• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GMS angry with WP again

GoMadSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP wants to go multi corner fight!

gmsreturns.jpg

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My favourite debater is here again. But he is right that any opposition member who wants to "promote multi-corner fights as a form of democracy" is silly.

Multi-corner fights are not an aim. The aim is to win seats.

But if multi-corner fights impede the goal to reduce PAP's seats, they are inevitable. Case in point is Punggol East. If WP and RP gave way to SDA or if WP gave way to RP and SDA, Punggol East will still be in PAP hands.

In the past the opposition camp did not have enough candidates. It would be silly if there were walkovers in 60 seats and multi-corner fights in 20 seats. Why not have the extra 20 opposition candidates move to the 60 seats and create a straight fight in 40 seats.

But from 2016 it is expected that all seats will be contested. Multi-corner fights may be inevitable but should be kept to a minimum. This should not be at the expense of having strong parties pull out good candidates to allow weak parties and candidates to contest. A balance should be struck.

Would WP have grown if other parties go into multi-corner fights with them? I am not a fortune teller. But I am sure other parties will want to grow as well. They will avoid multi-corner fights even if WP wants them.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Goh Meng Seng really likes to put words in peoples' mouths. I would invite him to actually quote someone from WP or in fact any opposition member who actually holds the view that multi-cornered fights should be encouraged.

tanwp has said it correctly that in the past, 3CFs could be avoided because opposition as a whole was not fielding enough candidates to cover the whole island, but now 3CFs are inevitable because the opposition is starting to field much larger numbers.

There is therefore no need to ask WP to be grateful that in the past, opposition parties avoided 3CFs. That was the common sensical thing to do. It's like asking car drivers to be grateful that pedestrians look left and right before crossing the zebra crossing.

As for helping WP grow, I can put the issue back to other oppo parties, and ask them why did they NOT grow as fast as WP, since they were also spared the spectre of 3CFs in the past?

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
All oppositions should join WP!

Only WP can give you a ticket to a Parliamentary Seat!

Then we see something happening.

Otherwise everybody will remained in the Buddha Loop of not getting a seat in the Parliament!!

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Goh Meng Seng really likes to put words in peoples' mouths. I would invite him to actually quote someone from WP or in fact any opposition member who actually holds the view that multi-cornered fights should be encouraged.

Nevertheless it is the first time GMS proved some of us wrong by not coming back to this forum after getting fired. Most including myself thought he would not be able to resist coming back and fire back just like the last few times.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Nevertheless it is the first time GMS proved some of us wrong by not coming back to this forum after getting fired. Most including myself thought he would not be able to resist coming back and fire back just like the last few times.

He has sycophants on Facebook. Doesn't need to come back to SBF where he will be hammared left right centre