• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GMS: Only buddhists are not tongue twists

GoMadSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
gms_tt.jpg

.....................:wink:........................

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello, where does it say that only Buddhists are not tongue-twisters? Are you twisting GMS's words? :rolleyes:

I personally have seen many backstabbers from all religions and also those with no religion. It's human nature. Cuts across all races and religions.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello, where does it say that only Buddhists are not tongue-twisters? Are you twisting GMS's words? :rolleyes:

I personally have seen many backstabbers from all religions and also those with no religion. It's human nature. Cuts across all races and religions.

There are 2 kinds of "twisting". One is to allude a deeper meaning to a statement that is intentionally done in an inaccurate way. (Eg. by A says Buddhists don't drink, B says Buddhists who drink will go to hell)

The other is to change the words in a statement or the statement itself so that it means something else. (Eg. turning "we have no problem finding lawyers" to "Singapore's laws are fair and just")

The threadstarter is twisting GMS words based on the last paragraph which links his own "uprightness" to his Buddhist religion. That is partly GMS own fault. You should keep politics and religion separate.

GMS himself has often twisted his exchanger's words, but does so because of his command of English and wanting to respond too quickly out of impulsiveness.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The threadstarter is twisting GMS words based on the last paragraph which links his own "uprightness" to his Buddhist religion. That is partly GMS own fault.

Even if GMS was implying that he himself is upright, he did not imply other Buddhists similarly observe Buddhist tenets. The TS deliberately twisted this to mean that if GMS is Buddhist and upright, other Buddhists are also upright. No fault of GMS's; a reasonable person will never misunderstand that passage. (Actually it wasn't even mentioned that GMS is Buddhist. Hindu, Jains and Taoists also believe in karma.)

You should keep politics and religion separate.

Agree, especially in a multi-religious country like Singapore.

GMS himself has often twisted his exchanger's words, but does so because of his command of English and wanting to respond too quickly out of impulsiveness.

I've noticed this too.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nobody is upright everyone is a sinner and falling short of God's glory.

You shouldn't say that publicly if you're a politician.

By the by, your conception of Christian doctrine is flawed. Jesus did not come to set himself as an exception, to be worshipped but never emulated. He came to set an example, to show that what he has done, you can do also. That is, all sinners have the potential to walk his path and achieve resurrection of the Spirit from Flesh. That is true salvation, enlightenment, liberation.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you. He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." ~ John 14:12