has had no problems dealing with shit at a young age. She had more shit piled upon her in the run up to the election than any other candidate.

She dealt with it all with aplomb.

Tin Pei Ling had the whole machinery of the PAP behind her. She probably received plenty of advice and was rightfully told to keep her head down, keep a low profile, shut the fuck up and just walk the ground. During the GE 2011 run up, Tin Pei Ling did not deal with it well at all. She made a posting during cooling-off day and had to blame it on somebody else - that was despicable.

It is different for Nicole Seah because she's not in the door yet. Unlike Tin Pei Ling who had been prepped for stardom for many years. Nicole suddenly got pushed into the limelight. Remember that as of March 2011, she was complete unknown and as of May 2011, she was the most "liked" Singapore politician on facebook. She didn't have an agenda and she needed to find one. She was working a day job. NSP didn't know what the fuck it was doing. GMS left. Hazel left. She and Jeanette are the only big names in the party who do not have reputations for being bumbling idiots. She had to forge a career, and she had to shoulder a lot of the burden of steering NSP, and she had to do all that NGO stuff. Of course the stress of being Nicole Seah is immense.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
The arsehole doctor is back operating on arseholes isn't he?

Those in the private sector go back to the private sector. Those in the public sector go back to the public sector.

Why should anyone be obliged to change careers in mid life just because they didn't succeed in politics.

There you go - you said it all.

Nicole Seah fails to win a seat - she goes back, redoubles efforts, tries to make herself and her party more electable for 2016.
Koh Poh Koon goes back to life as usual. A seat in parliament was just an ECA to him anyway.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Tin Pei Ling had the whole machinery of the PAP behind her. She probably received plenty of advice and was rightfully told to keep her head down, keep a low profile, shut the fuck up and just walk the ground. During the GE 2011 run up, Tin Pei Ling did not deal with it well at all. She made a posting during cooling-off day and had to blame it on somebody else - that was despicable.

It is different for Nicole Seah because she's not in the door yet. Unlike Tin Pei Ling who had been prepped for stardom for many years. Nicole suddenly got pushed into the limelight. Remember that as of March 2011, she was complete unknown and as of May 2011, she was the most "liked" Singapore politician on facebook. She didn't have an agenda and she needed to find one. She was working a day job. NSP didn't know what the fuck it was doing. GMS left. Hazel left. She and Jeanette are the only big names in the party who do not have reputations for being bumbling idiots. She had to forge a career, and she had to shoulder a lot of the burden of steering NSP, and she had to do all that NGO stuff. Of course the stress of being Nicole Seah is immense.

Nicole Seah had an even better advisor in Goh Meng Seng but she obviously chose not to listen.

At the end of the day, advice can only go that far. An aspiring politician still has to deliver the goods. Tin Pei Ling has done wonders. Nicole Seah has had a meltdown.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nicole Seah had an even better advisor in Goh Meng Seng but she obviously chose not to listen.

At the end of the day, advice can only go that far. An aspiring politician still has to deliver the goods. Tin Pei Ling has done wonders. Nicole Seah has had a meltdown.

The extent of Goh Meng Seng's advice would be to do nothing in order to avoid stepping on the toes of the useless old guard. It's a good thing that Nicole didn't heed that. Or rather, she just did what she wants.

Tin Pei Ling has not done wonders. All she had to do was to stop being an idiot, although that was more than what some other PAP folk have done.

Nicole Seah got to where she was on her own merits. She was not married to an admin service big shot, and she is the public face of a political party. The way that Goh Chok Tong referred to NSP as the Nicole Seah Party ostensibly an insult to the party but it is also a tribute to her.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
She was not married to an admin service big shot,

Marrying an admin service big shot is a master stroke and credit goes to Tin Pei Ling for pulling it off.

Forming strategic alliances is part and parcel of the development of any career. She has built a solid foundation from which she can launch herself to greater heights.

Nicole, on the other hand, is heading in the other direction.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GMS made several allegations:

1) He convinced Nicole to stand in Marine Parade

2) Nicole is not prone to advice

3) The ex-RP group ran a maverick campaign irregarding of party leadership

4) The ex-RP group launched a coup after the GE

5) The ex-RP group disrespected the old guard

Let's await how the NSP will respond.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would advise NS to abandon the NSP as they will never be able to win a seat. Eat some humble pie and join WP, the only opposition party that is capable of winning seats.

Many have said this but she will not join for the following reasons:

1) She doesn't appear unhappy with NSP.

2) She thinks her chances of getting elected makes little difference with and without WP's banner.

3) She is aware of her star status which can diminish in an organization of many stars. Neither WP or her will mutually benefit from each other.

4) She's already in a position to decide things and won't give up the things like the right to be fielded and where to be fielded, simply for a slightly better chance.

I can quite predict that if she does join WP from where she is, she will be used as a foot soldier running errands, at least for some time.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well guys, the main story here isn't GMS.

The main story is Nicole Seah describing her meltdown in public. Why the fuck is she doing that? She is killing her political career.

She may be a general in NSP instead of a foot soldier in WP. At the very least she is a colonel. But being a colonel is a lot of hard work and very stressful.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whatever, Nicole will continue to be the pin-up girl of local politics until a younger and prettier one comes along...

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is the impression GMS tried to give to the online community as far as I remember, but it is doubtful as to whether "The Nicole Seah" was a sole handicraft of GMS. If it was so, he would not go all the way out to demolish her.

Nicole was part of an ex-RP team that arrived in NSP, and all including herself recognized that she was the youngest, lowest paper qualified and most inexperienced junior of the group. When RP formed a post-JBJ CEC and prematurely announced candidates, Jeanette, Tony and Hazel were among them but not Nicole. Why would she suddenly become GMS "pet" and not seek alternative opinions from the 3 and Spencer?

The part about disrespecting NSP's long time veterans. The group dominates NSP even until now and without their support, the ex-RP group will not succeed. They either respect the veterans and get to where they are, or disrespect them and get nothing. To oust them and yet be supported by them doesn't make sense. That is why I think NSP's rebuttal will clear the air.

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Stop sending GMS up, Sam. He might start to believe that he actually has something of value to say...not that he doesn't think so already. :*:

I believe in him. I've felt his on line presence since the good old days of SCS and he had a profound influence on me.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
And the point is?
if you were sincere and genuine with your concerns of another person, would you then publish something that you wrote to him/her?

make no mistake, this piece by rabid goh aka mr i'm-always-correct aka i-always-have-the-last-word intention has "me", "me", "me" written all over it

Last edited:

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GMS made several allegations:

1) He convinced Nicole to stand in Marine Parade

2) Nicole is not prone to advice

3) The ex-RP group ran a maverick campaign irregarding of party leadership

4) The ex-RP group launched a coup after the GE

5) The ex-RP group disrespected the old guard

Let's await how the NSP will respond.

I'm fairly sure NSP will respond the way WP has responded to all of GMS's rants...
By completely ignoring him.
Which is the right thing to do. Outside of this forum and maybe a couple of other niche forums, hardly anyone knows who GMS is. Why respond and draw attention to him in the media?