• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Choon Phong - The man who is destroying SIA

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There have been issues with South Korean military pilots moving to the commercial World. Its not a one-off affair. The fear of challenging a superior is a known traits and that comes form the military back ground. In the case of our Silk Air pilot, he had chalked up a series of breaches. He should not have been allowed to fly. The demotion did nothing to save the lives of innocent passengers.

Almost all the ex air force pilots make the grade when they move on from military to commercial flying. Some find the transition easier than others and many are doing well as instructors and management pilots. Their military flying whether fighters or transport, develops their handling skills and being in the forces they usually have and display good leadership qualities.

They need to learn how to manage the automation in the cockpit and work well together with their partner in the cockpit. They also need to pick up a different perspective of safety mindedness in relation to schedule pressures. Most do so fairly easily because along with their leadership qualities as mentioned, they also have maturity.

So all in all yes, ex airforce pilots usually end up as good commercial pilots.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Hahaha..you mind as well add SilkAir Cpt Tsu Way Ming, famous RSAF Top pilot and Black Knights. I'm sure you would want to have a front seat.

Yet another stupid comment coming from your ass. Capt Tsu crashed his plane not because of his military flying background, or lack of proper flying skills due to military flying. He crashed it because he had a mental issue, lost a lot of money and was suicidal. All your idiotic posts earlier make the stupid point that military pilots are risk takers, and still think they are flying fighters in the airlines, and hence are unsafe. This is not what caused Capt Tsu to crash. Keep on bringing up your stupid examples, I enjoy making a fool of you.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I already walk around whenever I fly. However I still remember how crammed I felt when flying SIA economy especially because SIA flights are usually crowded. When a flight is crowded it's not as easy to walk around without bumping into people.

The best flight I ever took was on a Quantas economy flight to London. Only a third of the seats were occupied & the crew spread the passengers around so that each of us had 3 seats allowing us to use the seats as beds. That was the most comfortable flight I ever had. Sleeping though most of the trip & skipping on the meals :smile:

if sia flights are usually crowded it means its service is in demand and it has good business. no problem with that. of course for selfish reasons every passenger wishes he or she is the only passenger on board. for me, i'd rather be surrounded and crowded by chiobus.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Not skills issue. Temperament and upbringing differs from expats pilots. One idiot here exemplify this.
There are literally thousands and thousands of ex military pilots flying airliners all over the world. many with no incidents whatsoever. However, you are such a stupid hypocrite, you don't even realize it. Now, i am going to make you look like a fool again.

Before you get on a flight, do you ask whether the pilot is ex military? I bet you don't. Despite all your posts about ex military pilots being unsafe, temperament no good, etc, you would still happily climb into a plane flown by one of these ex military pilots. I wonder how many times you have arrived safely at your destination on a plane flown by an ex military pilot? I bet that even if you were told to your face that the pilot flying your plane today was ex military, you would still get on that flight. Let me ask you whether you have ever not gotten on a flight after asking and finding out the pilot was ex military? I bet you never bothered to ask. And I bet even if you knew, you would still get on that plane. What a fucking hypocrite.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNN, how you know they are at Parc 55, that is supposed to be confidential info. SQ screws ..... i mean crews, very leeluctant to give out that info. Parking there is the shits. Anyway, now that they are flying Airbus 350, yeah, its non stop. I hate those non stops. Cooped up in the plane the whole time. If I am flying with a FWB, then its not so bad, can play with her pussy under the blanket and get a handjob most of the way. But that does not help with the DVT since I am lying there diddling her. hehehehehehe

in the late 80s and early 90s it was known as fuck 55 as sf bf's of stewardesses would go up to their rooms to give them a warm welcum (pun intended).

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was surfing Youtube & it seems that there are now many airlines offering their version of Premium Economy seats. So obviously there is a market for more room

[video=youtube;BFH7ztv-4Ok]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFH7ztv-4Ok[/video]

SalahParking

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are literally thousands and thousands of ex military pilots flying airliners all over the world. many with no incidents whatsoever. However, you are such a stupid hypocrite, you don't even realize it. Now, i am going to make you look like a fool again.

Before you get on a flight, do you ask whether the pilot is ex military? I bet you don't. Despite all your posts about ex military pilots being unsafe, temperament no good, etc, you would still happily climb into a plane flown by one of these ex military pilots. I wonder how many times you have arrived safely at your destination on a plane flown by an ex military pilot? I bet that even if you were told to your face that the pilot flying your plane today was ex military, you would still get on that flight. Let me ask you whether you have ever not gotten on a flight after asking and finding out the pilot was ex military? I bet you never bothered to ask. And I bet even if you knew, you would still get on that plane. What a fucking hypocrite.

Hahahaha...SIA wont listen, they will still hire expats, you loose then. Confirm chop this looney is really a woman. Getting naggy. Go out and get some, you only charge 2 cents.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if sia flights are usually crowded it means its service is in demand and it has good business. no problem with that. of course for selfish reasons every passenger wishes he or she is the only passenger on board. for me, i'd rather be surrounded and crowded by chiobus.

The crowds I encountered could be foreigners who got their tickets cheaper e.g. Malaysian, Indonesians,.... Back then SIA was popular among other nationalities. As a Sporean I refuse to pay more $$ then other nationalities. I also don't want to pay extra $$ to be treated as a 2nd class citizen by SIA.

Currently, the fact that SIA is losing $ shows that people are going elsewhere. It is a buyers market & there are airlines that provide cheaper & probably better service than SIA.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was surfing Youtube & it seems that there are now many airlines offering their version of Premium Economy seats. So obviously there is a market for more room

[video=youtube;BFH7ztv-4Ok]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFH7ztv-4Ok[/video]

sia is also offering premium economy class on the direct sfo-sin route. seats remind me of the old business class seats when they were first introduced. on united, business class has crappy seats very much like premium economy seats of asian airlines. business class on sia offers cubicle compartments, very much better than 1st class seats on united. in fact, there's no point flying 1st class on sia as the sfo-sin route also offers cubicle compartments (almost same size as biz class but with more leg room and seat can fold into bed). best is to fly in a mini-suite for 2 with bed and bath on an a-380 for long haul. what i want is a long haul flight with poker players in mind - us$6.9k roundtrip, us$6.9k buy-in on a table for 6.9 players, at least 6.9 hours of playing time, 69 square meters of spacious lounge to relax, 6.9-person live band playing soft music, 6.9 feet of free flowing bar, at least 6.9 cocktail waitresses in bikinis.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The crowds I encountered could be foreigners who got their tickets cheaper e.g. Malaysian, Indonesians,.... Back then SIA was popular among other nationalities. As a Sporean I refuse to pay more $$ then other nationalities. I also don't want to pay extra $$ to be treated as a 2nd class citizen by SIA.

Currently, the fact that SIA is losing $ shows that people are going elsewhere. It is a buyers market & there are airlines that provide cheaper & probably better service than SIA.

too bad, remaining a diehard sinkie has no travel perks except for a friendly passport. :p

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Almost all the ex air force pilots make the grade when they move on from military to commercial flying. Some find the transition easier than others and many are doing well as instructors and management pilots. Their military flying whether fighters or transport, develops their handling skills and being in the forces they usually have and display good leadership qualities.

They need to learn how to manage the automation in the cockpit and work well together with their partner in the cockpit. They also need to pick up a different perspective of safety mindedness in relation to schedule pressures. Most do so fairly easily because along with their leadership qualities as mentioned, they also have maturity.

So all in all yes, ex airforce pilots usually end up as good commercial pilots.

Giora Epstein. 17 comfired jet to jet kills.

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In some of the airlines, Korea and to a lesser extent the Thais there is a very strict and rigid hierarchy in the cockpit. The authority gradient is very steep and the copilots and junior Captains would very rarely dare voice out their concerns when the Commander does a course of action or makes a decision. Resource management is far from optimal and under stressful and adverse conditions teamwork breaks down and the flight can be unsafe.

This state of affairs is due to the military mindset of the system so the unhealthy situation is systemic rather than pilot centric. Change the system, make it more inclusive by decreasing the authority gradient.....encourage inputs and participation and everything would fall into place.

Regarding the Silk Air pilot , yes for what he did he was taken off the instructors list and reverted to being a line Captain but beyond that there was nothing he did that warranted the suspension or revoking of his flying licence.

There have been issues with South Korean military pilots moving to the commercial World. Its not a one-off affair. The fear of challenging a superior is a known traits and that comes form the military back ground. In the case of our Silk Air pilot, he had chalked up a series of breaches. He should not have been allowed to fly. The demotion did nothing to save the lives of innocent passengers.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Hahahaha...SIA wont listen, they will still hire expats, you loose then. Confirm chop this looney is really a woman. Getting naggy. Go out and get some, you only charge 2 cents.

There you go, changing the topic again, like a fickle bitch. I never mention anything about SQ hirign expat pilots. Why are you bringing this up? U posted several article saying that military pilots were unsafe commercial pilots. And, i refuted that by saying Sully was himself an ex military pilot, hence proving that your posts are all shit. I never mention anything about SQ hiring practices. I really enjoy poning your ass.